Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274663 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8625 on: June 03, 2018, 07:19:14 am »

Manned landing on Mun seems to be no-go for me, and I couldn't get to Duna either.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: June 03, 2018, 09:03:04 am »

Now try to get home...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: June 03, 2018, 09:09:53 am »

Nup, unmanned unrecoverable probes will colonize entire Kerbal system!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: June 03, 2018, 09:32:29 am »

It’s not colonization unless you start culling natives
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: June 03, 2018, 11:29:53 pm »

Level 25 Faceless One plus Scepter or whatever his name is is basically Dio.

Group of enemy heroes? "I'm sorry, but time has stopped." Utilize his passive plus Daedulus plus Battle Fury to murderize heroes while they're frozen. If they're low on health, they're dead. If they're high on health, they might be dead anyways, and he can probably finish them off after time resumes.

When time does resume, you can use Time Walk to pop right off after finishing the job. "Time to go." The relevant perk tree choices really help this build. Improved Chronosphere AoE? Improved Time Walk range? Yes please.

By the end of the game? RAMPAGE. Single-handedly took down all five enemy heroes. Not all at once, but in quick succession.

Nothing stops this guy. Run away? Nope, he's right in your path. Time walk. Teleport? He'll teleport right with you. High damage abilities? Time Walk. Never happened. And he stops time every sixty seconds, during which he can basically do whatever to you or escape while you're frozen.

This is Dio reincarnated as a Dota 2 hero.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: June 04, 2018, 04:15:57 am »

Tales of my KSP achievements, part whatever!

SigFlags!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: June 04, 2018, 12:34:06 pm »

Level 25 Faceless One plus Scepter or whatever his name is is basically Dio.

Group of enemy heroes? "I'm sorry, but time has stopped." Utilize his passive plus Daedulus plus Battle Fury to murderize heroes while they're frozen. If they're low on health, they're dead. If they're high on health, they might be dead anyways, and he can probably finish them off after time resumes.

When time does resume, you can use Time Walk to pop right off after finishing the job. "Time to go." The relevant perk tree choices really help this build. Improved Chronosphere AoE? Improved Time Walk range? Yes please.

By the end of the game? RAMPAGE. Single-handedly took down all five enemy heroes. Not all at once, but in quick succession.

Nothing stops this guy. Run away? Nope, he's right in your path. Time walk. Teleport? He'll teleport right with you. High damage abilities? Time Walk. Never happened. And he stops time every sixty seconds, during which he can basically do whatever to you or escape while you're frozen.

This is Dio reincarnated as a Dota 2 hero.
As a support main, I think its the support's job to counter time bubble, because a lot of supports have answers to it (provided they use cautious positioning and don't end up *in* the time bubble).  Pheonix can walk up to it and ult, Wyvern can use cold embrace or ult faceless one, Bane can nightmare a likely target (or ult Faceless Void).  Witch Doctor and Shadow Shaman... are actually pretty bad against it because Faceless Void will just jump out of the time bubble and murder them.  Earthshaker's Q easily has the range to stun Faceless Void without accidentally walking into the bubble, Naga can save her ult just to waste Faceless Void's.  Dazzle... well, if your allies are doing decent enough that they don't explode in one hit, you can save one of them and make sure Faceless One has zero armor when the thing ends.  But of course they aren't.

This is why I would always play heroes with save abilities or hard stuns.  Good luck playing Lich or Crystal Maiden against Faceless Void.  "Don't worry guys, I'm using Freezing Field."  *Gets stunned on first hit*.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: June 07, 2018, 08:58:33 pm »

I did awesome in my Awesome.  Its widely considered a relatively bad mech, mostly because it is HUGE and FAT, the metaphorical broad side of the barn.  And it really doesn't have the tonnage nor the toughness to back up the THICC (mere 80 tons).  I modded mine to carry four snub nose PPCs, and I upped the engine to an XL 280 to go slightly faster and hold more cooling.  Basically like having two AC20s with unlimited ammo, but hot as hell and very frail for the assault target you are.

Actually managed to score three kills, two of which were most-damage-dealt.  Totaling almost 600 damage, taking out two heavies and an 100 ton assault.  Didn't survive the round, but I think I had an impact.  Usually in the Awesome I die horribly only doing about 250-300 damage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: June 08, 2018, 01:23:44 am »

Won ascension levels 7, 8, and 9 on The Defect all in a row.  In each run I got molten egg (upgrades any new attacks you get) early and then built up a deck with at least two claws (0 cost, gains 2 damage every time you play a claws card) and cards that would draw from the deck or pull claws cards out of my discard pile.  I also got the same combo going in each of them, which is a card that gives artifact (immunity to next debuff) combined with hyperbeam (32 damage to all enemies when upgraded, but gives -3 focus... unless you're immune).

None of my decks built any defense aside from buffer/buffer+ (power, ignore next 1/2 instances of damage) and a couple cards that channeled frost.  Instead I just rested at every single campfire, in complete defiance of most advice that's out there.

The 9th ascension was the craziest.  I got a relic that gives +energy at full health.  I've never, ever had a use for that thing, but I somehow managed to keep it up for 2/3rds of the last area.  On Defect, the character known for taking chip damage every fight.  Those 3 blobs that each have 52 hp?  I took them out in one turn.  I had no idea Defect was even capable of that kind of offense.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: June 08, 2018, 10:25:05 am »

As it turns out, Pugna with the Scepter is just as hax as Faceless Void.
Actually, Scepter in general is hax.

Life Drain Life Drain Life Drain yeaaaaah!

Dota 2.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: June 08, 2018, 12:57:08 pm »

Beat a guy who had a full team of power 1000 guys in DB Legends. I had 700 as my strongest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: June 09, 2018, 02:27:24 am »

This is apparently one of hardest unifications, and it was, for me, cuz you need Moldavia (Polish-Lithuanian vassal), province of Transylvania (Hungarian vassal) and province of Silistria, owned by Ottomans, but here we go!

SigFlags!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: June 09, 2018, 07:10:52 pm »

Since a few weeks i've been replaying some bits of the old free version of Desktop Dungeon.
And as i didn't kept my saved game from when i had nearly unlocked everything, i had to go from scratch and oh boy i forgot how hard the game could be , as especially to beat some specific challenge you must have luck in what glyph/item/altar is generated so your forced combo can access what is required to have a chance.

Took many , many , so many deaths with my Orc Monk to finally beat the Snake Pit and unlock the Gorgon race (as you needed to beat that Snake Pit with a Monk class to unlock that) .
Was close to just give up on this game for another several years , until finally randomness generated the good items/glyph/altar and monster positionning i needed to finally beat that damned challenge.
Still a few things left to unlock and be done with it again for a few years.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: June 09, 2018, 07:41:57 pm »

Now try to get home...
Don't you see? It is home.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: June 10, 2018, 07:19:56 am »

Air battle wasn't going so well. I got in my Havoc and took out some ground targets(light vehicles, so 40 easily-destroyed armored cars on each side), but was shot down. Still, that may have tipped the battle significantly.

Got in my B-34, bombed some more armored cars before drawing attention of one particular pilot(using Japanese planes, which out-maneuver anything American at this tier). Turret fire forced them away, but more attacks came, even as I was dropping another load of bombs on target. Tail gunner dead, one engine on fire, and the damage display has my fuselage at black. I'm fucked. Everything is OK.

I figure I would go down and use my last plane(P-36G) and hope I can wait out the ground fight(generally, over time the ground targets kill each other one-for-one). My burning engine blows out, but I'm still flying. Sideways, but still flying. The replay shows me as already destroyed. I've got two fighters coming at me head on, the Japanese plane from before, and a Russian I-15(which is the Russian reserve plane). The Japanese plane just explodes which I get the credit for(replay shows them with destroyed engine and missing a half a wing), and I spray the I-15 in the face with bullets.

Then I look at the mission score, our team still has 15 armored cars left, they have 1. Then, "Hostile team has lost all their vehicles"(which means no players on the other team are spawned, and are losing points). Then "Sole survivor award", which means I'm the last player on my team left in the game.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 708