Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275386 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7470 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »

Loosely related, but I've always headcanoned it that Jedi can stop physical projectiles in midair matrix style and that's why people try blasters.  Its always seemed to me that if it was possible to shotgun Obi-wan to death someone would have thought of that by now.

I dunno, it seems to me that throwing a grenade at a Jedi Master is a good way to get yourself blown up.
Spoiler: Derail (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: May 01, 2017, 06:41:35 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: May 01, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »

How many dark side points did you just gain there?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: May 02, 2017, 06:34:16 pm »

Completed a terror mission with only three civilian deaths, no soldier casualties, and a rating of "Excellent!"

Laser weapons kick a surprising amount of ass. A welcome step-up of the days (read: 5 minutes ago) of soldiers shooting Floaters with cannons only to be slain by the return fire.

EDIT: Still having no luck with installing mods, though. I don't care if it's relatively ineffective now, I want my shotgun, dammit!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: May 02, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

Final battles are fairly anticlimactic if you clear out the enemy base beforehand.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: May 02, 2017, 11:29:54 pm »

There's a really great cartoon out there where Mace Windu loses his lightsaber while fighting super battle droids and proceeds to kung fu the shit out of them while disassembling them with his mind.  That's what the prequels should have been (that, and more varied uses for the force like healing the sick and such).
There was more from Tartakovsky's Clone Wars Cartoons :3 But this is a short video of it where Windu also uses Force Speed.
Actually why didn't we see that at all in anywhere in the movies @_@

This reminds me of my current game.
Spoiler: XCOM: EW; Long War (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: May 02, 2017, 11:36:14 pm »

Force Speed.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use it to run from the droidekas at the beginning of Ep1... Strange that neither did when fighting Maul.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: May 02, 2017, 11:45:30 pm »

Force Speed.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use it to run from the droidekas at the beginning of Ep1... Strange that neither did when fighting Maul.
I finally noticed that bit.
... :-\ So many opportunities.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:49:04 pm by Tiruin »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: May 02, 2017, 11:53:51 pm »

For all we know, they could have been using force speed the entire time, and the normal speed of the fight is just from their perspective. Anybody else watching would just see a bunch of blue and red blurs.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: May 03, 2017, 12:10:48 am »

Woah, I never noticed that!  I assumed they just leapt away or something - the explosion grabbed my eye.  That's really cool!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: May 03, 2017, 12:14:25 am »

For all we know, they could have been using force speed the entire time, and the normal speed of the fight is just from their perspective. Anybody else watching would just see a bunch of blue and red blurs.
O_O
This makes sense in everything now, and made me recall my try in Star Wars: Republic Commando. (Repeating laser rifles \o/)

Woah, I never noticed that!  I assumed they just leapt away or something - the explosion grabbed my eye.  That's really cool!
Yeah, back in my childhood I loved physics and reading all that, I could recognize those bits but how many things happening on screen had me seeing more explosions rather than...well, that.
But I did wonder how the hallway was empty as I assumed they ran to the right. :P

[Game noted right at top]
So playing on the hardest difficulty because I can, having fun with tactical positioning, panicking because of being overwhelmed with fire on all sides, and getting familiar with all these fancy grenades gets me in the most adrenaline filled situations at the end of Mission 2 (aboard a Republic starship...the ending being very intense), and a less intense Mission 3 on Kashyyk. Because Grievous' bodyguards are no joke and are extremely annoying (or at least they are his body guards--those double purple plasma bladed robots are very annoying and the NPC I have to defend keeps dying to them x~x)
I feel like winning that one mission and then not having to guard the NPC anymore is a win, on the hardest difficulty.

. . .Also remembering what grenade does what. A bit of playing on shared games of (Star Wars: Knights of the Ol' Republic) had me understanding grenades even better (Sonic, Thermal, etc...) when I got back into playing and trying to finish that last mission area.
Also the Wookies keep dying ;~;

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: May 03, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »

Just destroyed an Alien Base with no losses.

Granted, I did lose the US as a funding partner (they signed a pact), but the other nations are all still in.

Personal Armor was only marginally better than Coveralls (My units looked better but still died as fast), so I upgraded to Power Suits and never looked back. Now my troops can actually stay alive long enough for others to use Med-Kits on them!

I may actually be getting good at this game!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: May 04, 2017, 12:43:23 am »

Came in first place on bowser's castle with room to spare as yoshi, and utterly smoked the one guy who has been dominating everyone else in the lobby for once.  Felt good.

Of course all the highlight reels of the races after that, could be summed up as "30 seconds of dinosaur abuse", "Yoshi almost places then gets shelled to 11th on the last quarter of the last lap", and "30 seconds of Yoshi fucking up shortcuts and running into bananas"

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:50:48 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: May 04, 2017, 06:06:10 pm »

I have completely skullfucked Abbadon's plans for the Gothic Sector by hiding away both the Eye of Night and the Hand of Darkness. Slowly beating off the Chaos assaults, with Nova Cannon and hunting down their admirals.

Current foes in order of difficulty:

4: Eldar. Buncha wimps get blown apart so easily. Nova Cannons are love.
3: Imperial Traitors. I do what they can, but better most of the time, and I'm building for high shields. Tank v Tank, and I'm the better tank.
2: Chaos. Their bloody Cruisers are the same speed as my Frigates. If I can catch them, I rip them apart. If they have an objective they need to get to... yeah.
1: Orks. I now understand Imhotekh the Stormlord's issue with them. How the fuck do I fight these guys? Their Light Kroozers can fight my Cruisers! I just avoid the Greenskins at this point, too hard to kill. Better to hunt for Eldar, easy fights.

Also, fuck Convoy and Planetary Defense.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:09:18 pm by ArchAIngel »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: May 05, 2017, 04:43:36 pm »

Once again, Red decided not to use the fact that Mawile is very, very flammable and make an easy win. Only this time, Blue was standing next to him to laugh at his foolishness - at least Blue managed to take out Garchomp.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 708