Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274959 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8985 on: October 19, 2018, 01:23:47 pm »

I once was playing as a Jester, and a framer made me look like I was mafia, people voted to lynch me, people lynched me. On the night, I randonly picked someone to kill, guess who I got? The Framer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: October 19, 2018, 02:50:38 pm »

Is claiming Jester when you are a Jester still the best way to get executed?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: October 19, 2018, 03:45:42 pm »

Is claiming Jester when you are a Jester still the best way to get executed?

Nah, Mafia will kill you for sure.

I once had a game where I was Medium, and another guy claimed Medium. I was jailed, I claimed Medium and the Jailor killed me. I then proceeded to tell him about the other guy who claimed Medium, and he executed him as well, turns out the other guy was acctually medium too... welp, i think I fucked up the match :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:47:23 pm by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: October 19, 2018, 05:37:16 pm »

I have finished Dead Cells.  Apparently there are no more boss cells, but I did manage to finish the game with 4 boss cells activated.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: October 19, 2018, 08:37:46 pm »

Met a like-minded individual using proximity chat to taunt the VC, and both of us happened to pick combat engineers fitted with flamethrowers.

What followed was a bunch of nonsense shouting in our worst Macho Man/Hulk Hogan impressions while also clearing positions of opposition.

While we were pretty solid, the best part was actually when he accidentally killed out squad lead. All I hear is a GI screaming and this dude go "OH NO, BROTHER!" and we finally cracked, having been in character that whole time. He kept telling me to kill him and i kept refusing. Mind you this was in the open while trying to cap an objective, so obviously we were cut down amid our giggle fits.

Most fun I've had in a game in a long time, and that's an own for me.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: October 20, 2018, 04:27:00 pm »

Caterpie was poisoned, but took down Wade's Weedle with 11HP left. Hopefully enough to make it to the Violet City Pokemon Center.

I stepped in front of the counter just as the screen flashed for poison damage on the very last of Caterpie's hitpoints, and talked to the nurse without having Caterpie fainting.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: October 20, 2018, 08:11:38 pm »

Fully upgraded shotgun + firearms 2 > all the fucking typhon

Prey
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: October 21, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »

Olivine City's steel gym is "obviously" weak against fire.  But to be clever, the Crystal Clear developers threw in a Wartortle (later a Blastoise).
Good thing I'm obsessed with grass types, Houndour starter aside.

Also, my Sunflora has Sunny Day...  it's not your day *swaps back to Cerby*

Pokemon Crystal Clear, 9/16 badges.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: October 23, 2018, 04:53:13 pm »

Beat Falkner. His team's levels are lower than I anticipated, but Cyndaquil and Pidgey still dropped because despite taking 3 Smokescreens, his Pidgeotto's Gust kept hitting every time. It only missed once against Growlithe, which is probably what allowed for the win, as the rest of my team is slower and weak to Flying.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: October 23, 2018, 05:34:39 pm »

won a few matches of overwatch on ps4 but the highlight was using my headset and speaking at length exclusively in a austin powers accent bc life is too short for worries
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: October 23, 2018, 06:46:26 pm »

I have a deep voice so I used to pretend to be a smexy romantic radio DJ.

Awwww ye
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:41 pm »

I just hurl abuse in a heavy Scottish accent.

That’s just what I do every day though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: October 23, 2018, 06:53:01 pm »

If you combine these two things you could probably just confuse everyone into losing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: October 26, 2018, 05:08:19 am »

First time playing naval. Crazy fun, and actually managed not to suck. Even got the last kill of the match.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: October 30, 2018, 01:33:21 pm »

Finally powered through the dragon gym at 15/16 badges.  I tried to use a Cloyster for ice, but I kept getting sick of trying to level it, and it's so slow.  And the gym had a Kingdra anyway which is ONLY weak to dragon.  Besides, I had Raikou with Thunder and Spark which would work for the flying dragonites - I forgot that dragon actively resists electricity.

Made it anyway, with a combination of Raikou Xatu (Natella) and Houndour (Cerby).  Raikou and Xatu were even fairly underlevelled.

Then I finally beat the water gym, which I'd saved for last/full power.  It was almost *easier* now, because Misty sorta dropped the pretense of focusing on water.  There were like 3 ice, a quagsire, and yaknow just Lugia hanging out as flying/psychic.  Fortunately my overlevelled Houndour is very good against ice types and psychic types.  Sorta disappointing... I even put Sunny Day on Raikou to set up Celebi with Solar Beam, and I only got to use it on the Quagsire really.  Still felt good, depowered the water attacks, and empowered the flamethrower.

So at that point the Elite 4 was pretty underlevelled, which is fair considering it unlocked at 8/16 badges.  But there was one sticking point...  A Blissey, bane of Pokemon GO and now Crystal Clear, with:
Soft-boiled
Heal Bell
Light Screen
Ice Beam

carrying leftovers.  And enemy pokemon have unlimited PP in this gen, so it happily kept spamming Soft-Boiled to heal ~2/3 health whenever it was significantly damaged.
I tried... various things.  Flash doesn't reduce accuracy for self-targetting moves.  Psychic reduced its SPC Def once, but never again, and the light screen was practically constant and extreme.  Spamming Flamethrower and Crunch were complete no-goes, doing about 1/8 health a turn.  Raikou managed to paralyze it twice, but it just Heal Belled (never lost a turn to it either).

I was about to try ice beam from my pathetically underlevelled Cloyster, which could barely survive Blissey's ice beam, when I remembered my Marowak with thick club.  Even lower level, but it freakin worked.  Might have died from a single ice beam, but the Blissey kept trying to heal or light screen instead.  Hehe...

Pokemon Crystal Clear - cleared!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 708