Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272935 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8235 on: December 11, 2017, 03:37:42 pm »

That's thoughtful of you to put a spoiler tag, but its broken.  Something like

Code: [Select]
[spoiler="actual spoiler"][/spoiler]
would do the trick.

Edit: Went Thrumbo hunting, some colonists were wounded (to an easily avoidable mistake, but hey live and learn).  Randy Random proceeded to send at me, in quick succession:
A heat wave
A poison ship full of mechanoids
The flu, affecting 7 colonists
A solar flare
A pack of 10 manhunting cougars
A convoy's medic getting the plague mid-journey (also as a result of this convoy, all my combat-trained animals were away from the colony)

Only casualties?  All of my crops and one character's left foot.  To deal with the cougars, I basically got everyone out of bed (sick people and civilians included), gave the civilians melee weapons and shotguns, and made a firing line.  Turns out miniguns and charge rifles are pretty good against animals.  The cougar meat solves the crop problem, and I should be able to trade my 3 new thrumbo horns for a kickass biotic leg.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:52:14 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: December 11, 2017, 03:57:51 pm »

I was heading to the docks for a bounty, when I saw a ship traveling right by the dock. I took my chance and jumped on. I had some trouble, but I killed everyone on board. And apparently my bounty was actually on the ship. It was a pretty big ship, bigger than anything I had taken before, so I sent it to my fleet.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kidd (click to show/hide)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:45 pm »

I liberalised the country, solo nightmare run + CCS starting out super strong.

God damn gun control is challenging to do without murdering people.

This time I didn't try to go to court to defend myself, which was probably wise given the 20+ counts of treason, 38 murders, 3 counts of terrorism and endless hacking.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: December 14, 2017, 10:21:47 pm »

I beat the game and got all three medals in under an hour and a half.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: December 15, 2017, 07:00:01 pm »

Somehow, I got Ground Strike! x9 a total of 16 times during the match. No, there is not 144 ground targets on the map, it was probably a calculation error. Still, I did kill all but a handful of the ground targets, clinching a very rapid win. My bomber was brought shot down by some moron who couldn't shoot right so he resorted to ramming - took out a wing, jerk. The Ground Strike! medals totaled up to over 4,000 lions, on top of the rest of the match winnings with a +75% booster.

I just so happened to equip newly unlocked bombs before the match.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: December 15, 2017, 09:45:51 pm »

Now if only 100%ing the game was easier, I could unlock Spider-Man...
100%ing the game was not easy, but it has been done.

THPS2 again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: December 18, 2017, 10:01:14 pm »

Got through

taking only armor damage, and killing one guy behind cover with a molotov. Lost my armor to a cop shooting at me, but I didn't take any damage further than that.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: December 19, 2017, 12:38:35 am »

Not really "owning" so much as taking advantage of my opponent's stupidity.

So I was was getting flooded with lands so my opponent built up a massive advantage on the board, had me dead to rights, all he had to do was attack and win. but then he pulled the stupidest move I've seen in awhile... he decided to toy with his food (or farm for daily quest stuff), in other words he just kept building up his board but didn't go in for the attack. this lasted for quite a few turns until I finally drew an aethersquall ancient critter which allowed me to clear the board and go in for the kill

I am reminded of the Aesop fable, Turtle and the Hare.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: December 19, 2017, 02:42:07 am »

Outstripped all other nations in research, soon it was X-Com units dropping all over the world decimating musketmen. From there it was just one city after another falling to rocket artillery and lightning assaults by tank units. The AI would give up halfway through each campaign, leaving just their capital city and offering every other city in exchange for peace.

A military, cultural, diplomatic (Gunboat Diplomacy combined with the hordes of troops marching across the world meant almost all city-states were allies) and scientific victory.

Civ 5: Brave New World

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: December 19, 2017, 03:07:17 am »

Was sort of an own, more of just funny. At the start of the game, I ambushed the enemy jungler at their red buff, taking it after killing them. Right before I popped out, for some reason, started singing It's Tricky in the all chat... I proceeded to do this before each gank and especially against the enemy jungler. It got to the point that any time I did it, even if I wasn't really coming, the enemy would run for it.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: December 19, 2017, 12:40:21 pm »

It's possible to type in chat to enemies? I thought riot removed it because "they are your mortal enemies and just want to distract you, hurr-durr".

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: December 19, 2017, 04:30:01 pm »

It's possible to type in chat to enemies? I thought riot removed it because "they are your mortal enemies and just want to distract you, hurr-durr".

Nope, it's been there long as I remember, just you can mute them etc. if they're being asshats. The majority of my friends list is actually enemies I got along well with and not allies.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: December 19, 2017, 05:32:31 pm »

How exactly? I can't find how to do this, and it seems no one else can either, since i don't see anyone writing to\from enemies.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: December 19, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »

[shift]+[enter] or /all there's a box you have to tick in the setting somewhere in game too.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: December 19, 2017, 05:48:43 pm »

I hammer'd down and died immediately on the last point of Volskaya. The hammer fell, enemies fell, and they were stunned.That's the important part. A few seconds later, D.VA swoops in with her ultimate, netting a Quintuple kill and ending the game with a bang.

TEAMWORK!

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 708