Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275498 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8550 on: April 27, 2018, 02:04:59 pm »

Third Age Mod is still best mod.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: April 27, 2018, 02:10:48 pm »

Only with the Divide and Conquer submod. Base TA:TW doesn't hold a candle to DAC.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: April 27, 2018, 02:12:37 pm »

And it is, because this one was left a little bit unfinished.  :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: April 29, 2018, 03:58:01 pm »

Held the line at the final assault, just Daddy, daughter, 4 mini-turrets, and another Daddy from the other side that we sorta just mind-controlled into shotgunning his own troops. He died at the end when we completely destroyed the place, so it's kinda awkward to talk about.

There was enough fire being thrown around that the enemy didn't even get any real hits in until multiple Brutes showed up and the turrets self-destructed. Also learned in an earlier fight that with Telekinesis 3 you can hold an enemy in front of you, and drill them in the face at very little EVE cost.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: April 29, 2018, 07:41:45 pm »

I remember going full melee in BS2, and indeed the TK/drill was a favorite of mine.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: April 30, 2018, 02:30:53 pm »

Was walking through the desert, picking up some much-needed aloe to expand my existing garden with, when I see a pack of zombie dogs in the distance coming straight for me. I knock a couple down with a misshapen block of wood wrapped in barbed wire, but I'm being torn apart. Low health, bleeding, and infected, I run.

Found a wrecked car and climbed on top hoping the dogs couldn't. They couldn't. Using a first aid kit to regain some health and stop the bleeding, and tried to shoot at the dogs with my bow. Surely they couldn't chew through a metal car frame that fast, could they? ...They could. Either that, or there was some kind of invisible zombie somewhere that had a rocket launcher, because THE DAMN THING EXPLODED. Apparently car frames are highly explosive, who knew.

This goes in this thread because I somehow survived a car exploding right under me, which left a crater in the road a couple meters deep. Most of the dogs did not, and the rest got my club to the face.

EDIT: Was preparing for the imminent Blood Moon when I hear smashing sounds coming from the front door of my base(note: I've blocked off the front door with spikes, I use the fortified and spike-corridor-ed side entrance). Crap, just what I need, a pre-horde horde. I run around to the front and it's double-crap, all but two of the zombies were soldier zombies, the other two being a nurse and crawler. By then, all of them but the crawler(which hardly makes a difference) had lost their legs to the spikes. Two of them had made it through the outer layer and died impaled on the spikes blocking the front door.

After cracking their skulls, it took several trips to bring all the loot back inside. Among the haul was several gun parts, a complete and undamaged SMG(though of 100-quality, which is rather low), a good quality military helmet, some rockets, and some military fiber. One of the zombies that died on the front porch spikes had  nightvision goggles and three feathers on him, so apparently my spike traps took down a zombie Assassin.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:31:41 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:35 am »

Only with the Divide and Conquer submod. Base TA:TW doesn't hold a candle to DAC.
I know it's not a proper place to ask, but question for anyone who got to Sauron in campaign (preferrably in MOS) - how much bodyguards he appears to have on strategic map? 3? 6? 9? 77?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:11 pm »

I am pretty decent at designing things.

I "won" Opus Magnum.  *technically* solution spoilers, except not really, because the strategy is simple.  The execution was only a feat in that many simple processes were synced together in a simple strategy...  at the right times.
along with some naughty optimization~  Atoms passing over tracks which carried arms.

Arms...  Heh.  Hal Emmerich sim, but not really.
Opus Magnum

And I arranged my casks quite reasonably, not to mention my shed of kegs.
Not by any guide, no, I chose my own suboptimal but more easily navigated layout.
story of my life?  Nah, I'm giddy.
Stardew Valley
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: May 04, 2018, 05:46:13 pm »

Finally, after losing two back-to-back runs on the final boss (one to poor planning, one to poor decision-making plus a really annoying mechanic), I have notched up a Nightmare/Roguelike win. Sadly, I couldn't save the Paladin; she was shot to death by multiple archers just before I downed the final boss, and she might've lived if I hadn't dropped a heal on her while she was ice blocked, but c'est la vie. The highlight of the fight was undoubtedly me falling to -180 health, triggering Heartstart with both movement infusions and , and at the last moment remembering I could use Kinetic Surge to dash myself away, so long as I turned off the auto-melee assist (which otherwise would've auto-targeted the boss), and ultimately getting a heal off cooldown on the same turn Heartstart wore off, leaving me dead to any damage source.

Other than that little mistake of "nearly dying", and sacrificing 75% of Aeryn's health to close two portals, though, the fight went swimmingly. My nearly-immortal Mindslayer proved reasonably durable and remarkably damaging, able to chunk down ~5% of each bosses' health each turn. Could definitely have refined the build, but it worked decently all things considered.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: May 05, 2018, 11:36:57 pm »

>KILL DRAGON

With what, your bare hands?

>YES

Congratulations! You have just vanquished a dragon with your bare hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: May 05, 2018, 11:45:19 pm »

The alchemy-enchantment combo surely would have been patched out by now if it were considered a glitch.  I can't help but see it as a love letter to Morrowind, heh.
Though Morrowind had the nice bonus that punching always put people unconscious, not dead, heh.  (unless they were already unconscious...)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: May 05, 2018, 11:53:28 pm »

So, I was doing some quickplay matches together with 2 friends. Map was Hollywood and we were on the attacking team, the payload ended up in a stalemate at the last turn (just before it goes up the ramp and back into the open again) and despite trying our best we didn't manage to push it further forward. Our Ana (one of the randoms on our team) hit me with her nanoboost by accident, so I did what any reasonable Mercy would do; I activated my Valk and attack helicoptered into the enemy team. Actually ended up killing their Hanzo, their McCree and punching their Ana to death before Valk wore off and I had to zip back behind our Orisa. That gave us enough breathing room to move the payload around the turn and almost out the gate.
Sadly neither PotG nor personal highlight (and I keep forgetting that the manual recording exists), those two were both the same situation that happened a minute later, which was basically just me rezzing our Orisa, that was dead on the PL, and her going dakka for a few seconds. Just from different perspectives (PotG from hers, personal Highlight from mine)

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: May 07, 2018, 02:48:16 pm »

Discovered that wasteland terrain is the best for getting iron. Hundreds of little piles of metal, one hit from my pickaxe converts into 19 iron. Also good for concrete, as the base terrain yields sand and stone. While going around under cover of darkness with my NVGs, I see a weird moving glow at the top of a hill. The shape of it looks like a Disturbed Tourist, a particularly large zombie with a lot of health, but that doesn't explain why it's glowing on my NVGs.

Turns out it was a Zombie Police Officer. I hadn't encountered one before, but there were in fact two of them in the area. Tried going around only to find a zombie bear in the middle of the road(yeahhellNO). I figured I could kill one of the zombie cops. Took a few shots, but I landed a stealth critical headshot, and he started to run in circles. Apparently his circle-running was actually digging into the ground, cartoon-style. Very carefully, I managed to put enough arrows into it to drop it for good. Looted a decent-quality shotgun and some shells from it.

Some while later, I saw a wandering horde coming right at me. I just stood there and smacked each on on the head as they came up.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: May 08, 2018, 03:55:25 pm »

I took one of my tiny 20 ton piranhas and squeezed 6 ER medium lasers into it.  This only leaves room for like three heat sinks, so shooting my laser battery means getting about 75% heat.  But I get to run around at 140 kph so that's something.

On this build's maiden mission, I actually did surprisingly well.  I hid behind my team, but got hit by an early arty strike on our team's first peek.  So for basically the whole match I had no armor.  But it was fun sneaking my tiny little mech in to deliver 42 damage shoop-da-whoops and going rather unnoticed.  I managed to somehow be the last mech alive, but since it was basically a king-of-the-hill gamemode i was forced to fight the last two enemies.  My build was too slow firing and they weren't weak enough for my alpha to outright finish them all.  But I ended with about 350 damage dealt, a few kills, and a kill most damage dealt.

Later I threw a bunch of general xp and c-bills into the mech's skill tree, all of the heat skills.  Now the mech can cool off a little faster and the lasers only cook me to around 56%.  What a dumb build that just shouldn't work out.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: May 09, 2018, 02:28:36 pm »

Fought a guy who used Goku Black and a couple of other overused characters, I can't remember which. Like pretty much every other Goku Black main in existence, he refused to do anything except try really hard to spam the fuck out of his fullscreen command grab (where he locks you in place and shoots you with a kamehameha) while turtling like crazy and mashing down-heavy attacks (universal launchers) whenever I got close. After I figured out that he was not going to do anything else, it was incredibly easy to beat him, but naturally he ragequit immediately as he lost.

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 708