Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274287 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7950 on: August 27, 2017, 08:26:23 am »

Picked up a leopard-pattern helmet and a rainbow drill from random loot. I be pimpin' while I be minin'.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: August 27, 2017, 08:45:16 pm »

Damn, I read that as "keyboard-pattern" for a mo.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: August 27, 2017, 10:10:50 pm »

Life is much better with a working ammo-supply belt for my turrets. Now instead of always having to resupply them (and repairing them when I forget) I can set up a bunch along the perimeter of my factory and watch over radar as they mow down alien after alien.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: August 28, 2017, 12:17:01 pm »

Lasers. You seek lasers.

No Ammo, just energy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: August 28, 2017, 02:10:47 pm »

Nope. Guns do better damage (albeit at a shorter range). My walls always have guns nowadays, with fancy circuit limited sparse belts running in a recirculating loop and fed by a (small) dedicated factory.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: August 28, 2017, 02:15:30 pm »

Lasers require next to nothing nothing to maintain, especially with nuclear power. In fact I have been able to store enough power for 2-3 sections of my wall to wipe out 3 separate rushes with only 20-30 accumulators.

Also with their upgrades researched they 1-shot anything that comes near them. They do ENOUGH damage and with longer range.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:46:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:01 pm »

Threw Obi-wan into the thruster flame of the Millennium Falcon. Then I threw his ghost into a wall, where it landed in a fire. Probably because he was a ghost, the fire didn't hurt him(it hurt me), but my lightning, and especially lightning-covered lightsaber did.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: August 29, 2017, 09:05:57 pm »

Since latest version at least. That's why the alternate name for taverns is "the swimming pool filled with everyone's vomit that nobody knows how to clean up". Not sure if there's drunk effects(vomit) from normal seasonal-ish drinking, but they do get a moodlet for being inebriated.
I haven't played in a while, so I haven't seen any effects that are similar to the one you described aside from the massive pile of vomit directly outside the gates which cave-adapted dwarves routinely contribute to as they walk outside.

Also, isn't there a way to command dwarves to clean stuff? I could have sworn there was.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:26 am »

I went to the last industrial level as a changeling. I got the message that the killer robot was attacking. I went to a lab, used the cloning machine to copy my invisibility syringe, and get a total of three.
Then I went outside, putting down a boombox, so the robot' RPG might hit bystanders instead. The robot appeared. I went invisible, shot him with the shotgun until I ran out ammo, then hit him with my sledgehammer till it broke, and I become visible. I ran away, refilled my ammo, got re-invisible twice more, each time shooting the robot first with the shotgun, then my machinegun. Finally, I ran out of invisibility syringes, and the robot killed my host. I ran away, grabbed the first hostable person that came along, then ran around desperately looking for drug dealers carrying useful syringes. I got more hosts killed, had to keep grabbing more. Finally I found another invisibility syringe, and shot the robot more. Finally, I ran out of invisible, and had to carefully avoid the RPG while shooting him. Then I killed him. I killed the robot meant to be run away from. Awesome.

Streets of Rogue
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7959 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:58 pm »

Sounds a lot like the Verdugo fight in RE4.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: August 30, 2017, 12:50:57 pm »

People seem to think I know what they mean when they use abreiviations. What does RE mean?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: August 30, 2017, 12:57:41 pm »

People seem to think I know what they mean when they use abreiviations. What does RE mean?

Resident Evil

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7962 on: August 30, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »

You wouldn't know this but as a best practice I only abbreviate games if they're easy to look up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »

You're supposed to run from that? I always shoved a tank of liquid nitrogen down its throat and went to town on it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: August 30, 2017, 04:40:31 pm »

You're supposed to run from that? I always shoved a tank of liquid nitrogen down its throat and went to town on it.
Pretty sure you have to run at first. The first liquid nitrogen tank is in one of the side rooms, and unless you're using the rocket launcher or a magnum I think you need multiple tanks to actually kill the thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 708