Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274174 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8640 on: June 10, 2018, 06:11:01 pm »

I beat the chaos trials (literally "beat" using massive hard hitting fists of earth magic) and became the Wizard of Legend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: June 11, 2018, 02:20:43 am »

My friend is a major Hearthstone player.  I like to joke that it's a Magic knock-off, but we both know I'm joking.  Particularly considering-

Also, nice avatar, and welcome to the forum!
I apologize for the rude welcome, but we are 'ard gamers here :P

Thanks. I didn't know about the spoiler tag! Will use it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: June 11, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »

Won a duo game in Realm Royale with my best friend as two assassins. Everything went completely perfect. It was amazing.

And it's... what, the second day we play this?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: June 12, 2018, 07:49:55 am »

I just beat the game for what is possibly the first time.
I mean... I haven't played in a while before today, but surely I've played it enough in the past that I would have achieved this at least once? I don't seem to remember this bit at all, though. :-/ Maybe it changed in an update or something.   

Edit: wait, no, apparently I did it before, in October of 2016. Plenty of time to forget all about it!   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:23:04 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: June 12, 2018, 12:53:15 pm »

I accidently opened a pit to HFS, except instead of swarming and killing us like good clowns, they just peacefully went to parts of the HFS I have not seen yet. Not quite a win, but I am pretending in my head that we terrify the clowns so much they have no desire to fight us.

Dwarf Fortress
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:22 pm »

I am imagining their excuses to the Demon King.

Yeah so we got all the way up there, but then we realized forgot our apocalypse hats, and we had to go alllll the way back home to get them, and it was such a hassle that we just said eh and we all got ice cream instead. We brought you some mint chip!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: June 12, 2018, 01:01:02 pm »

I’M EXTREMELY ANGRY AT ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW.

...BUT MINT CHIP IS MY FAVORITE...
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: June 12, 2018, 08:25:32 pm »

Finished the game, final boss fight was pretty fun all things considered.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: June 12, 2018, 11:42:19 pm »

Black lives matter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:41 am »

I’M EXTREMELY ANGRY AT ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW.

...BUT MINT CHIP IS MY FAVORITE...

I read this out of context first and got real curious about how it fit into the own thread. I was not disappoint.

My own involved fighting two Lurkers in the flesh melting darkness of Apocrypha and kicking their asses. Female warrior orc ftw.

Skyrim
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: June 14, 2018, 05:02:30 am »

Doing pretty well during an air battle, with multiple kills before being shot down. I got into my P-40-E-1, and as I got into the main fight, I dropped my bomb load on a tank. During the fight, I got jumped by a F3F. Damaged, I fled across the entire map with this guy on my tail, chipping away at my plane as I tried to evade. Lost tail control shortly before reaching the airfield, but I still kept going. My attacker was shredded by the airfield's AAA. I was pulling in for a landing just as the mission ended, in our victory due to that tank I bombed.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:11 pm »

I set up a deck with an opening hand that was always the same due to the innate mechanic: boot sequence (free 10 block, with the anchor relic I had 20), storm+ x2 (each time you play a power, channel 1 lightning), defragment+ (3 focus making lightning more powerful, made innate with the bottled tornado relic), hello world+ (gain a random common card every turn)*.  This deck also contained static discharge+ (channel 2 lightning on taking attack damage) and electrodynamics+ (lightning hits all enemies, channel 3 lightning).  All of the above except boot sequence are power cards, meaning for example electrodynamics actually channels 5 lightning.  I also have many lightning channeling cards including tempest+ (cost x, channel x+1 lightning), fission+ (evoke all orbs, gain orb slots for each evoked that way) and I had multiple charge battery+ (blocks and gives you energy next turn) to make use of my faster drawing.

Needless to say if the final boss had been the Awakened One I might have been in trouble, especially since I had a relic that prevented me from seeing enemy intents.  But it wasn't, it was Decu and Donu.  I drew electrodynamics on the second turn and killed them both simultaneously; the whole fight was like 4-5 turns.  Kinda thought power focused builds on the Defect were a trap but I guess with frozen egg in act 1 they're viable.
*I've seen people on reddit saying this card is the worst ever because it pollutes your deck with bad cards.  These people are what I like to call "wrong".  If you run it with a huge deck you'll never shuffle, so its basically +1 draw that can't be a status and doesn't cycle your deck faster making you further resistant to statuses.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: June 15, 2018, 04:43:49 am »

Despite being horribly low on medicine (and one of my two expert doctors being among the afflicted), I managed to control a plague "outbreak" without savescumming!
And I totally woulda savescummed if necessary, too. Not really a fan of how diseases work in-game.

Also, Lester, the sailor who recently joined with great social skills (which was sorely needed since nobody else had any real skill or passion for it) has been doing such a good job of schmoozing with the visitors that he is now having to fend off romantic propositions from them. What a heart-throb. :))
I wonder, is it possible to have random visitors start relationships with your colonists in this way, same as can happen with prisoners from time to time? I imagine you'd have to intentionally aim for it to happen anyway, since the visitor-colonist friendships tend to be pretty one-sided in most cases, in my experience at least (I haven't bothered setting visitor zones or anything).

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: June 15, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »

Managed to construct the first do-it-yourself building besides the cow barn. The fishing spot, which seems to be the final "tutorial" quest. Took me a few days, both in game and real life to find the rhino beetles for the baitbox. I was looking in the wrong places(tip: on the lighter-textured trees, look on the trunks). Bought both the carving station and combining stations to build the baitbox, stole the barrel from an abandoned shack, and assembled the fish rack. Then I bought the construction materials, and built a small pier sticking out to sea.

The only mistake was using "Wood Blocks" for the pier. These are actually the blocks that trees are made of - they can be chopped with an ax to produce raw wood. Not sure why they're for sale, but then Aliza is rather absent-minded at times. Oh well, at least the village's resident catgirl was happy about it.

Now I get to build an entire house from scratch to bring in a new resident.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: June 16, 2018, 01:44:18 pm »

I built a large radar in my base and soon detected a small UFO in July 1998. Without interceptors, I sent a helicopter after it. It landed and I found out that I only have 5 agents in the helicopter.

And the aliens were SECTOIDS. They have disruptor shields.

But, even though 4 out of the agents died, so did all the sectoids. Now I have Elerium, sectoid corpses, UFO navigation and UFO Power source. I already had AAs from a Cyberweb technomad.

The X-Com files.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 708