Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275522 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8565 on: May 10, 2018, 12:11:28 am »

Spoiler: Self Explanatory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: May 11, 2018, 07:45:38 pm »

I guess I finally learned how to parry against Monsoon. To the point I got the "Whatever Doesn't Kill You..." achievement, which requires 10 parries in a row within a 1 minute time frame.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: May 11, 2018, 09:09:30 pm »

I’m not sure I really learned how to parry in that game, despite managing to finish it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:08 pm »

I’m not sure I really learned how to parry in that game, despite managing to finish it.
I'm pretty sure I didn't learn how to do it properly until after Mistral. The tutorial for parrying is seriously awful, especially for an otherwise really good game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: May 11, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »

I honestly have no idea how anyone got past Bladewolf without gitting gud learning to parry. That was certainly the cutoff for me.
And of course the final boss forces you to learn to dodge, which the game does an even worse job of teaching you. :P
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: May 11, 2018, 09:38:53 pm »

I honestly have no idea how anyone got past Bladewolf without gitting gud learning to parry. That was certainly the cutoff for me.
And of course the final boss forces you to learn to dodge, which the game does an even worse job of teaching you. :P
I'm pretty sure I died to bladewolf like 50 times before I beat him through sheer luck. I didn't actually keep track but I distinctly remember him killing me way more than every other boss in the game by a huge margin. I'm pretty good at the game by now, since I've beaten it many times, but I'm pretty sure I started out as the worst player in existence.

Also, the fact that you need to dodge Armstrong's attacks is total bullshit. He has this one attack where he charges up and releases a huge unblockable shockwave, and if you hit him while he's doing it, your sword will bounce off him, which basically guarantees that you won't have time to avoid it. This is total crap because when you dodge in MGR Raiden automatically attacks while he's doing it, meaning that you just have to hope that

A) Armstrong doesn't start charging his shockwave EXACTLY as you're about to hit him
B) You have enough time to stop attacking, turn around, run away, and hopefully get far enough away to not get hit and lose a ton of health

...generally, the first two parts of his fight aren't even really hard, unless you play on Revengeance in which case they're a fucking nightmare. ESPECIALLY the second part, which I think gave me some milder variety of PTSD. In the second part, you have to fight him barehanded, which actually makes dodging his bullshit super-armor shockwave easy, since Raiden's barehanded dodge doesn't include an attack, and I'm pretty sure your attacks never bounce. However, even so, it still manages to be far and beyond the worst part of the Revengeance run because of the unreasonably long time that you are required to survive his attacks along with the fact that blocking his attacks while barehanded still does like 40% damage in chip damage.

A small part of me wants to do another Revengeance run but I'm dreading going through that again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: May 11, 2018, 09:46:36 pm »

Huh. I don't remember ever deflecting while trying to dodge.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:15 pm »

Last month I made top 100 North America in Hearthstone. 65% win rate.

Then I dropped the mic (uninstalled the game).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: May 11, 2018, 10:17:15 pm »

Well at least you did one thing right.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: May 12, 2018, 01:23:42 am »

World of Warplanes

One of the very extremely few games I can actually play with reliable multiplayer >_>
I'm loving the Mig-3, due to it being purely one weapon specialty, and it being a tier 5 plane--just on the cusp of the mid-tier fighters! Pretty happy I got what seems to be a rare medal (it's all shiny and gilded!), that meant "Destroy 10 aerial targets in a single life; the targets must include all 5 plane types" meaning high-rise bombers, fast heavy fighters, common fighters and multi-role fighter/bombers, and ground attack aircraft. I had no idea these medals existed (really nice to see historical lore added in).

Woo! :D
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)
My only grump is that my name was taken so I went with a secondary name. Grump grump. <_<

Yeah there are similar issues with fighting games, which have struggled with a solution to the problem of how to handle disconnects (accidental or intended) for a long time.
Have I mentioned I appreciate all y'all do and the nice posts like these? Because I do; thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:03:08 am by Tiruin »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: May 12, 2018, 04:32:53 am »

Just wondering - can you talk with other team in World of Warplanes? In World of Tanks ("dead" game, yeah, but still...) this luxury was disabled. Did they disabled it also in their other games?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: May 12, 2018, 08:12:14 am »

Just wondering - can you talk with other team in World of Warplanes? In World of Tanks ("dead" game, yeah, but still...) this luxury was disabled. Did they disabled it also in their other games?
I've poked in all 3 games (Warplanes, Tanks, Warships), and in Warplanes, the messages aren't...well, unlike Tanks and Warships, Warplanes has a temporary-like chatlog. Warships can have you chitter-chattering (I'm really guilty of that x.x) and making nice talk with each other, Tanks is...I'm not sure since I just poked around purely because I heard you can have female crew members but it's not temporary.
But you can talk to the other team in all games, just press tab! Shifting between team to all!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: May 12, 2018, 11:30:43 am »

IIRC everything before Monsoon can be beat with jumping and rations.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: May 12, 2018, 12:23:08 pm »

My experience with Bladewolf echo'd Egan's.  I got killed close to a dozen times until I properly understood blocking/countering.  The game really doesn't explain it well, particularly when it's kinda unintuitive (attack towards the enemy - but at just the right time, holding the stick towards them?  IIRC)

The rest of the bosses weren't nearly so tough.  Sundowner got me a few times due to needing precision cuts on the shield, though.  That same mechanic killed me *many* times in one of the last stages of Anderson, which kinda sucked honestly...  Having to work my way back up retry a quirky mechanic I hadn't really needed.  It was *so* much easier with a controller than mouse, BTW.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: May 12, 2018, 03:10:40 pm »

Did the Red Dawn HQ mission in X-COM Files mod for X-COM: UFO Defence.

Enemies killed:                           66
Corpsed recovered:                    35
Enemies surendered:                  11

The worst wounded agent on my side had half health after a Red OPS soldier point blank shot him with a minigun. Choosing armor acording to mission is a good idea.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 708