Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275445 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8505 on: April 05, 2018, 01:50:27 pm »

he's just kiting them really well.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: April 05, 2018, 10:44:12 pm »

Been having a string of good games with the fill tool slosher paint bucket.  Its got decent enough coverage and I'm able to hit people on the high ground.  Oddly, I never see anyone else using a bucket, and I've never seen an umbrella.  The paint rollers are very common though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:01 pm »

Been having a string of good games with the fill tool slosher paint bucket.  Its got decent enough coverage and I'm able to hit people on the high ground.  Oddly, I never see anyone else using a bucket, and I've never seen an umbrella.  The paint rollers are very common though.

This is your chance to really make a mark on something! To shape a game's meta!

Granted, it'll probably take several dozen dozen other people using the paint bucket to really make it a part of the game's meta, but still.

Also, I know literally nothing about Splatoon, so the most I can do is shout words of encouragement :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: April 06, 2018, 04:39:28 am »

Ragequit a game, largely because someone shot me through a wall. And for some reason, the killcam starts midflight instead of shot origin if it's a Russian tank shot from dense cover.

I log in the next morning to find I earned a battle trophy with 10,000 Silver Lions in it, plus a +150% booster for the daily login.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: April 06, 2018, 12:27:10 pm »

This is your fault Akura

So I tried World of Warplanes, and shoved myself into a tier V fighter (the USSR Mig), tried playing at a local computer shop because unbearable lag + horrible internet equals a normal life for me (thanks expensive ISP T_T), and the smooth performance and actual opportunity to play gives me the ability to actualy perform well. Scored 14k personal points in said fighter, fought off a whole team plus players (thank you high altitude dive-fighting), and I was able to see the scenery being beautiful.

In stark contrast, I'm partially happy there is no karma system here (only in this context)--I can't lose my hard-earned karma due to people thinking I'm "AFK" or whatever when I'm sitting there, ready to play, and bleeding myself out seeing everything move on the mission/tab screen while the internet connection wholly outside of my control acts like rubbish. In all other contexts, pretty happy about the karma system in World of Warships.

I just wish I stopped losing points for obtuse and useless actions fully out of my control. Really, really hurts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8510 on: April 06, 2018, 02:39:48 pm »

Yeah there are similar issues with fighting games, which have struggled with a solution to the problem of how to handle disconnects (accidental or intended) for a long time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »

Epic sword fight against MetaMechaknight. Unusually, it's one of the few times in the series the sword is not required for this duel.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to use it. That's just insulting to the poor guy.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: April 07, 2018, 07:25:57 pm »

HoI4 protip: Paradropping into Japan is at least 2 times easier if every last Japanese divisions is dead in Siberia. At least 2 times easier.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: April 09, 2018, 01:02:11 pm »

Killed a boss crocodile in CONAN EXILES in the new testlive content.

Proceeded to turn it's home into a rad castle.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: April 09, 2018, 07:33:21 pm »

Had a pretty good series of matches. My M10 got a lot of kills. Learning to lead on a moving target properly helps a lot. First round of the session, I ranked 1st in the team, during which I popped several vehicles through a wooden boxcar using only friendly spotting - note that during this match I didn't even pull my M10 until the very end where it didn't get much chance to engage, I used only my M4A1.

EDIT: Survived my first Blood Moon. Minimal base damage, but pretty weak loot. I don't know why people say these events are a loot haul.

Took the most damage including an infection(had antibiotics) from a few Spider Zombies, my first encounter with them. Most of the night was spent sitting on top of my house(4 walls, no ceiling yet), and bonking zombies that came near with my club.

As I left my cabin in the early morning hours(after the event stopped) to shovel the remaining bodies, I'm nearly trampled by a random horde of probably more zombies than had spawned throughout the night. Luckily, only one or two left the zombie morning jogger party to chase me, though several strippers somehow got into a spike pit.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 07:23:42 pm by Akura »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: April 13, 2018, 11:51:56 pm »

Accidental ownage, but ownage nonetheless: I'm new to the game, so I was thinking of practicing by playing an Irish duke and unifying the island nation. 50 years in, I decide to go on a little crusade, again for practice, and get about 40% participation just from sieging holdings. War ends, and, well, I accidentally the entire kingdom of Andalusia. I wanted to be the king of Ireland, but eh, this works too.

Crusader Kings 2
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: April 14, 2018, 01:13:50 am »

I yelled at some lame pirates who couldn't blow up my 500k isk completely unfitted industrial hauler with a battleship.

EVE Online.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: April 14, 2018, 04:34:36 am »

Declared independence. Since I didn't want to take on $10,000 of national debt(not crippling, but not a small sum either), the Crown decided to send its army.

Two squads of expeditionary marines met my two squads, one the Palace guards and the other of Colonial Infantry from the nearby fort. Wiped out the imperialist troops without a single casualty. Ironically, I had pretty swell relations with the Allies after the revolution, due to running a secular police state where only the wealthy may vote.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: April 15, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »

Successfully defended a supporter's FOB from an intruder.

Granted, the intruder killed me a few times, and seemed to have stolen some of the resource containers on the outside platforms, but I still stopped him in the end.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: April 15, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

Am in the Ramparts, I overshoot a jump and go off the side of one of the towers. Desperate, I roll towards the tower in vain attempt to get back atop it. Alas, I'm too far down to do so... except turns out there was a secret room that opened to that very side of the tower, and my roll landed me perfectly there. I don't even.

Dead Cells
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 708