Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274813 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8385 on: February 18, 2018, 07:10:23 am »

My Locust was shot up pretty quickly, partly because it's a map I've never played(Jungle).

My 75mm M3 GMC dies one of the most bullshit things I've ever seen: The tank I was trying to snipe fired first, the shot went through the sight gap in the armor plate on the front of the gun, didn't hit any of the crew, and impacted against the back of the truck bed. This somehow(the thing is basically sheet metal, not armor), caused fragmentation, with a third of it blowing backwards into the ammo storage. It might have been a composite round, I don't know if those can do that.

I rolled out my M3 Lee, that crazy tank with the large hull-mounted gun in addition to a decent turret. I ended up scoring five kills with that tank before going down, bringing me to a positive KDR(a little more important in a game with limited respawns). This includes a plane that tried to kamikaze me(I hate that), only I put a burst of machine gun fire into its cockpit just before it hit, giving me a kill. I backed up a few seconds later only to see the wrecked fuselage just inches in front of me.

Even with the kills from my Lee, when it was destroyed we were down to about 20% of our tickets left due to the enemy holding pretty much all the points the entire match. Then they managed to turn it around, and pushed all the points, taking them and holding out to just a few tickets left when the enemy ran out first and we won.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: February 19, 2018, 01:02:13 pm »

I was down to 3 life and had a Niblis of Frost (3/3 with prowess and tap target critter when an instant or sorcery is played and target does not untap for a turn), Tower Geist, and Cloudblazer (2/2 draw 2 cards and gain 2 life when it enters the field) on the board while my opponent had three token critters and a Wayward Disciple (2/3 whenever one of your critters dies opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life) going into his turn. With the effect of Wayward Disciple all he had to do was attack and he'd win regardless of whether I blocked or not... but I happened to have an Essence Flux (exile one of your creatures and return it to the board) card in my hand. On his turn he also played a Gisela, the Broken Blade (4/4 flyer with first strike and lifelink), a very powerful creature, and attacked with his three token creatures. I blocked all three and triggered Wayward Disciple's effect, but before it could resolve I flickered the Cloudblazer with Essence Flux to recover some life to keep me in the game and draw some cards. Essence Flux, because it was an instant, also triggered Niblis of Frost's effect and allowed me to tap Gisela... with the cards I drew I was able to keep Gisela tapped and control the board for the remainder of the match until I won. Stole victory, good times.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: February 19, 2018, 03:40:46 pm »

Playing a casual game with some friends. 2x2 game, my ally was mana starved and useless, and the heat was piling up on me.

I had 5 health left when one guy plays his Deep-sea Kraken (6/6, 2U with suspend 9).This creature was this guy's finisher; he always won the game with it, to the point of causing a small fit of panic on my ally when it came out.

Next turn I play a Ruin Processor (7/8 eldrazi processor with "When cast, put a card an opponent owns from exile into that player's graveyard and gain 5 life").
I'm not familiar with the Suspend mechanic, so I ask if anyone has anything on exile. This guy is all proud to announce that yes, his Kraken was in the exile because of the Suspend mechanic. I told him it goes to the graveyard and I even get some life back.

The room goes silent for a second, then he freak out saying "HE ABORTED MY KRAKEN!" and stuff.

We lost that game, but the shock of having such a creature sent to the graveyard, along with it's owner's protest, totally felt like a win.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: February 19, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »

Playing a casual game with some friends. 2x2 game, my ally was mana starved and useless, and the heat was piling up on me.

I had 5 health left when one guy plays his Deep-sea Kraken (6/6, 2U with suspend 9).This creature was this guy's finisher; he always won the game with it, to the point of causing a small fit of panic on my ally when it came out.

Next turn I play a Ruin Processor (7/8 eldrazi processor with "When cast, put a card an opponent owns from exile into that player's graveyard and gain 5 life").
I'm not familiar with the Suspend mechanic, so I ask if anyone has anything on exile. This guy is all proud to announce that yes, his Kraken was in the exile because of the Suspend mechanic. I told him it goes to the graveyard and I even get some life back.

The room goes silent for a second, then he freak out saying "HE ABORTED MY KRAKEN!" and stuff.

We lost that game, but the shock of having such a creature sent to the graveyard, along with it's owner's protest, totally felt like a win.

Haha!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: February 21, 2018, 10:09:06 am »

Playing on Oasis with myself (Soldier 76) and a friend (Roadhog), both of us relatively new to Overwatch. The details are vague, but we won the match and I managed to get a total elimination stat of 39. It’s my highest ever, by far.
Black lives matter.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: February 21, 2018, 01:54:08 pm »

I had a sex with a lizard.

I am not familiar with this game. Why exactly is having sex with a lizard an *own*?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: February 21, 2018, 02:40:04 pm »

Because... have you seen lizards?
Black lives matter.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: February 21, 2018, 02:48:30 pm »

I am not familiar with this game. Why exactly is having sex with a lizard an *own*?

Because it's more exotic than average human-on-human sex?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: February 21, 2018, 03:03:26 pm »

Besides, those Argonian maids are very lusty.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: February 21, 2018, 07:30:11 pm »

Had to scale back an hour or so of getting run over by the enemy due to a corrupt save - it had occurred to me to use a different save file for just that very save that got corrupted.

So, I put in place early the plan I was going to use to save my empire from getting its ass kicked, now BEFORE that getting-ass-kicked started. Said plan was to stop playing around with groups of of scale 24-40 ships, and start manufacturing a scale 1024 battleship with several scale 0.25(therefore effective scale 256) plasma throwers. While I'm not really sure why enemy ships a tenth of the size but a significant tech deficit had more than a tenth of the HP of the battleship, but their shields were quite small, <250k versus the >8 million shield points mine had. While a militarized planet with 5 or 6 planetary cannons had a fair shot at dropping one of theirs in a salvo, their planets had more guns that my battleship(sent alone) laughed at as it bounced off the shields, then it bathed hundreds of millions of people in plasma.

Just building the first one changed me from being last in military to 3rd. I've since taken 2nd in military, partly from building tens of thousands of scale 1 fighters meant to stay docked on planets until attacked. The two empires that were at war with me have both offered peace - deals that included vision, research points, and loot with NO demands. Meaning, they've basically surrendered and said "plz don't kill us".

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: February 21, 2018, 08:29:21 pm »

Aim for a trick shot where my hoverball will use a black hole's attraction to curve towards an enemy. Fire. Goes the exact opposite direction. I get sad. Stops falling in mid-air, falls again, hits bouncer, heads the correct direction, stops falling in mid-air again(normally it only does it once), starts again, directly hits the foe I was aiming for.

Like, totally the ultimate trick shot.

ShellShock Live.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: February 23, 2018, 01:44:31 pm »

Because it's more exotic than average human-on-human sex?

The Red Prince is the lizard in question, and when you first meet him he congenially offers you the honor of being his slave, provided you can cook and clean, of course.

Scoring with him is an own in terms of perceived romantic prowess.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: February 24, 2018, 10:30:18 am »

Valencia, a coastal county in southeastern Spain, the most developed county in Europe short of Constantinople, was the last county in Europe to contract the deadly Plague. By the time that it entered it was receding and waning out, spreading only in the farthest reaches of the steppes.
When my ruler contracted it with the gates closed, I considered it a bad sign.
He got better though, two weeks later.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:36:43 am by Lukewarm »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: February 25, 2018, 11:54:48 am »

Killed a Xeno'jiva with a rock.

Monster Hunter World.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: February 25, 2018, 12:57:09 pm »

Killed a Xeno'jiva with a rock.

Monster Hunter World.

You reminded me of an own.

I got Decimus to day 198 and he finally was strong and fast enough to beat a duel with just full armor and a pair of rocks used like cestus. Enemy was the one gladiator with the small shield and tracian dagger. Felt like a bad motherfucker after that.

Colosseum: Road to Freedom
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 708