Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260358 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9015 on: November 11, 2018, 06:21:51 am »

Turns out you can do some serious work with Macuddles even in pubs as long as your team has a semi-competent DPS and support to back you up. Getting to delete an enemy every nine and a half seconds as long as you don't mess up the hook is really strong, who'da thunk it.

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: November 11, 2018, 06:51:15 am »

After getting defeated so many times in a row by the AI sometime with a large score difference and sometime frustratingly very close :D , i was so happy when i finally got a victory thanks to some nice imperium and rebel cards that boosted my score enough to win this one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: November 11, 2018, 07:04:19 am »

Due to insane good luck, I managed to mind control two gatekeepers and stomp the fuck out that whole base mission.

XCOM 2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: November 12, 2018, 03:31:13 pm »

I discovered that it is possible to haul 40k+ ironstone back to one's base in the span of 30m if you take the encumbrance perk tree to the very end in CONAN EXILES.

In like 2 trips.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: November 12, 2018, 04:39:12 pm »

Speaking of lugging things, we attempted a raid on a gang headquarters - several blocks of slum dwellings which turned out to be full of snipers, mutant dogs, and psychos on spacedrugs wielding pipes and wrenches.  Since Xena cosplay doesn't actually stop high-powered rounds, we grabbed some wallets and drugs and ran.

Except this big doofus in clanky WoW armor stomped down the street, occasionally firing fricken plasma.  Fortunately he couldn't seem to aim worth a crap, and moved slowly.  Our piddly pocket lasers did nothing, but a warhammer to the back of the helmet did.  Grabbed his pistol and dragged him to the ship, ransomed him back later.  Piracy!

I also accidentally raided a ship of government agents, which is bad since they pay us protection money.  Fortunately I went less-lethal (out of greed), so there was little harm done - nice ransoms too.

XPiratez mod for OpenXCOM (NSFW (like actually NSFW))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: November 12, 2018, 05:18:11 pm »

I also accidentally raided a ship of government agents, which is bad since they pay us protection money.  Fortunately I went less-lethal (out of greed), so there was little harm done - nice ransoms too.

Heh, gotta remind them from time to time why they protection money.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: November 12, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »

Heh, yep.  It was still a reputation hit to take them, but I got that back researching one of them.  ...Which at this point isn't even interrogation, the target just gives you a piece of common knowledge (basic history of a random world power, in this case) and a reputation bonus as they spread tales of yar fair dealin'.

Also apparently mutant pirates celebrate birthdays twice a year.  Why?  Because nobody can stop'em!
And the original 6 consider their birthday to be when they escaped the lab, since they have no idea how long they were there...  aw...  Double birthdays though!

Edit:  HA, I chose the same location as Boltgun did in their 2015 LP (spoilers, presumably, I didn't read far)
The Carrrrribean!  Cuba, even.
It's definitely a bit non-optimal, but it'd be weird if a bunch of experiments landed in the midwest and went full-pirate.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:37:13 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:53 pm »

This is absolutely no reflection on my personal skill on any level, but:

"Blizzarisk Clutch Mother self-tamed"

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: November 14, 2018, 09:05:53 am »

Shredstorm cannon vs. A pod of advent

It's like using a puntgun in a gunfight. I killed all three of them and the building behind them.

XCOM 2

Also my Psi-Operative is named Magus Encarnacion "Prophet" Santiago. Which is a badass name.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:40:47 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: November 15, 2018, 12:22:47 am »

Quietly snuck through a lecture hall and adjacent storefront in Karachi to wipe out a Beholder cell.  Took down eight enemy goons, including one of the two agents, and cleaned out all their classified documents and armaments before they had any more than a suspicion of our existence.  The last agent moved into a crowd of people while trying to track us down.  Agent Theremin shrugged, walked right up to the last agent in front of half a dozen civilians, and cold-cocked him, then slung him over one shoulder and walked out the front door with everyone shouting for police.  The team then jumped in the van and drove off long before his back-up could arrive.  Kingfish has just joined the queue of Beholder agents waiting for an interrogation, a blindfold, and a cigarette.  After the spoilery wringer he put us through, it's the least we could do in thanks. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:24:34 am by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: November 15, 2018, 07:54:00 am »

Took a mostly blind shot at an enemy tank - far enough that I didn't have the shot predictor, much less penetration indicator. About a second later, I see the "enemy hit" camera. Impact point was their (sitting exposed) tank commander's head. Less than half a second later, a friendly tank destroyed the enemy tank, giving me the assist point.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: November 17, 2018, 02:03:25 am »

The Mayor's corruption had grown too great to be ignored. It had been bad enough when the Mayor immediately broke his vague promises of "lower taxes" and "more beer".

The disappointing party that The Mayor claimed would appease the people was another leaden weight on an already overburdened camel. The forlorn keg of alcohol and lone bag of tortilla chips may as well have been a double tap to the very heart of justice. Such lameness from The Mayor - A position that was, among other things, supposed to held by someone who was cool personified - was truly unthinkable.

And then, after such grevious abuses...

Came nothing.

My partner and I had been sitting at the same guard post for three months since the mayor's election. The occasional cannibal would break the endless tedium, but nothing could hold back the truth.

Being a soldier when there is no war is very, very boring.

We knew what we had to do.

The Resistance Leaders welcomed us with open arms, remarking offhandedly that perhaps we could be the ones to rid The City of the tyrant who ruled over it.

We accepted, and set out on our journey to the head of the beast.

After many explosions, much bumbling, and multiple partner deaths because he was playing the game for the second time...

We cut a bloody swath through the city and murdered the mayor. My buddy took his top hat and with it, his place as mayor - cementing his position with a speech about how guns don't kill people - and that artificial intelligence should be added to guns in order to resolve this issue.

We'd also completed the Big Quest of destroying all the generators on all the floors, and thus were Super Soldiers when the game ended.

Of course, the peace ushered in the wake of such a violent overthrowing of the previous regime could not last forever. Eventually, the mayor, who had already known the great power violence can bring, would grew lax and corrupt from the wealth, power, and bacon cheeseburgers.

That's when people would realize it was time for a new Resistance to rise up. A new fight to begin. Another link in an endless chain of events. A beautiful thing to behold - or something that kind of defeats the entire purpose of existing, depending on who you asked and how drunk they were at the time.

But, for the moment, no-one was asking any questions.

The fighting had ended. And it was time for everyone to get down.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: November 17, 2018, 03:30:35 am »

Made fat policeman run around screaming and on fire while having bucket on his head. I'm still not entirely sure if it was some arcane combo (not like there are any), or rare side effect of slipping on banana peel.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 03:46:29 am by MCreeper »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: November 18, 2018, 09:10:06 am »

Finally, managed to get a small-ish steam-propeller ship that goes 15m/s and doesn't backflip after building the upper deck structure(the ship mentioned in my last post about this did) and below-deck equipment(AI, material/ammo stores, turret housing), with no nose-lift. Currently no weapons, but I don't expect them to destabilize the design. Used a protruding keel and 2m slopes to widen the hull(horizontally). The front looks like a penis head somehow, and the paint job is terrible.

I'm not sure if it matters much, but I also used two reduction gears per propeller instead of one. Learned the hard way that you need a propeller shaft in between each reduction gear.

EDIT: Added main guns, three 2-gun turrets firing 120x1200mm HESH rounds(GP,GP,GP,GP,GP,GP,Base Bleeder,Stabilizer Fin,HE,HE,HE,Squash). Damage tests against a Marauder and Bastion were impressive. Despite only at 120mm gauge(one increaser), the otherwise durable armor of the Bastion showed multi-layer breaching on some shots, especially on the inner armor layer around its AI core.

Only performance loss noted came from having to shrink the boiler compartment slightly to fit the rear turret, which reduced the ship's max speed to 14m/s despite the engine still putting out around triple the power the propellers say need for maximum speed. Only things left are the detection suite, and the addition of an additional weapon: an AA autocannon. Also, still need to do a survivability test; everything above the waterline is paper for sure, but at least below deck should be hard to damage.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:26:50 pm by Akura »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: November 19, 2018, 02:14:56 pm »

Pics of cool shipbuilding plz
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 708