Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1271203 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8280 on: December 31, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »

If you decide to unhollow, it would be for the best if you installed DSCM and the PvP watchdog, if you're on PC. The former makes it actually possible to connect to other people, and the latter stops hackers ruining your game.
I have that installed myself, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work like it's supposed to. The program itself doesn't have an interface and just sits there among my background processes, mocking me. I can't see my nodes in-game with CTRL+1 either, and Wulf2K.ca is also down so I can't see if there's a solution there.

I didn't drop twenty bucks on you to play without messages, damn it. Work with me here, game!
Black lives matter.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: December 31, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »

Ornstein and Smough are now waiting at a bus stop in the next dimension.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: December 31, 2017, 10:25:28 pm »

I was given the challenge to avoid a strongman's hammer for a certain period of time, without a weapon of my own and loosely chained to the wall. Almost as soon as the timer began, I "headbut" him into the ceiling, stunning him and causing some heavy stone bricks to fall down, pinning him to the ground. For the remaining time of the challenge I laughed to his face as he was unable to move or attack.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: January 01, 2018, 04:53:08 am »

I think this is the biggest League of Unaligned Powers I've ever seen, and they've all accepted the lead of my bug-angel-ascended-robots.  I even accidentally triggered the Federation victory which I thought was disabled during Wars in Heaven, as it is during proper crises.  With this much of the galaxy behind me, even two ascended empires at the same time are getting kicked around like rusty tin cans, though it probably helps that I have the tech from eating a fallen empire already.

Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Yep, the War in Heaven was a pushover this time, and the League only kept growing after the war to encompass everyone I fought.  It'd be possible to finish off the last two fallen empires and unite the galaxy, but I think I'm going to just call it here.  And that's not just because I literally spent all night on it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:56:54 am by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: January 01, 2018, 08:51:41 am »

Finally managed to acquire a vehicle that can kill the Maus in the test drive map(M3 Scott tank destroyer). Granted, I still have to drive up to point blank and hope I can jam a shell into the turret gap, but that's still an improvement over not being able to touch it at all.

Actually had a good run in battle. Got a few kills and assists with my Stuart ambushing enemies as they came around the corner. Somehow my M8 survived several enemies pounding on it, being reduced to two crew(with replenishment) and heavy damage, but surviving until the end of the match.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:03 pm »

Accidentally went into a game with Zyra Support masteries and summs, when I was playing jungle yi. Ended the game as the most fed tank yi with an S+.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: January 02, 2018, 12:14:33 am »

Did you tell your teammates that build gives you a 87% winrate and they should try it?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:35 am »

An elephant showed up at my base. Actually, it followed me home from one of the NPC camps that's literally just a few steps away(good source of slaves and loot). Tried to bring it towards my recently-built archer tower, but none of the archers wanted to shoot at it. This might have been due to line-of-sight issues, since they do have fences as cover, but there was another archer on a rock that  had no such issue.

Then one of my melee thralls from across the base runs up and start smacking the elephant with his mace. This divides the elephant's attention between me and him while I stabbed it in the ass with my spear.

Aside from a few dozen pieces of thick leather, I also cut some exotic meat, spiced it, and gave a piece to the melee thrall as a reward. Granted it's just gonna rot in his inventory.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: January 05, 2018, 01:06:28 pm »

MACE SLAVE. EAT WELL!!!

*spiced jerky hits slave in face*

*holds it confusedly for days*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: January 05, 2018, 01:38:10 pm »

Invaded the world of some shitty guy in Lothric Castle who was wearing the Fallen Knight set in the Way of Blue covenant. After a few minutes of running around randomly, I figured out that he was still in the beginning of the area waiting for me to come to him. When I arrived, a Blade of Darkmoon had already been summoned to defend him from me. I was no match for both of them at the same time, so I backed up a little bit to get closer to some of the Lothric knight enemies. Naturally, the host wasted no time in using a Seed to make them attack me as well, because apparently having actual good players to come and help you whenever you get invaded just isn't defense enough. After a moment of being on the defensive as I was attacked by several enemies as well as the two players, I was able to find an opening to kill the Darkmoon blade, who had already been weakened by the knights. The host retreated back into the beginning of the area yet again, and I followed him, slowly managing to chip at his health with running attacks. After he stopped running, I was able to poise through one of his attacks, hitting him with a good combo just as yet another darkmoon blade was summoned. The host healed himself while his Blade attempted to kill me, but it went the same as last time. The host resorted to his final strategy of running in circles around the area while I hit him with running attacks, sometimes making an effort to hit me to mix things up a little bit. ANOTHER blade of darkmoon was summoned, but he returned home immediately for some reason. ANOTHER blade of darkmoon was summoned after that, this time standing right next to me, but by now the host had already run out of estus and I combo'd him to death in front of the Blade's very eyes. For some reason, he continued to try to attack me even after the host died, so I applauded to him.

Dark Souls 3

How is it that whenever I invade people they get blue phantoms every 5 seconds but I still never get summoned as one?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: January 05, 2018, 01:46:00 pm »

MACE SLAVE. EAT WELL!!!

*spiced jerky hits slave in face*

*holds it confusedly for days*

its funny cuz i usually have to give kudos to my archer slaves; with those advanced bows and snake arrows they usually clear anything hostile long before i get there. if your archers aren't doing anything, remember that you have to give them an arrow (one arrow equals infinite ammo) and remember to drag it onto their bow to link them. did you also have the waist high wall pieces around them? they don't fire over them so well.

i bagged a t3 nordheimer warrior chick who i geared up with full steel and a hardened steel sword. she's kicking major ass so far. i turned up resource collection rates to x6 and i have a constant cycle of having to dry the wood to fuel the smelters to make the iron and steel, and i use the tar byproduct of making the wood and the leather to make steelfire. the only thing that's a slight pain to get is brimstone but you can mine that at a certain spot.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: January 05, 2018, 02:12:02 pm »

How is it that whenever I invade people they get blue phantoms every 5 seconds but I still never get summoned as one?

Over-saturation of blue phantoms and not enough hosts to summon them?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: January 05, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »

this has been a problem for years with this dang game ;v
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: January 05, 2018, 05:36:00 pm »

its funny cuz i usually have to give kudos to my archer slaves; with those advanced bows and snake arrows they usually clear anything hostile long before i get there. if your archers aren't doing anything, remember that you have to give them an arrow (one arrow equals infinite ammo) and remember to drag it onto their bow to link them. did you also have the waist high wall pieces around them? they don't fire over them so well.

Strictly speaking, it's just the bow with the linked arrow, you don't need the actual arrow in their inventory. You can attach the arrow to the bow, then just hand them the bow - one arrow can supply an army of archers infinitely. Gets even better when their missed shots are sometimes recoverable.

And yes, I do have the waist-high walls(called fences) on the towers. I have seen them fire over them, it's possible that the elephant was just too close to the tower. It's also possible they were firing, I just didn't see any of the shots.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: January 05, 2018, 08:41:50 pm »

Conan Exiles - After multiple attempts, we successfully navigated THE BLACK KEEP and defeated the boss at the end. The reward for this is the recipe for the best armor set in the game.

I'm pretty sure THE BLACK KEEP is the highest-end dungeon in the game right now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 708