Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274516 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8610 on: May 30, 2018, 11:49:26 am »

I killed a Mechtoid with overwatch fire from six or so assault rifle wielding base defenders and backup soldiers on the turn it dropped in. Invade my Motherfucking base and I will throw a wall of lead at you.

XCOM Enemy Within
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: May 30, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »

Somehow broke the AI:Normal. Playing on Winter Duel, an east-west map with four prominent ridges, two for the start points, and two in between. The middle two ridges create a central canyon and allow both players to build walls of guns on top, though T2 turrets can potentially hit the other ridge. AI:Normal has a tendency to rush attack right at the start, and sends in engineers to claim any metal nodes after them. One of these nodes is on their forward ridge.

After cleaning up the opening attack, I sent two(at first) of those infantry bots to a corner under the ridge, where they ineffectively fired at an extractor. This drew the attention of nearly every single tank the AI built, yet they kept parking in a place where they could not hit the bots, and therefore never destroyed them(one was, I don't know how). Whilst they were banging their head against the proverbial wall with those bots, I was fortifying my ridge with guns, as well as artillery emplacements that could hit their base. Had they properly attacked, they probably would have won.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: May 31, 2018, 12:49:53 am »

Actually managed to win a round.  Not a match, just a round.  Although it ended up being a pretty even game.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: May 31, 2018, 12:59:37 pm »

Playing fighting games online is always painful.  An ever increasing number of weak players get pushed out of the playerbase until its just a small collection of expert players (usually the ones with a good internet connection as well).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: May 31, 2018, 03:34:46 pm »

Was up 1-0, but the dwarves were smashing towards my end zone - literally smashing, at one point almost my entire team was on the ground at the end of my turn. I get lucky, my ogre rolls a mutual knockdown on the ball carrier, a thrower picks it up, and after clearing room for both the thrower and intended receiver to get clear, I send it halfway across the field... and drop it.

The dwarves ignore it; there's not enough time left to run it back anyway. After breaking a few tackles, my intended receiver gets it anyway, and runs towards the end zone, too fast for the dwarves to even try to chase. Open up the final turn by walking right in for the touchdown, no better way to give a flying middle finger than to using the last turn to increase your lead on a shutout.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: May 31, 2018, 04:01:20 pm »

After some 30 or so attempts finally managed to beat the simulated Uber Elder fight. Granted, this is probably the easiest version of this build (as in, the best items at lvl100 and all the bells and whistles it could have), still, the toughest fight in the game to date but it's pure mechanics once you're past the gear check, glad to know I could do it if I ever put in the time needed to actually get to it :V

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: May 31, 2018, 06:30:54 pm »

Discovered the wonders of gorillaspam, leading to my first two (as far as I can remember) "wins" - I'm playing an old alpha version where there were only six stages to play through, so that isn't too impressive, haha.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: May 31, 2018, 10:25:58 pm »

Played my first online match as Zangief since I like grappler characters. The guy ragequit.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: June 01, 2018, 12:11:44 am »

Played my first online match as Zangief since I like grappler characters. The guy ragequit.

I mained FANG in that one.  I liked his silly antics.  I like watching grappler characters but I suck at the required 180-360 motions.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: June 01, 2018, 03:46:46 am »

Was attacking a city some bandits stole from me. They had 6 units to my one. My one was just an elite griphon rider. However, being a Warlord, I had soooo many buffing spells at my disposal. In the end he was onesotting all the units because I gave him a total of +11 melee damage, when he started at 15.

Age of Wonders 3.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: June 01, 2018, 05:35:11 am »

Took me a few dozen attempts, but I got the 5-star score for the first available wingsuit challenge - that's after watching a walkthrough video where the comments were saying the methods used in the video were only possible via hacks, due to stalling at the final goal.

Note: I didn't use hacks or even do the the same moves as the video. What people didn't seem to realize is that you can use your grapple while wingsuiting to give yourself a boost. Just drop the grapple almost immediately unless you like making out with rocks at high velocity.

Hotfire90

« Reply #8621 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:34 pm »

Beat the trial of the fool on my first try.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: June 01, 2018, 06:02:51 pm »

That driving challenge that was giving me trouble? Beat it in one go, with a few seconds to spare for a 5-star rating. No idea how that happened, but I did restart the challenge just to quit it and steal the car(that's a thing you can do).

EDIT: Just did a wingsuit challenge, not sure how far back the leaderboard records go, but I beat the top score by 47 points.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:10:00 pm by Akura »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: June 01, 2018, 06:11:01 pm »

I somehow managed to beat and get an A on Monsoon without parrying.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: June 02, 2018, 12:33:41 am »

Played my first ranked match on Super Turbo, and of course, the guy I was fighting picked Akuma, who is widely known for being, far and beyond, the most overpowered character in ST. I attempted to mimic the method he used to select Akuma, so that we could fight on even terms, but ended up running out of time and picking Cammy, a character I have never used. Like every other Akuma player he spent the entire match jumping backwards and spamming air fireballs, but somehow I managed to win both rounds regardless.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (in the 30th Anniversary Collection)

At the very least, they had the decency to allow you to see which character your opponent is selecting, which helps to alleviate this kind of bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 708