Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272418 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9030 on: November 20, 2018, 06:32:27 am »

Pics of cool shipbuilding plz

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Added AA cannon; a dual-barrel 30mm flak gun with a steady output. Added radar tower, and added that applique armor.

Did a live combat test against a Bastion. Other than a direct hit shearing off the AA gun, the only real damage was the applique armor - the alloy walls underneath it were largely unharmed. Hits at the waterline bounced off or simply failed to damage. I also don't know how, but I managed to disable the Bastion's cannons very quickly, despite the front one at least being intact when I got close enough to examine it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9031 on: November 22, 2018, 03:52:02 am »

Somewhere along the line, I appear to have become competent with Lian. Might actually be able to fill DPS once in a while without it being all but a throw pick.

Paladins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: November 22, 2018, 02:24:05 pm »

Just defeated a full enemy stack packed with elite units with my own not-even-full stack of heavily damaged units.

Because Sword of Khaine is absurd, especially on an already killy Lord like Noctilus.

Total War: Warhammer 2 (as Vampire Coast (Noctilus) vs Lizardmen (Mazdamundi))
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: November 22, 2018, 02:28:21 pm »

I'm doing a forced Vlad/Isabella/Mannfred game and I just manipulated Kemmler into confederating via money and doubled my territory almost.

TWW2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:21 pm »

Double-post because wall of zombies.

A wall of zombies stretching with the Great Ocean to the furthest eastern mountains. Miles think, with sucking bogs and darkened skies, they stand alongside men and dwarves, vampires and the occasional orc, a bulwark against the inevitable invasion of Chaos.

I let the Empire keep Altdorf and some minor holdings, Brettonia holds the tip of their peninsula (heh) and no more, and I stretch from Lyonesse to Gnashrak's Lair.

TWW2

Edit: 398 orcs versus 257 undead resulted in 200 orcs escaping and no redead.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:45:24 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: November 24, 2018, 12:17:50 am »

Got every last rare metal in Mega Man X8, which is a true accomplishment.  Some of them required some insanely painful things like taking ride armor through the whole stage, and if you failed to do the timing, jumping and punching in the exact right way, you have to exit the stage and reenter it because if you die you restart after where you can pick up the ride armor.  Every failure meant a ~2 minute delay to try again.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: November 24, 2018, 05:40:48 pm »

Using a Support Gunner class mod that basically means I literally cannot fire any gun short of an actual machine gun or SMG fast enough to have less than full ammo at any time. And that's in addition to several useful skill boosts.

Also going through the first DLC(main quest done), using a shotgun with around 55x6 damage with explosive effect, a high fire rate(still lower than ammo regen), and a generous magazine size. And the enemies in the first DLC are zombies. I started the DLC with a shotgun proficiency of 3, it's around 9 now and I've only started. I've also been using a 2-round revolver(now 3 rounds due to skill points) for most of the game, with a damage stat of around 250, and with an explosive effect that essentially doubles that. I've found a few revolvers with a higher damage, but nothing with explosive(or any other elemental) so the actual damage is less. It was a time-limited shop item that nearly cleaned out all my cash at the time, but it's been so worth it. Like, one-shotting Crimson Lance Infantry worth it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: November 24, 2018, 06:17:49 pm »

Revolvers are OP in Blands 1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: November 24, 2018, 07:51:52 pm »

Heh. Everything is if you get a good one :P.

Speaking of, replaced that revolver a short while ago with one with 452 damage. No explosive, but the damage is still higher. Slight accuracy loss and still two rounds, but meh. Also swapped out my previous sniper rifle for a Jakobs-model 600-damage one with a slightly higher accuracy than the previous. And the shotgun I mentioned, just replaced that with a non-explosive one, but does 103x9 damage, has a tighter spread and a larger magazine - this shotgun killed the DLC final boss in less than a minute. I've always felt that the shotgun is the natural predator to the zombie.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: November 25, 2018, 09:07:54 am »

You haven't fought my continent-spanning nigh-infinite army of zombies obviously.
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: November 25, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »

It's so weird having to tolerate 4 enemy bases on the globe.  Even the Trader's Guild base has Marsec Operatives roaming around with gauss weaponry and *intense* armor.  Not to mention the Guildmaster, who I haven't managed to even wound yet...  we've been doing kobold-style raids, grabbing bits of tech we can't even use.  Yet.  so pretty

But we finally got a good score, a large cargo vessel caught completely intact as it landed!  Spacious hull, engines rich with hellerium (sic), navigation AI, and we even captured the Guild engineer alive! 

I just can't help but feel silly about the actual cargo...
300 individually wrapped soylent.  We're basically building an assault craft out of a glorified semi-trailer.
yarrr

X-Piratez
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: November 25, 2018, 11:44:42 pm »

That's what playing as pirates should be like.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: November 26, 2018, 12:33:20 am »

Beat Champion Gundyr on my first try fighting him ever.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:35:12 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:00 am »

Started out wanting to build a dagger deck. Real simple idea, get lots of dagger cards and the dagger fate thing, that makes it so playing a dagger draws another card. So I proceeded through the game getting basically all the daggers and blowing all the monies on upgrading daggers.

Five floors in, I'm full up on fate slots and the dagger fate never showed up.

Alright, I says to myself. Screw you anyway. Plan Hobo Knife Fight is still a go.

And so I kept getting daggers and blowing money on upgrading daggers.

One (final) floor later and I've shanked the everything with my excessive amount of daggers, ruining the final boss in about three turns, taking no damage whatsoever from it. Welp.

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: November 28, 2018, 06:53:21 am »

HECK YEAH! I made it to Canada for the first time!
Unfortunately my self-insert character died heroically to keep the team alive in the second-last battle... but still, it was awesome, eh? Also one of my IRL friends was amongst the survivors, and he went on to make buttloads of money after inventing a poutine-powered car engine. Sweet.   
[INSERT CLICHÉD CANADIAN EXPRESSION OF RADNESS HERE]   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 708