Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274764 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8400 on: February 25, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »

Medieval Era, get smacked around by the Huns and lose a city due to it being on another continent so I couldn't easily reinforce.

Fast forward to the late-Industrial / early-Modern era, he's still got late medieval tech. It was kinda pathetic. He went from six-seven cities to none (I'd actually gotten peace with him having one small city left but Greece took that shortly after), and I went from three cities on an isolated island to a major power on the mainland.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: February 25, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »

Won my first game of Battle Royale yesterday, only in the squad mode but oh well.
I also kinda got the hang of building stuff at last, and actually saw people building things other than ramps into the sky, haha. The sight of an enemy fort just popping up on the next hill whilst you and your comrades take pot-shots at them from yours is hilarious. :))

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: March 01, 2018, 09:44:01 am »

Took out the Time-Eater with a 174 damage heavy blade strike. Incidentally, I do lift.

Slay the Spire. (My first win, with an exceptionally light deck)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: March 01, 2018, 10:30:40 am »

When you can recruit 1 gold chevron Spartan hoplites, garrison armies become less armies and more minor speed bumps that are barely noticeable. I fought a full Odrysian army + garrison and the result was a lot of dead Thracians. It helps I'm recruiting Cretan 'Best Archers in the Game' mercenaries for ranged support and Campanian 'Hardcore melee cavalry that sometimes throws javelins' Cavalry. To wit, an indomitable force of Spartans with extreme experience backed by perfect archers and BOSS cavalry with ballista support.

Nice Republic you have there. Be a shame if something... Happened to it.

TWR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: March 01, 2018, 05:37:55 pm »

Mega Glalie was kicking my ass, so I went to the Expert Mode stages. Expert Mode is different from standard in that instead of a set number of moves, you have a limited amount of time instead. Beat Lucario's 2-minute stage with 4 seconds left. Final catch chance: 7%. It caught. And I already had the Lucarionite unlocked. Mega Glalie wasn't so tough then. Actually it kinda was, but I still won.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: March 01, 2018, 06:25:37 pm »

Snecko eye is damn fun. It randomizes the costs of the cards in your hand to somewhere in the range of [0,3], which is terrible if you're running low cost cards, but amazing if you're running heavy cards. I picked it up as my first boss relic and promptly through my careful strategy of a wall of flame/thorns deck to the wind and just opted to pick up basically any card with a cost greater than or equal to 2, with a few special mentions I kept an eye out for; dual wielding chief among them.

Dual wielding is a lovely card that gives you a copy (two copies when upgraded) of any attack or power card in your hand. The fun thing about it, is it copies the card at its current cost, not its actual cost. So, running snecko eye, you can get some crazy combos. Bludgeon, for instance, is normally a massive damage card that costs three, so snecko eye gives it a 75% chance to come into play at reduced cost. If you're lucky and it comes into play at cost 0, and you have a dual wield that you can cast, that gives you three massive damage cards that you can cast basically at the cost of the dual wield.

Took some damage, and the run could easily have ended with one stroke of bad luck, but I scored my second win on the final boss. Snecko eye is wacky fun.

Slay the Spire, again.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:32 am »

When you can recruit 1 gold chevron Spartan hoplites, garrison armies become less armies and more minor speed bumps that are barely noticeable. I fought a full Odrysian army + garrison and the result was a lot of dead Thracians. It helps I'm recruiting Cretan 'Best Archers in the Game' mercenaries for ranged support and Campanian 'Hardcore melee cavalry that sometimes throws javelins' Cavalry. To wit, an indomitable force of Spartans with extreme experience backed by perfect archers and BOSS cavalry with ballista support.

Nice Republic you have there. Be a shame if something... Happened to it.

TWR2

Well that escalated quickly. I fought 2.5k Odrysians in what I expected to be a climactic final battle and they savaged my hoplites with their badass peltasts, then destroyed the survivors with falxmen. I dealt them serious casualties in the battle though and they attacked Antheia expecting their still medium strength army to triumph effortlessly.

I violated their army with only moderate casualties but the fleet of reinforcements arrived. I backed into a corner and somehow weathered the final assault and they retreated, reeling from the vicious battle.

Now we're both rebuilding because that was all they had and my other armies are in Rome or garrisoned in Hieraptyna and Appollonia.

I've made significant gains against Rome, though their armies keep fleeing my advance. All their might is condensing while mine spreads thin. All while I verge on civil war.

My only advantage is that they have no idea who they're fucking with.

TWR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: March 02, 2018, 05:40:16 pm »

I've beaten my roommate in Civ 6 eight times in a row now.   8) 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: March 02, 2018, 06:22:26 pm »

I accidentally got an achievement for eating Donu, a donut shaped statue and one of the final bosses, with feed.

Incidentally, I also had a very weird build that involved getting a searing blow +7 (also got a +2 by cloning it with an event), and getting up to 138 health with feed.  I also removed every single defend card from my deck; my only non-attack cards were one each of metalicize (+3 armor at the end of every turn) and shockwave, which allowed me to use clash cards (can only play if you have no non-attacks in your hand, but they're free).  I had relics that give me +1 energy and +10 armor on the first turn, +6 armor at the end of my turn if I have none, and +1 energy but I can only play 6 cards.  Oh and I have headbutts to constantly toss my searing blow to the top of my draw pile.  So to summarize, I always have 9 armor without needing to play defense cards, I get to play most of my hand every turn and its all attacks, I take forever to die, and I can do 56 damage every other turn.  I killed the two final enemies in 6 turns, 3 each.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: March 03, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »

It took like twenty tries, but I found where Charles Lee is, getting every optional objective along the way: not pushing anybody out of the way, never getting more than 50 meters behind, and not taking any damage.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: March 04, 2018, 10:56:12 am »

The game is completed. One of the very best games I've played!

Spoiler: And the game is... (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: March 05, 2018, 03:31:41 am »

Spoiler: And the game is... (click to show/hide)
It's a mastapeece.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: March 05, 2018, 01:01:10 pm »

For years this mission has tormented me, unable to achieve all three objectives to obtain the gold medal. I can connect Vienna and Istanbul, because that's the only one you absolutely fail on, but achieving personal wealth of $15m and an average express (only passengers and mail) speed of 30mph was never something I could achieve simultaneously...

Until now.

Fuck you, Orient Express, I'm going to Argentina.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: March 05, 2018, 09:34:55 pm »

Kind of a multiple own.

First and foremost, I think I finally get how to play Hearts of Iron 4, and without any youtube tutorials! Further, I managed to defeat the civil war (backing Trotsky) in the Soviet Union, managed to flip France into the French Commune and the USA is set to become communist (the communists have over 50% support) in 1940. Republican Spain is slowly turning the tide against Franco, though it was very close at times.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: March 06, 2018, 05:56:22 am »

I was in a small cave when I got a motherfucking Deathclaw dropped on me.

Fortunately I had MANY drugs and a modded out combat shotgun.

Fallout 4
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 708