Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273743 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8220 on: December 05, 2017, 02:03:56 am »

> Naming a Daggerfall character "Halt"
brilliant
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: December 05, 2017, 02:24:28 am »

To be fair it wasn't originally my idea :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:47 am »

I dearly wish that I'd done a more formal write-up for this settlement. We started in an extreme desert, where an ancient highway met a river, and our first months were hell. There is hardly any arable land, just gravel where stone pillars meet sand. There is no wood, there is no animal life to hunt, none.
That's pretty dang cool! I haven't tried any of those edgy monster-related mods, but it seems like they're a lot better-implemented than I expected.
Might have to try them on my next colony. Oh gosh I really wish Prison Labour would update properly. Not to mention combat extended to make shotguns fun again...   

What's your rather brutal colony called, anyway?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: December 05, 2017, 04:46:54 am »

No real achievement gameplay wise, but I decided to get the Golden Ending for Doki Doki Literature Club. The skip button was my best friend, for getting through all the repeating dialogue, and holy shit was it able to make me feel. Totally worth the time.

The heartwarming end was so worth it as well.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: December 05, 2017, 04:53:14 am »

I'm not going to comment on DDLC because I have the feeling I have a very Unpopular Opiniontm about it, but I'll agree the Golden Ending was very nice. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: December 05, 2017, 07:59:44 am »

We were the Aussies on a map I've never played before (it's been months since I've opened the game), and I was a Machine Gunner. I set up on some elevated ground behind the majority of my teammates, but the map was dark, so I had to rely on our thankfully abundant spotting to effectively suppress and deter the incoming VC. I managed to get a good few kills by firing at muzzle flashes in the distance, but eventually our first point was overrun. The enemy was paying a heavy toll for every inch of ground though, and while they took one of the next pair of points fairly handily thanks to a wide flanking maneuver, my squad had set up in the other point to delay the enemy's advance while the rest of the team set up at the next point behind us. Eventually we were outnumbered on the point and it was taken from us, but the VC were having a problem killing us anyway. We were under heavy fire, leapfrogging backwards until we had no hard cover between us and our fallback point, and the commander noticed this. He ordered us to hold, as he had an artillery strike ready in a few seconds. He called it in and as the first rounds fell ordered us to run like hell. So we did.

One squadmate was unfortunate enough to leave cover too soon and was rewarded with a few rounds in his back, but the rest of us managed to make it back alive. The commander told us to set up a porcupine defense (I'm pretty sure he meant hedgehog, but it was easy enough to understand the order), and we wound up weathering half a dozen assaults before the enemy numbers were depleted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: December 05, 2017, 08:07:42 am »

I dearly wish that I'd done a more formal write-up for this settlement. We started in an extreme desert, where an ancient highway met a river, and our first months were hell. There is hardly any arable land, just gravel where stone pillars meet sand. There is no wood, there is no animal life to hunt, none.
That's pretty dang cool! I haven't tried any of those edgy monster-related mods, but it seems like they're a lot better-implemented than I expected.
Might have to try them on my next colony. Oh gosh I really wish Prison Labour would update properly. Not to mention combat extended to make shotguns fun again...   

What's your rather brutal colony called, anyway?   

Wyarwyeer (As in Why-Are-We-Here, but slurred in an eldritch way) is the settlement, and while the mods have cool things (Like lunar cycle, werewolves, worshiping eldritch gods, plumbing, and growing bamboo for construction) most of the horrible stuff like butchering people and using their skins to make couches, trendy leather jackets and eco-friendly burgers is all base game- you just have to tweak the butcher bench and cooking table labor settings.

Jecrell's Rim of Madness Mod-Pack is overall amazing, with fantastic art and level of detail in implementation.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: December 05, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »

I snatched Danzig from Denmark. Teutonic and Livonian Orders were destroyed very quickly, they didn't even make it to the 1470s! So I decided to feed Danish Livonia to Riga (who is my vassal) and also snatch Danzig, creating a vassal republic of the same name. What are you going to do without reforming into Commonwealth, Poland?

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: December 05, 2017, 05:00:53 pm »

After breaking the power of pan-European Bohemia and Holy Baden Empire, I've occupied, annexed and converted Rome to Sunni faith.

It's nice to be an Ottoman sultan!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:15:08 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21:32 pm »

I was playing Aurora 4x and had a "little" fight with the precursors, I sent what I though would be just enough ships to take out the four enemy capital ships and their scout. 5 Battlecruisers, 10 missile cruisers, 15 missile destroyers and 25 ordinary destroyers. Turns out I misjudged their numbers, they actually had another 8 or 9 ships of three previously unknown classes and had a much larger tech advantage than I had thought. I won with 0 losses despite bringing the obsolete AMMs and running almost out of missiles (in the fleet, had thousands back home). I suppose firing 195 missiles every 50 seconds really helped. Both sides ran out of Anti-Missile Missiles before the end (not that mine did much good, 12% accuracy and all) and I accidentally destroyed their scout (I wanted to try and capture it) but it was a fun fight.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: December 09, 2017, 06:39:41 am »

Lost, but I was 1st in team, 3rd overall. Spent the match in a Catalina, trying to do level bombing runs on the ground targets. Initially couldn't hit anything despite being a decent bomber-er. I dropped and started getting kills. Scored two triple kills in short order.

Naturally, this eventually caught the attention of the enemy team. They started ganging up on me. However, I had just installed the 12.7mm add-on, meaning I've got good gun coverage. The first fighter to get on my tail had a fuel ignition and burned down. Another fighter trying to drop down on me was destroyed. Even on that was actually going for one of my allies was killed. While this is going on, I'm still bombing ground targets.

While the enemy did learn to mostly respect my personal "piss off' zone, my tail was shot out and I was leaking fuel. I was still flying, and still kept on bombing. When the match ended, I was still in the air, not having been counted as a kill. All the while, some appropriate epic music started playing in the background.

All this with a sea plane on a land map.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: December 09, 2017, 12:15:46 pm »

First successful expedition to green mountainous lands in CONAN EXILES.

Killed many wolves, collected much resin. The big move is tonight. We will be trailing many thralls, including a named armorer. Along the way are a Black Rhino and the Rockhead King, which our scouts shall divert. The land itself contains grizzly bears and dire wolves.

We are bringing enough shaped wood to build a homestead. We are also bringing a smelter, a tannery, 500 lb of bacon, some sarsaparilla, and a grandfather clock. Watch out for dysentery.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: December 10, 2017, 06:53:13 am »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: December 10, 2017, 10:09:35 am »

Broke the pathfinding of an otherwise scripted ambush, by blocking the doorways with junk. Didn't even need the mines the game gives you at the point.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:52 pm »

I was heading to the docks for a bounty, when I saw a ship traveling right by the dock. I took my chance and jumped on. I had some trouble, but I killed everyone on board. And apparently my bounty was actually on the ship. It was a pretty big ship, bigger than anything I had taken before, so I sent it to my fleet.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:01:36 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 708