Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274485 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8595 on: May 14, 2018, 05:21:59 pm »

The final boss was significantly harder that I expected, but I pulled through. The 2-minute cooldown on the Mulligan item is painful; at one point I was down to one agent at critical health, hiding from an AI K-Pop Idol and her transhumanist cyborg husband while waiting to be able to revive again, then I came out guns blazing. Repeated shotgun blasts to the face works on everything it seems. This is one of the very few times in the game I actually had to rely on Mulligans(along with the mission previous). The last portion of the fight was significantly easier, even though it's against the main villain after he's obtained full-on reality warping powers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Spoiler: Welp, this happened (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:59:40 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: May 20, 2018, 02:09:09 pm »

Munkat-1 did a flyby of Mun and got us enough sciences, but Munkat-2 lacked few crucial components, so I decided to try one more time before calling it a break.

Aaaand...

Spoiler: Munkat-3 was here! (click to show/hide)

Now that I learned how to do it, getting to and landing on Mun feels ridiculously easy.

Next step - manned missions ending with return to Kerbin!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: May 22, 2018, 12:37:03 pm »

I saw an enemy tank. I fired my bazooka at it. It exploded. Along with the two other tanks next to it. Of course, one of those was my own tank, so the awesomeness is kind of diluted.

Ravenfield.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: May 22, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »

Spent a couple of days mining copper not far from town. Nearly died to random attacks twice. One guy who attacked me was later torn apart by a pack of bonedogs; I later found the same bonedogs playing fetch with his severed arm. The other attacker was ganked in the town bar by the city's guard ninjas and hauled off somewhere.

Used the money to purchase a ramshackle shack, then sunk more money into materials to rebuild it. May not seem like much, but dammit, I have my own house now.

Managed to complete the entire game in under 1 hour(total time was 52 minutes), for which there is an achievement for. Even picked up two secret items during the run; one that doubles XP gains - very good for speedrunning since it cuts down on grinding(too bad its only available about halfway through), and one that lets you kill very specific enemies that otherwise instakill you(there's a few of these guys in the end-game you have to otherwise dodge; others guard the secret items).

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:49:19 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: May 24, 2018, 02:55:09 pm »

I shot a full health hovering mosquito with an archer.  The pilot immediately panicked and juked right into the side of the tech plant and exploded, the game gave me the kill.

Planetside 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: May 24, 2018, 04:58:14 pm »

I shot a full health hovering mosquito with an archer.  The pilot immediately panicked and juked right into the side of the tech plant and exploded, the game gave me the kill.

Planetside 2

As a TR who generally starts every session in a Mosquito, that's just... disappointing. I usually don't start evasive maneuvers until I'm around 50% health because I usually don't notice I'm under attack until then.
I also don't hover, using Banshee/Hornet for ground-pounding, I use boom&zoom/run strafing runs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: May 25, 2018, 02:12:17 am »

A Very Large UFO appeared.
I sent 2 Thunderstorms against it. 1st Piloted by Hunter Rory McCarty and loaded with Rail Cannon and Heavy Stingray launcher, 2nd piloted by an agent, whose name I do not remember and loaded with a Rail Cannon and an Avalanche launcher.

Then the UFO decided to not let me team up and attacked the Hunter.
He obliterated it without his plane even being scratched.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: May 26, 2018, 01:28:38 am »

Researched plasma cannons. Before, I lost an interceptor in seconds after attempting to engage a large UFO. This time, I built a few plasma cannons, fitted each of the interceptors at the base with one (replacing the shitty normalcannons that they came with) and then sent one after a large UFO. It was downed before it had a chance to even do anything.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: May 27, 2018, 10:50:44 am »

I got myself possessed by the mind of a long dead god!  It keeps screaming in frustration, very valuable screams hehehe.
Is my character yandere for thunder, or just crazy for crazy's sake at this point?

Fallen London
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: May 27, 2018, 12:38:13 pm »

I used EXALT like a mop and wiped the floor with them.

XCOM Enemy Within
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: May 27, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »

Got a 4- or 5-kill killstreak, attacking Construction Site Beta, as a Light Assault with the basic shotgun(and not slug ammo). Jumped right up the side of the base, in full view of their spawn room. Didn't die, not even during the rest of the battle. One of the kills was an Infiltrator who was sniping me as I made my assault, another a wounded MAX who ran right into me.

Light Assault is generally my weakest class, and I'm not particularly good with shotguns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: May 27, 2018, 06:01:57 pm »

I got myself possessed by the mind of a long dead god!  It keeps screaming in frustration, very valuable screams hehehe.
Is my character yandere for thunder, or just crazy for crazy's sake at this point?

Fallen London
I think at that point in Fallen London it's not even crazy for crazy's sake, it's just being perfectly sane like everyone else, but ironically.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: May 27, 2018, 07:09:17 pm »

I gotta start playing Planetside 2 again. I ran with HAMD for a while, but its been over a year since I played. Think i might still have video of some sweet battles in Hossin and Esamir somewhere on my computer. Definitely still have the screenshot of the valk that I got stuck in a tree.

The only thing that sucks is my play hours line up solidly with the vanu pop surge between 2 to like 8 am. Or at least it used to be that way. Somehow fighting losing battles was still fun though. Unless it's a biolab. Fuck those things.

To be on topic, I managed to get lucky and slag the cockpits of two highlanders in two turns, then the turn after the two enemy mechs remaining were knocked on their asses in one burst of ppc fire after being destabilized at the end of the previous turn. Only one had the opportunity to stand back up, and he decided to try and pull back, I guess hoping I'd close in close enough to the base to trigger reinforcements. He wound up getting deleted by massed missile fire.

I'm fielding a triple ppc awesome, a black knight with a medley of weapons, a 40 lrm catapult, and the special highlander. I wound up picking three of the six highlander parts the mission gave me, and I've modified it to fill the black knight's role in the roster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: May 28, 2018, 07:07:35 pm »

A petty own and one born of my own foolishness, but a triumph nonetheless.  With an altered tech tree and a collection of mods to encourage flight-first development, I carefully designed an early-campaign jet that had some minor potential stability issues.  With this in mind, I tweaked the wings and ailerons to ensure that the center of lift was properly behind the center of mass, though the margin was less than I preferred.  I then took it up to see what its performance was, conduct some SCIENCE!, and fulfill some hardware test and scientific observation contracts.  Immediately, I noticed that it wasn't quite generating enough lift; I needed to pull at least 50-70 m/s of acceleration on the runway to get it off the ground, at which point it took off with a vengeance.  I made a mental note to be careful landing and to upgrade the SPH to permit more parts, and carried on.  Otherwise, the design impressed: at full throttle, it could easily hit the sound barrier if I gave it its head (and bounce off, but who's counting?), and it had a service ceiling of around 13 km (a bit shy of the edge of the "troposphere" at 16 km; I just realized I forgot to add the mod that makes atmospheric pressure non-linear). 

As I started running low on fuel, I turned homeward.  At this point, I realized a minor issue I had forgotten during development.  When I adjusted for stability, I was doing so with full fuel tanks.  With the fuel tanks half-empty, my lovely jet's center of mass moved, putting it right on top of the center of lift.  By extension, running the fuel tanks all the way down put the center of mass *behind* the center of lift, setting me up for some nasty positive feedback every time I made a course adjustment.  Of course, I didn't know this for sure yet, though I had my suspicions; what I knew was that when I turned around, the airplane started bouncing like a top in all three axes, lost all lift as it turned into a lawn dart, and dropped a couple thousand meters before I managed to pull it out of its tailspin.  Fighting the plane the whole way, I managed to land it just outside the KSC.  I landed it on fumes and I dented the nose as it came down, but I landed it nonetheless. 

Valentina made it home safe and sound with the science, and won some nice ribbons out of the deal.  To wit, she pulled a G-Force XII ribbon for sustained 12Gs of acceleration for 3 or more seconds, and a fuel ribbon for making it back on vapors without deploying a parachute.  The only thing I'm worried about is that Jeb, whose chief experience is with turboprops, is going to feel the need to one-up her now.  I think rockets might be safer than this. 

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:12:48 pm by Culise »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: May 28, 2018, 11:31:35 pm »

Picked up Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection a day early.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:35:49 pm by IronTomato »
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 708