Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274814 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8880 on: September 10, 2018, 05:18:31 pm »

Yes, the battle I was referring to was Leuctra (hooray for thirty seconds' worth of research).

Whenever I think of that battle I think of one line from a military history book, concerning, of course, the Theban formation that day: "a pile-driver of a phalanx, 50 ranks deep".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: September 10, 2018, 05:25:56 pm »

Hannibal did it better.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: September 10, 2018, 09:49:12 pm »

It was more of a reminder then an own, but I think it was a high point in my fun.
My battle against one group had been growing for a while-I had just won a pitched battle, capturing one of their generals and defending my petty factory against 70+ men, when during a roughly even encounter in a field, I came to a realization that made me smile.
There I was, plinking away at some far off group of soldiers, when I realized that I wasn't particularly damaging, or very accurate whatsoever, me and my SMG had one saving grace-we used cheap bullets.
I came as close to BRRRRRRRRTTT as a man with an SMG can come that day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: September 11, 2018, 06:10:37 pm »

During the quest Diplomatic Immunity, while disguised as one of the asshole elves Thalmor, it turns out the Fury spell doesn't break your cover if you get yourself hidden before the spell hits, resulting in immediate teamkill. Unfortunately, the asshole +1 wizard guarding the door(literally standing in the doorway so you can't sneak by) managed to kill both patrolling guards in the courtyard.

Spoiler: So I killed him (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: September 11, 2018, 07:28:55 pm »

During the quest Diplomatic Immunity
Had it just been revoked?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: September 11, 2018, 07:46:29 pm »

During the quest Diplomatic Immunity
Had it just been revoked?
But sir..! You’re black.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: September 12, 2018, 05:26:08 pm »

Bah, the Thalmor only have so-called "immunity" because they think they can get away with it.
Spoiler: and also because (click to show/hide)
Makes it so much more fun to mess with them.

Oh, and I just remembered, during this run, before entering Whiterun for the first time, I went around to do some bandit bounty I picked up in Riverwood, came across a Thalmor Justicar party, murdered the lot, and got Elven light armor before even killing the first dragon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:15 pm »

There're dragons in Skyrim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:25 pm »

Could just watch an LP cha know.

MGS3, Peace Walker, GZ, MGS5, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4? I feel like I'm missing something, other than playing all those games.

Snake's Revenge? :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: September 12, 2018, 05:50:08 pm »

Could just watch an LP cha know.

MGS3, Peace Walker, GZ, MGS5, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4? I feel like I'm missing something, other than playing all those games.

Snake's Revenge? :P

You got em all.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: September 12, 2018, 06:22:54 pm »

You can play almost the entirety of the game before you ever see more than just Alduin if you simply refuse to talk to Jarl Balgruuf, and instead derp around doing all the other shit, IIRC.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: September 12, 2018, 06:32:23 pm »

You can play almost the entirety of the game before you ever see more than just Alduin if you simply refuse to talk to Jarl Balgruuf, and instead derp around doing all the other shit, IIRC.

I know, which is why I said it :p

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: September 13, 2018, 01:20:30 am »

Unlocked World Rammers as soon as possible, derailed myself, and started flying around using my Defensive Bursters' recoil around the system while using them as close-range weapons. They're surprisingly strong, they can open up a planet with like 2 good hits and blow up the core in another 2. Killed everyone, but I was really beaten up due to being hit by nukes twice. I was chasing the green player around the entire system for 3 minutes straight.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: September 15, 2018, 12:40:00 am »

I managed to beat the Path of Pain and man does it live up to its name. Imagine playing a late-game super meatboy level, but the camera isn’t zoomed out so you don’t get a proper look at the stage, and just like in super meatboy you have to do it in one go*.

Yeah... lots of trial and error and a fair amount of rage. I’m talking Sans level of rage, but that was partly the point. In game it’s contextualized as this difficult, but optional trial you can take if you want to find all the answers, and so knowing that my feelings  were the intended experience kept me going. All of it was a lie though. At the end you only get a 5 second cutscene and a rather dull bestiary entry. Not worth grind, but hey, at least you got a sense of pride and accomplishment right?

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: September 15, 2018, 05:47:02 am »

I beat Flamma on my first try ( grante it was mostly me scurrying away until I knocked his shield off, then I went beserk on that left arm but still) and also beat Alesia and got dat sweet sweet Gaulish Longsword. Too heavy to use with a shield and helmet, cuz I like large shield, but I got a decent Falx for now.

My ultimate goal is to take Laetus' backup knife, helmet, and his sword into a new game+.

Colosseum Road to Freedom
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 708