Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275082 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8025 on: September 23, 2017, 04:06:16 am »

We were defending a VIP trapped in the tunnel networks when advent troopers began pouring in two at a time from above.  My corporal templar heroically held off two waves of troopers on his own, by each turn cutting one down with his psi blades and then using a barrier to parry the other's shot.  It was seriously like a jedi fighting storm troopers.  At the end of it, no one had a scratch and we were up 94 intel, 4 promotions and an engineer.

I check the Templar's promotion screen.  Newly available Xcom skill: reaper.  For one turn, on a cooldown, melee kills grant another action.  I feel like the game is letting me get away with things.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: September 23, 2017, 01:32:10 pm »

Completed a “Riding Shotgun” challenge, the Bohan Snake, and both “Excess Delivery” Odd Jobs with gold medals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: September 23, 2017, 04:43:41 pm »

Got lucky at the Tricky Factory and caught the stage boss: Porygon-Z, power rating 938. Bear in mind, less than a week ago the best I could field was a Milotic at 557, which was a very lucky catch itself.

Immediately taught it Tri-Attack, a fairly short-ranged but very wide wave Normal-type ****-strength(which is high) attack that has a chance to paralyze, burn, or freeze any of the enemies it hits. I also kept it with Signal Beam, a Bug-type ****-strength line attack that can confuse. It began murdering its way through several story battles, including hardmode ones.

Also awesome was the Pokemon I caught it with: Mareep that I gave Thunderbolt to. Also awesome was the slightly-stronger Durant I also added to the lineup and gave Iron Head to. Currently, my highest rated Pokemon is Florges, but she's slow and her moves suck and I haven't unlocked much better.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: September 23, 2017, 08:41:25 pm »

Just finished a Very Hard Bretonnia run. With that, it means I've won a very hard (legendary with Greenskins) campaign with every race except Norsca (because I don't have them). Feelin' good.

That said, I don't think I'll play the brets again in a very long time. I just don't like their gameplay.

Total War: WARHAMMER

By any chance do you play with Radious? Cause I'm doing a very hard vamp. run and idk if radious makes it easier or harder.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: September 23, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »

Just finished a Very Hard Bretonnia run. With that, it means I've won a very hard (legendary with Greenskins) campaign with every race except Norsca (because I don't have them). Feelin' good.

That said, I don't think I'll play the brets again in a very long time. I just don't like their gameplay.

Total War: WARHAMMER

By any chance do you play with Radious? Cause I'm doing a very hard vamp. run and idk if radious makes it easier or harder.
No. I don't like Radious. He fucks the game balance on way too many levels. Economy becomes a non-issue and he adds units that not only make no sense, but also breaks the balance. For instance, giving ranged units to vampires, or fast units to dwarfs.

I use Crynsos' framework with a bunch of self-picked mods.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: September 23, 2017, 10:04:28 pm »

I think I'll give the RMI Extra Boss an honest try before moving on.

Beat the Extra Boss. Honestly wasn't THAT hard. The Extra Stage required a lot of effort to memorize where on the screen the enemies spawned so I could kill them instantly and, when that wasn't practical, when to bomb to clear the ridiculously hard patterns. The boss proper, however, was more or less a pushover until about halfway through the fight. Even then, only the non spells and the final two attacks were really challenging. The final attack in particular required four bombs and a life to clear properly, which is nearly as bad as Clause's final attack from EE.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: September 24, 2017, 02:23:22 pm »

Participated in most of an alert, pushing from East Canyon, to Briggs, to taking Mao Tech Plant from the NC, all while NC and VS were busy scrapping over The Crown. This gave us a 1% lead over the VS. Redeploy-hopped to Tawrich Depot to prevent the VS from forcing a tie, though it was largely unnecessary, we were already retaking it before I got there. Also, not sure if a small outpost would have had the same worth as a Techplant, though everyone assumed it was.

It finished with that nice 5000XP(20 certs) reward at the end. Also managed to get the killing shots on at least 3 MAXes during it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: September 25, 2017, 09:04:23 am »

Scored 11094.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: September 25, 2017, 09:08:07 am »

At the start of the match, hopped in a plane. Did a few strafing runs, but an enemy plane got behind me and shot my plane to flames. I ejected, somehow surviving the few hundred foot drop with the only damage being from the plane trying to shoot me as I fell. Technically that's a violation of the Geneva Conventions(an ejected pilot from a craft in distress is considered non-combatant), but it probably doesn't count since as soon as I got up, I locked on with my Scalpel launcher(basically a real-life Javelin) and dropped him.

Made it to a friendly outpost for ammo and healing, and ended up surviving the entire match. Might have got the winning kill as well. The closest moment I got to dying was when a tank drove right into the outpost, its commander machinegunning everyone around it. Standing on the resupply crate, I hit it with several Scalpels, which suggests a minimum range penalty - a long-range shot only took two to burn a tank, this took at least four.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: September 25, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »

Ravenfield doesn't have falling damage, which is just a recipe for awesomeness. I have seen bots fall out of a flaming helicopter, then lay waste to all who were around them.
Also, have you found the secret weapons?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: September 25, 2017, 01:43:08 pm »

Found one, the Hydra, through a guide. It's nice, but not really that effective; only 3-4 of the rockets I fired at a tank hit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: September 27, 2017, 02:21:13 am »

I can't uh... TOTALLY Own this one. Since it wasn't really all under my own control. But my final mission was to assassinate someone on a pretty big sovereign ship, and I was going, way, way too fast on the approach because... I'm not sure why. And I just so happened to be in the Foundry brick, which actually damages ships you ram into when you go fast enough. So... I pretty much in a split second before I impacted wrote this attempt off as a fail.

... Then I hit the ship and got the message popped up telling me my mission was complete. ... I accidentally completed what was supposed to be the hardest mission in this characters career by forgetting to turn on the fucking brakes.

Don't drink and pilot a pod everyone.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: September 27, 2017, 02:35:34 am »

Is there a downside to ramming ships in that game?

...also is it good?  It seems right up my alley...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:34 am »

Well the foundry brick is something you need to unlock, and then also buy. You can also get it randomly spawning on new lives but that takes a lot of effort. Also you need to do the repairing QTE after a ram or it blows up.

I might not be the best judge if it's good or not, I personally really like it. Maybe look up some gameplay and see what you think? You could also maybe give it a go for an hour or two on steam and if you don't like it refund it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: September 27, 2017, 03:46:13 am »

Well, if your mission is to steal something or take someone off the ship alive, ramming might destroy your objective and cause a mission fail.

Ramming hard enough to cause damage also triggers alarms inside the ship, making it flee to an enemy station. If it was *already* going to an enemy station, it speeds up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 708