Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274832 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8340 on: February 04, 2018, 10:18:00 am »

Nobody told me that ptolemaic Egypt is just freaking awesome. Basically you get a choice of any good medium tier unit in the game all at once. Considering I usually roll through most of my campaigns with just the medium tier units with a small support group of elite units, this is really a game breaker.

I have an army with fine archers, decent swordsman, phalanx units, good cavalry, camel cavalry, and elephants. Plus I can hire camel archers, armoured elephants, great phalanx or other infantry, cretan archers, and more with mercenaries. On top of that, my economy and food supply is absurd and I am feverishly breaking research with great libraries. I have 40000+ cash and 10k income, 40 surplus food and damn near 200% research speed.

Total War: Rome 2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:46 pm »

I'm on my second run, but I beat the Capra Demon on my first try this time around!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: February 04, 2018, 02:33:48 pm »

He was honestly kind of pathetic since I was prepared

The story of Dark Souls, or why I insist the series really isn't that hard :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: February 04, 2018, 05:12:17 pm »

It isn't, it's just unforgiving of mistakes and people who don't learn from them.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: February 04, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »

Set out on a journey to Bluemoon Tower, a structure, I discovered, that is visible from as far away as Cassardis. I had long wondered what it was. Neat.

The trip took a very roundabout route through a canyon with high-level bandits. Two unreachable archers were a particular danger; they'd cut a pawn down just as I got them on their feet. I had to carry the downed pawn into cover before reviving them.

This was followed by a section with powerful wind gusts that slow you to a crawl while sprinting, and push you back otherwise. I got through it by picking up an explosive barrel to weigh me down(also a neat discovery I didn't know about). Coming on a flock of snow harpies, I suddenly see a boulder stand up during the fight. But wait, boulders don't stand up... OH SH-

My first encounter with a golem. That was fun.

It was past sunset by the time I finally got the the tower; it was a pretty damned impressive structure despite its ruined state. It took more damage when the griffin attacked us and the redshirt knights we were supposed to be helping. Getting to its roost and finishing it off is perhaps one of the most awesome boss fights in the game. The loot was fantastic, including the portcrystal I put outside the tower to come back.

Returning to town, and picking up a few errands, including dealing with a supply problem at the northern fortification, I'm ambushed by another griffin. Seriously though I want one of these things as a pet somehow.

Took down my first drake(a lesser? dragon). This used up the entirety of my stock of healing items. Well, nearly so. Still have a few nuts, one or two harspud things, and a kept golden egg that I immediately dropped into storage first chance I got to make sure I never use it ever. I wasn't sure if I was going to win that.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:46:17 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: February 06, 2018, 09:33:00 am »

I rallied my men and we took cover in a stand of trees. 21 of us in all. 40 of them. Looters and marauders. We spread out using trees and small boulders as cover. I had just hired these volunteers and only one squad was trained to militia standards.

But through sheer luck, good positioning, and firepower, we won. We lost 6 guys but their sacrifice was not in vain.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:25 am »

Your story and game mention brought me to wishlist it. Rare to see 'realistic' games also acknowledge freely and distinctly the plan to add female soldiers (alongside the many other plans listed in the discussion boards). :D

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: February 06, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »

Oddly enough, I have a story from the same game.

There were sixteen of us: two squads of Veteran Mercenary Riflemen, one team of Snipers, and an MG crew. An FCA Rifleman unit was held in reserve. Our opponents were a group of Uman Terrorists and Bandits numbering nearly forty. They had hounded us and demanded nearly half our funds, and attacked when we refused to give in to their banditry.

Our deployment was within the combat area, which in my experience has provided the most exciting fights, as the AI tends to come at you from multiple directions more readily than otherwise. We lucked out with our deployment, being at the top of a hill with dense tree cover on one side and a sheer cliff overlooking a large valley and another cliff about level with us on the other. As combat began we came under fire almost immediately. This was my first ever engagement with the Uman Terrorists, so I did not know what to expect. The MG squad and one of the Rifleman units held off a squad of Redshirts (the Uman wear red) who came for the treeline while the other Rifleman unit watched one of the coverless sides of the hill and the Snipers oversaw the valley. There was a brief lull in the battle, then everything went insane.

Multiple squads of Uman troops appeared on the ridge opposite us and unleashed a barrage of fire. The color of their uniforms and their propensity for skylining themselves made them fairly easy targets, though the sheer volume of incoming fire was very overwhelming. While I maneuvered my troops to focus on the large force firing upon us, another large group appeared on the ridge and poured into the valley while what looked like a single squad tried to sneak around our flank and attack from our side. Fortunately I'd seen them moving in the distance, as they did not appear on the map, being too far from me and my dudes and not firing their weapons. Our line adjusted accordingly.

Once the first wave of Uman rushing into the valley was picked off we began firing very effectively onto the enemy ridgeline. As their losses began to pile up their squads began trying to probe our hill in desperation. The open ground between us proved to be their downfall, however, as Redshirt after Redshirt fell to our firepower. Ultimately the battle became a hunt as, with only three enemies left, my two Rifle Squads pincered the Uman position on the ridge.

The enemy was completely wiped out, and the New Conglomerate (<_< >_>) suffered only two losses.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: February 06, 2018, 04:56:25 pm »

i finally got a rpd-97 smg; so efficient, it feels like an assault rifle but uses the cheap 9mm mags.

i finally got my leadership and commanding up to 4 and i can lead 6 fireteams into combat now. 4 are merc vets, 1 is grenadier vets and we recently signed on some volunteers.

the bandit city is 73! strong but once we get our newbies up to snuff and get me some decent armor we will claim it.

it'll be our heaven and our hell. Outer Heaven. what better place for us than this?

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: February 06, 2018, 09:36:22 pm »

caught the Spider Council alive in Fallen London. it took several days spending actions in order to bring the hunting progress close to 20 while evading maxing wounds. only have modest challenge and a single action today but it ended in success.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: February 07, 2018, 01:17:07 am »

So I started playing Yume Nikki yesterday, a decision which is probably pretty bad for my mental state. I've currently got fifteen Effects, out of what I think is 24 of them[2 for each door in the hubby place]. Most importantly, the 13th Effect I got was the Bicycle, which lets me ACTUALLY GO FAST instead of plodding around on Madotsuki's insufferably slow feet. Mind you, I still can't find anything in the Forest or the Seizure Maze, but its been pretty good at facilitating exploration in the open areas. Combined with the Medamaude[Lets me recall back to the hub place without waking up], Knife[Lets me traumatize myself by shanking random people in my way] and the Stoplight[Makes those stupid bird jerks stop trying to trap me], I've managed to amass a pretty good exploration kit.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:10 pm »

Traded my KA13 in for a KA5. Although the KA5 has only 1 point of base damage above the KA13, everything else is a significant improvement. More than double the ammo capacity(rather important for this game) at 35 from 15. About double muzzle velocity as well, meaning less time to target and bullet drop. The first bullet I fired with this gun missed(maybe), second bullet dropped a bandit hiding in the woods about a kilometer away. Killed another five bandits during the battle(out of 18). Even the sight is easier to use.

Quite impressive. Hopefully the rest of the troops can keep up.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: February 07, 2018, 09:42:19 pm »

So I started playing Yume Nikki yesterday, a decision which is probably pretty bad for my mental state. I've currently got fifteen Effects, out of what I think is 24 of them[2 for each door in the hubby place]. Most importantly, the 13th Effect I got was the Bicycle, which lets me ACTUALLY GO FAST instead of plodding around on Madotsuki's insufferably slow feet. Mind you, I still can't find anything in the Forest or the Seizure Maze, but its been pretty good at facilitating exploration in the open areas. Combined with the Medamaude[Lets me recall back to the hub place without waking up], Knife[Lets me traumatize myself by shanking random people in my way] and the Stoplight[Makes those stupid bird jerks stop trying to trap me], I've managed to amass a pretty good exploration kit.

There was a bug involving the bike effect and the chair in your bedroom.  There was a way to scoot around in the office chair for basically no reason.  It's been a long time, but I believe you enter scoot mode, activate the bike, then leave the chair.  Somehow the bike speed and the speed you got back from leaving the chair stacked, allowing you to basically speed walk faster than riding the bike normally.  The bug ended if you used another effect, though.

They might have patched it for the steam release though.  I've actually been unconsciously avoiding yume nikki since I played it maybe six or more years ago.  It was really bizarre seeing become relevant again and just sort of popping onto steam and maybe getting some sort of HD remake.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: February 07, 2018, 10:07:12 pm »

I’m thinking I may need to invest in Freeman, but I don’t think my computer can handle it, at least not the recommended settings :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: February 08, 2018, 12:12:03 am »

There was a bug involving the bike effect and the chair in your bedroom.  There was a way to scoot around in the office chair for basically no reason.  It's been a long time, but I believe you enter scoot mode, activate the bike, then leave the chair.  Somehow the bike speed and the speed you got back from leaving the chair stacked, allowing you to basically speed walk faster than riding the bike normally.  The bug ended if you used another effect, though.

They might have patched it for the steam release though.  I've actually been unconsciously avoiding yume nikki since I played it maybe six or more years ago.  It was really bizarre seeing become relevant again and just sort of popping onto steam and maybe getting some sort of HD remake.

Yeah, I'm not using the Steam version. I think its kind of weird that I started to play right when the developer pops up again after ten years of silence. The bike+chair glitch sounds like something I might use for the truly miserable areas[Looking at you, Seizure Maze]. That said, I'll probably be taking a break for at least a week for the sake of my focus/sleep schedule/other projects. This game just sucks me in too much while being too effective at messing with my mind.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 708