Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1271764 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8175 on: November 21, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

what is the riddle of steel?

no idea but im working on the flesh portion of the riddle, as i've finally got my little base set up around a small oasis in the middle of the map and i'm now trying to break thralls to man the wall and guard my treasures and maybe find a strong high level one as a follower.

the steel portion is quite a bit away tho, only just started making iron shit.

the will part, well, im enjoying the game and want to see my pimped out hideaway be manned by hot warrior chicks.

what is best in life?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: November 21, 2017, 02:51:53 pm »

I think a kickass base manned by warrior chicks is pretty near the top.

Also, how is that game now I heard about bugs and stuff, are they adding conan-esque magic and the like?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: November 21, 2017, 03:08:13 pm »

I think a kickass base manned by warrior chicks is pretty near the top.

Also, how is that game now I heard about bugs and stuff, are they adding conan-esque magic and the like?

there's some early access shenanigans, sometimes some constructions might not save correctly (i had a foundation set for a future wheel of pain location have a corner block disappear but i was having a weird issue where it wasn't setting correctly until i built a little around it so it might have been that), some animation jerkyness (not a whole lot surprisingly), and rhinos will ruin your shit with their multihit horn slash (animals can't damage buildings thankfully).

but the devs are active, the game has fairly regular updates or at the least, dev blog posts, and the game is quite enjoyable in singleplayer or small private servers. some of the larger ones suffer from griefing but that's not limited to conan exiles alone tho.

as for magic, i know it's somewhat in the game as a pvp ender (literally you can summon a avatar of your deity who is extremely strong and will wreck shit) but since im just playing around on single player, i haven't tried it.

i would recommend the game if you can get it on sale

*also be forewarned it has full frontal male and female nudity (it is optional tho)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:10:02 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: November 21, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »

So you can turn that nudity off? I'm not prudish about it but I have a young kid, you see. That's a good option.

I'm probably gonna pick it up on sale, then.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: November 21, 2017, 03:25:41 pm »

yeah its pretty fun, but its like minecraft fun: you gotta make the fun yourself if you play it singleplayer. im currently grinding materials to finish my base (this is pretty grindy, if you weren't into that with minecraft/any other survival game). eventually it's supposed to have blood moon style base attacks where you get attacked by monsters but that ain't in yet. and the thrall system is supposed to get expanded into a city life system, but also, that's not fully in yet either.

right now, its like making a pretty cool home base, manning it with npcs, getting up to good level gear, and then exploring, as there are alot of ruins and underground caverns filled with corruption and monsters that will kick your ass if you don't use iron/steel level stuff. at least you can have a thrall companion now, which is what im working towards.

also since im on the topic of combat; the game is pretty violent. srsly i was on a friends server a few versions ago and he got his legs ripped off by a gator. holy shit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: November 21, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »

That's rad as hell.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:59 pm »

Completed two bundles I'd never thought I'd complete early - the Crab Pot bundle and the entire Vault(which costs 42,500g). It is only Fall 26, 1st Year.

Of the Crab Pot Bundle, only one(Shrimp) actually required use of a Crab Pot. And the reward for the Crab Pot Bundle is... more Crab Pots.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: November 22, 2017, 10:17:06 pm »

Nice!  I think I got everything *except* the fishing-
Wait, you completed the vault in the first year??
I haven't done a second, more optimal, playthrough yet... but that seems like a lot of dosh.  Nice indeed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: November 23, 2017, 07:24:23 am »

Nice!  I think I got everything *except* the fishing-
Wait, you completed the vault in the first year??
I haven't done a second, more optimal, playthrough yet... but that seems like a lot of dosh.  Nice indeed.

Not entirely sure how I got the cash for the vault. Probably because I managed to put up around 200 tiles of crops during Summer and Fall. This included 15 tiles for blueberries(best per-day profit of Summer crops, makes good jelly) and 30 tiles of quality-fertilized pumpkins. Watering all that left me with about 40% energy by the time I was done at noon.

It's not as though I've held off upgrading tools(except hoe) and buildings. I've upgraded the house - not sure if I want to marry Abigail(because it's Abigail) or Penny(she's sweet and a little relatable to me) - and built a coop with two chickens.

Maybe it was the fishing that helped, which I ignored almost completely last time I played. I'm pretty good at getting maximum distance casts and looked up all the best spots, as both highly increase the chance of silver- and gold-quality fish and highly reduce the chance of trash items.

EDIT: Got the Sturgeon. That was a hard fish to catch, though by far not the hardest that can be caught. All that's left now are the Animal and Artisan Bundles and the Bulletin Board. The Board is going to take a while...

EDIT2: Beat Armstrong in one try. Holy crap, didn't expect that, since I'd been abusing a heavily(later fully) upgraded Pincer the entire game. It only took me three of the health recovery things. Pretty much blazed through around 100% of his health(he has 200% by the way) when I stunlocked him out of his healing stance twice in a row.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:14:30 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: November 25, 2017, 11:33:39 pm »

I kicked a piggy and danced wiv a kitty. ^_^

Also got a couple of 5 combos. And got drunk at a college gymnasium, I guess that counts as an own.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: November 25, 2017, 11:49:57 pm »

Was just walking around, accidentally hit my ult, decided to fire one off for no reason, killed a stealthed enemy as they were leaving without even knowing they were there. Skillz.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: November 26, 2017, 01:38:04 am »

Was just walking around, accidentally hit my ult, decided to fire one off for no reason, killed a stealthed enemy as they were leaving without even knowing they were there. Skillz.

"User has been banned for hacking."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:55 pm »

i birthed a new all materia

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: November 26, 2017, 05:41:09 pm »

Somehow managed to not die horribly in the tutorial for landing on a carrier deck.

EDIT: First battle ever. Scored a kill before I died. Looking at the AAR, it turned out that was the first kill of the battle. Respawned in a new tank, came under extreme fire, but got a kill, managed to repair, and pushed forward with allies until the victory message, then got another kill before the game ended.

i birthed a new all materia

Sell the one you mastered - you'll have gil for everything for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:53:49 pm by Akura »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: November 26, 2017, 08:21:50 pm »

Rogue Effect
A Mass Effect Roguelike :3
Linkie here, has disclaimer as not affliated with EA or otherwise.

The game is HARD, it is easy to die, and the 'enter' key expands the help sections in the manual. Also Atlas'es one-shot smash you in melee, and are hard as a tank to bring down.

This game starts you out with the six classes of Mass Effect--from the Adept to the Infiltrator, with 2 unlockable races per class, with the human being the baseline. You have 11 floors to clear and finish until game end, with 3, 6, and 10, being 'mission' floors, having a second objective that you should accomplish or lose the game. You have 2 of every consumable item, which is replenished every mission you finish (so you have a maximum of 5 if you used nothing).  Each class has around 5 powers to level and increase its potential, much like a bar graph of a tech tree, that you can choose where to increase or not. Playing as an Infiltrator (my favorite ever since I played ME2 as a start), I found durable cloaks being the BEST to escape anything while sniper'ing or otherwise my way out, and that the Cryo Blast is utterly useless--you only get a maximum of 2 weapons to carry out of the 5+ weapon types however. Weapons can be classified in effectiveness by its 'outline' or trim, with silver/gold being a common reward, and N7 being seemingly a mission-only reward (or on higher levels), and each floor until the last has at least 2 modifications OR a weapon being its special reward.

How this got own'd, even if I died on the last bloody floor (because of overconfidence and using my one-shot-kill-anything missiles on the last floor, forgetting that the mission-floors are 3, 6, and 10, rather than 3, 6, and 9), is because I got N7 weapons on both first two mission floors--thanks first of all to the infiltration cloak; the faster you finish a mission, the better the loot, and if it is better early on, the better your survival chances. The Tactical Cloak allows you to slip away invisibly from anything, and all enemies act as if you're in one location since last spotted (so you'll encounter a lot of suppressing fire, even if you're ducking past a corner), and for a roguelike it looks pretty well done. As I unlocked all classes other than the one requiring 50 tech kills (Quarians/Salarians be best, personally, alongside the Drell Assassins, even if the Asari have boosted powers because of their biotics, but Krogans have the most HP/Shields :D and I've no idea why Turians are like a mix of human/krogan stats, and cannot dodge)

Anyway, having gotten the N7 M-90 Indra on Mission 3, and the M-358 Talon on Mission 6, accuracy is the best stat as it allows long range kills to be done. Modifying a scope on weapons like these is needed (+accuracy), with the rest being up to personal playstyle (I picked additional ammunition, after getting 75 kills on the sniper rifle [for more exp, until I found out it is overall better than...the sniper rifle somehow, alongside it having higher accuracy]). The fun with the tactical cloak is its low cooldown and high 'durability' (# of turns active), that I can vanish and ambush all the time.

I just wish I wasn't overconfident as the last missions are swarming with Atlases, and they are like facing tanks as a WWII soldier. But all in all, I love having scored a personal highscore with this one human infiltrator.

Spoiler: Game? (click to show/hide)
Sadly there is no 'hall of heroes' or other screens to see your previous characters, but winning with the one in this picture should've been my good thing \o/ You can, however, take screenshots and the game saves it without you needing to.
I should have done that other than presenting the starting screen shown below.
Spoiler: "Won" with this. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:50:12 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 708