Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274800 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8820 on: August 11, 2018, 05:24:29 pm »

I awoke from a wretched nightmare.

~Project: Gorgon
What drugs is this game on?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: August 11, 2018, 05:53:08 pm »

Not exactly a traditional "own", but I think it fits. Probably as an own for the playerbase itself or something.

We won a really close match on Numbani as attackers (we were in overtime, actually), quickplay matchmaker has derped again and we're playing as 6 randoms against a 5-man premade + random.
In the victory screen one of my teammates, who was the only one refusing to use the voice chat and who was out of position for pretty much 90% of the match, complained with something to the effect of "wow, we won despite out horrible healer" (just not as friendly), at which point some of my teammates and the entire enemy premade tore into him.

I ended up getting the healer card with 15k heals / healed 46% of incoming damage and 10 upvotes (only my 3rd legendary card in 2 years of playing, and my 2nd as Mercy) and 8 or so commends.

It was a very weird feeling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I awoke from a wretched nightmare.

~Project: Gorgon
What drugs is this game on?!

A lot of them.
I remember being a pig in some earlier beta, and one of my friends was a spider.
Complete with unique skills and builds.

There is also cows, ravens (I think? If I don't remeber it wrong) and rabbits.

Been thinking of installing it again ever since it launched on steam, maybe I'll do it one day. It is pretty awesome despite the barebones graphics and grindy gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:00:08 pm by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: August 13, 2018, 04:24:26 pm »

Somehow, in a single life I scored three MAX kills; granted, all three were badly damaged/just revived, but they were shredding the zerg going up the stairs to the capture point at Cobalt Communications, that was also fortified with hardlight barriers, engineer turrets, and more MAXes. I went up the other stairs. Entirely unguarded.

In the same life, got into a tank, shot down two Scythes, forced back to Cobalt Geological Survey, got repaired, accidentally ran over the guy who repaired me(sorry! also, they weren't showing up on minimap at all for some reason), then was forced to abandon my tank as it was nearly literally run over by a massive VS armor rush. Even then, I killed an infiltrator who was trying to snipe me, failed to plant an AT mine in the backseat of a Harasser, then watched as that same AT mine crippled a Magrider, after which I killed its driver. Then I got headshot by a Halberd rocket.

Still, we won the alert shortly after that.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: August 13, 2018, 05:03:29 pm »

I just got the Shoryuken in Mega Man X2. OG version, so no save states or whatnot.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: August 13, 2018, 05:06:26 pm »

Easily the most difficult super upgrade to get in any of the Mega Man X games.

It makes one shotting Agile very gratifying, if you can make it past the blasted mechaniloids before the boss room without getting hit.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: August 13, 2018, 05:48:44 pm »

Well I had sub-tanks, so yeah, Agile got yuken'd for shor.

It did take around 5 tries, which is super low IME. Also, I got the heart tank on OVERDRIVE OSTRICH's stage on the very first go. I felt like Jet Li or something.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: August 13, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »

After a difficult time, finally got the upper hand on the AI, but his last turn Galactic Survey development card provided him with a boost of points in the endgame scoring.
Fortunately i had fetched the Greatest Military goal first that had ensured i was still ahead in the final score.

Nice after the AI had defeated me several games in a row :)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: August 15, 2018, 12:30:30 am »

Finally beat the high dragun and finished the gungeon. It was a work of many, many, many playthroughs, but I finally got a combo OP enough to allow me to survive and win it all.
Not only that, but I beat the high dragun without taking a *single* hit.

I forgot to take a screenshot of my endgame screen to properly document it, but my combo consisted of the following. The Scrambler (a single clip size gun which has 120 ammo breaks up into 5 homing bullets on hitting something), the Bullet time active item (which significantly slows time when used), and a Blue Goun stone (which orbits you and blocks some bullets and slows time whenever you are hit).

Now, that doesn't sound impressive, but that isn't mentioning the synergy: Having bullet time and Blue Goun Stone gives you the Bluer Goun Stone ability, which means you are immune to damage while reloading. With most weapons this is a pretty decent buff that can be exploited quite a bit to allow you to dodge much better and that can very well be the difference between life and death.
However with a single shot weapon that spends 90% of the time reloading and has the ammo to last you through the entire boss fight? Its crazy OP and is enough to turn a fight that would otherwise mulch you into a relative cakewalk.

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: August 15, 2018, 04:42:50 pm »

Not sure if it was intuition or what, but I found the Smash room in stage 6-5. These rooms contain various goodies, in particular the Smash Bros. ability. I didn't even know these rooms existed until this morning I looked up the location of the rare sticker for 5-2(that one was bugging me). 6-5's Smash room was way off the main path, and the entrance only looks like an entrance if you already know it's an entrance. Still, somehow I went right for it.

EDIT: Killed the Goblin King in two hits. Fat bastard is vulnerable to stealth, like everything else. Never knew I was there.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:57:39 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: August 17, 2018, 02:27:18 am »

I made a new friend.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: August 18, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »

So my Mirai Conjecture had 3 counters, allowing me to copy any instant or sorcery spell I cast during my turn.

I cast Doublecast to copy my next instant or sorcery spell, which in turn flipped my Primal Amulet to turn it into Primal Wellspring. Because of Mirai Conjecture's effect, Doublecast was in turn doubled.

Primal Wellspring's effect allowed me to again double my next instant or sorcery spell, which was a kicked Fight With Fire for 10 damage.

The FWF was then copied a bunch of times, though the game ended midway while the stack was still resolving since I had reduced my opponent to 0 after two applications of the FWF. I'm not quite sure how many times the spell would've been copied total since I'm not sure if the copies would have counted as "cast" spells or not... I suspect probably not so if I interpret the rules correctly it would've been a total of 5 FWF effects for 50 damage.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: August 18, 2018, 04:46:01 pm »

This is the Magic equivalent of filling your hand with cards, then playing a Fiendfire and cackling madly as both the enemy and your own deck catch on fire and burn to cinders?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: August 18, 2018, 05:40:05 pm »

A little more like DOROH! MONSTAH CADOH! if you ask me.
Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: August 18, 2018, 06:25:42 pm »

Multiple stack echo form into sunder would be a closer analogy than Fiendfire.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: August 19, 2018, 11:00:49 am »

On the final map of "A Tale of Two Brothers", I kind of messed up. I tried to get Arvith to land the killing blow on the final boss (as much as a turn-based strategy game can have a final boss - it was the commander, who was an advanced unit), only for him to miss most of his attacks.

Arvith's brother, Baran, was up next - though he landed three of his four fireball blasts, the boss was still standing.

I noticed one thing, however.

Aside from my allied units (which I think act after the enemy's turn, so they'd have been no help killing the boss sooner), I did have one footpad right next to the final boss, ready to attack.

I killed the final boss of the campaign with a fucking sling. And, of course, the footpad got promoted to... whatever they promote to.

Baran and Arvith split up, but rebuilding the village is going well, and while life isn't easy by any means, it's good nonetheless.

The End.

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 708