Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275131 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8010 on: September 19, 2017, 01:05:42 am »

Spoiler: Fox Two! (click to show/hide)

This is more fun than it has any business being.
What game?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: September 19, 2017, 05:39:08 am »

What game?
Looks like it might be the same as the last one Blaze posted, which was called Terratech.

I could be wrong, but the art style and UI look identical.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: September 19, 2017, 04:52:22 pm »

Realized an epic fail. Turns out the power ratings of the Pokemon that appear in the stages is based on the average of all Pokemon you own, and I had been sitting on several really weak ones due to nostalgia(including the Pikachu you get at the start, and all those with a special trait). Because of this, the strongest I had was a Pwr-557 Milotic that I got really lucky on getting(it was the stage boss), and nothing else I was catching was coming close.

Dumped pretty much everything I had, and kept dumping the weakest, and now my strongest after a couple of runs is a couple of Pwr-677 Seadra and I'm pretty close to dumping the Milotic. I don't really want to because it has Disarming Voice(Fairy-type shotgun blast) and Rest(healing, which is rare in this game), but it's not really helping much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: September 20, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »

What game?
Is it just me, or is Blaze's job here to post a game-related post without saying which game, and then it's guninanrunin's job to ask what game it is?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: September 20, 2017, 03:30:03 pm »

I fucked up. I was designing a goblin drop pit, and got overconfident. I designated several zs at once. Que cave in and two injured miners. The own comes in here. I immediately designed and furnished a hospital, added doctor labors, and dug the injured out.

They are recuperating nicely.

Df
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: September 20, 2017, 06:42:34 pm »

I fucked up. I was designing a goblin drop pit, and got overconfident. I designated several zs at once. Que cave in and two injured miners. The own comes in here. I immediately designed and furnished a hospital, added doctor labors, and dug the injured out.

They are recuperating nicely.

Df

Except one of the new unskilled doctors replaced one of the injured dwarf's kidneys with a sock. lol

but yeah, its always a good feeling when the healthcare industry works right and its one of the things you might forget to do when starting a new fort
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »

Huh, exact same thing just happened to me. Except I just repurposed some plebs' beds ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: September 20, 2017, 08:11:01 pm »

Duo farmed Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit EX with two DPS classes. Garuda was easiest, and most people told us this was not possible for any of them due to mechanics.

Great fun, many rare drops were had.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: September 21, 2017, 12:21:35 am »

Beat the game without continuing or losing all my souls and even captured the final spellcard to boot. All this on my sixth try playing it. I REALLY like this new game, especially compared to its predecessors. Bullet patterns feel much fairer in general[Although the Extra Stage mooks can go to hell] and the team system is really neat once you get the hang of it. My favourite part, however, is that the final boss doesn't care about your resources at all. They're bomb-immune and drain your souls instead of your lives when you get hit. This means that you can keep playing even after a stupid mistake in Stage 2 and still plausibly be able to win if you do well from there. This is in stark contrast to Evanescant Existence, where the only sure way to defeat the final attack is to chain 5-6 bombs in a row, which essentially requires cheesing the stages and milking certain attacks for as many points[and thus lives] as you can. And especially in contrast to Earthen Miraculous Sword, where I literally could not get past Stage 3 without ragequitting.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29:22 am »

Do you like Touhou or Len’en more, overall?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: September 21, 2017, 03:49:23 am »

Fought against: The Russians boosted by two ticks, the UK to the north, the French to the west, and the Italians I forgot to fully kill before declaring war on Russia and actually won all three wars.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: September 21, 2017, 05:05:21 am »

The forces of Chaos suffered a humiliating defeat. With minor assistance from two other Waaaghs!, the Gretchin Revolutionary Committee managed to turn the tide against three traitor legions with a kill to loss ratio of only 7:1. Just under 7000 Grotz died in the making of this victory, they will be remembered as their bodies are scraped from the flattened remnants of Grot Tanks, Killa Kans and where ever else they were thrown during bomb squig explosions.

I decided to play some games using only Gretchin units as the Orks. This means Gretchins (builder units), Grot Boyz, Grot Tankz, Killa Kans, Bomb Squigs (since they're lower on the food chain then gretchins) and various turrets that are manned by gretchins. The only way I was able to hold the line was because Chaos couldn't get over the bridge since it was crammed full of Tankz and Killa Kans.
That kill ratio; I had nearly 7000 dead, the enemy about 1000

Dawn of War: Soulstorm b/w Ultimate Apocalypse.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:21 pm »

Do you like Touhou or Len’en more, overall?

Definitely Touhou, although I suspect that the gap will narrow more as Jynx gets better at game making. That said, I haven't played the latest Len'en game yet. I more or less skipped Tsurubami and basically all of EMS because of frustration, but I think I'll give the RMI Extra Boss an honest try before moving on.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:15 pm »

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:12 am »

Just finished a Very Hard Bretonnia run. With that, it means I've won a very hard (legendary with Greenskins) campaign with every race except Norsca (because I don't have them). Feelin' good.

That said, I don't think I'll play the brets again in a very long time. I just don't like their gameplay.

Total War: WARHAMMER
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 708