Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275509 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9045 on: November 28, 2018, 12:35:02 pm »

Started out wanting to build a dagger deck. Real simple idea, get lots of dagger cards and the dagger fate thing, that makes it so playing a dagger draws another card. So I proceeded through the game getting basically all the daggers and blowing all the monies on upgrading daggers.

Five floors in, I'm full up on fate slots and the dagger fate never showed up.

Alright, I says to myself. Screw you anyway. Plan Hobo Knife Fight is still a go.

And so I kept getting daggers and blowing money on upgrading daggers.

One (final) floor later and I've shanked the everything with my excessive amount of daggers, ruining the final boss in about three turns, taking no damage whatsoever from it. Welp.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: November 28, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »

The bandages are because he keeps cutting himself, right?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: November 28, 2018, 01:14:48 pm »

I had something like 4 units of Axedwarfs, 2 of longbeards, 2 hammerers and maybe 3 or 4 of Archersdwarves. The enemy(gren-skins) had a massive number advantage (and strong units as well).The only advantage I had was the walls. They were sieging my town. I had my archers stationed on the walls. 2 Axedwarfs on the walls protecting them and the rest by the gates. Towers on the walls and they unleashed a LIVING HELL on those soldiers on the wall, forcing me to retreat to the central plaza. Once there, my soldiers held the ground like beasts, killing every green-skin that would dare approach the plaza. In the end I had something like 500 green-skins dead (They had 500) while I lost 150 dwarves (I had 200). Jesus Christ, that was an awesome battle to watch...

Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: November 28, 2018, 01:29:32 pm »

The bandages are because he keeps cutting himself, right?
She*, iirc, but maybe. Sadly, a shiv deck doesn't have quite the same feel. Mostly because upgraded daggers in FH are brutal on an individual level, whereas StS shivs are... less so. At least without multiple Aims played or somethin', anyway. Still can be pretty fun so long as you don't end up drawing the time jackass as your final boss.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: November 28, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »

I imagine that at this point the Silent doesn't really notice when she accidentally cuts herself.
Shivs do feel a little dinky, but it can feel good to just flood your hand with them and lay waste. Overall the Silent is more about stacking defense and laughing at the enemy's attacks as they slowly die from the hundreds and hundreds of poisoned blades you've stuck into them. I prefer Ironclad, who transforms into demons repeatedly, stacks ungodly amounts of strength, and then whacks the enemy to death with a few blows. I am a simple man. I see strength build, I like.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: November 28, 2018, 03:05:33 pm »

I suck so bad playing First Person Shooters because it used to give me headaches, but my PC is better and I'm cool with fps games.

So I played Call of Duty Black Ops 4, in some random Quad (team of 4). 
I still suck, that I died early on, but my team mates were great so I continue to spectate. 

The part where I *own* was my team won 1st.  I now have some "calling card" for winning a game with 0 kills and 0 damage. 

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: November 28, 2018, 06:57:41 pm »

For me Silent is about finding the right relic and wiping an encounter on the first turn without actually attacking.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: November 29, 2018, 02:12:02 am »

If we're sharing StS stories, I pulled off what might be my boringest win earlier this week... followed by an identical most ignominious defeat ever.

As The Silent, I got an Unceasing Top in the middle of Act 1, which cemented by plan to run a lightweight deck. Then, from A1's boss, I pulled a Grand Finale. I spent the remainder of the time stripping my deck down as far as possible, and ended up with 2 powers and an Endless Agony halfway through A3. Which meant I was now dropping Grand Finale every single turn, endlessly. Ayup.

So I decided to repeat that build in an Endless custom game, modded to the gills. On my fourth pass around, I get that ? event where you're falling, and you have to decide what card to remove. And I'm forced to give up my Grand Finale. Needless to say, entering the following combat with no cards Did Not Go Well.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: November 29, 2018, 03:14:28 pm »

yeah you generally want your deck to have cards in it
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: November 29, 2018, 11:44:39 pm »

While I don't think you could finish the game with a 0-card deck, I bet you could do it with no cards in your active deck... load up on some strong powers and hope for the best. (No exhaust cards, because that'd be too easy.)
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: November 30, 2018, 02:18:37 am »

All I've got is playing Defect, getting the power where lightning hits everyone and then a dozen copies of the one where you make lightning if you get hit.  That's the only way I can think of to make that concept work.

There's very few powers that can kill enemies, especially if its your only source of damage.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:53 am »

I was thinking Combust or Noxious Fumes for damage... if we're playing on Custom and engineering for this, then it'd be possible to stack fairly large amounts of certain cards, all the relevant artifacts, and a high base HP. I was around 250 and lasted maybe 10 turns-- the HP was from copious use that +2maxhp instead of a card artifact. Or maybe get a jumpstart on it by adhering to the letter of rules (if not spirit, in my opinion) by using a ton of A Thousand Cuts followed by random other powers to whittle it down first, before sitting there with a 0-card active deck.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: November 30, 2018, 01:35:26 pm »

For me Silent is about finding the right relic and wiping an encounter on the first turn without actually attacking.

Tingsha+unceasing top.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: November 30, 2018, 07:43:18 pm »

I was happy to get a 85% score on my OpenTTD game with my multiple transport systems

But the AI wasn't happy, he decided to get the last word on my airport

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: November 30, 2018, 08:30:07 pm »

United all of Ireland in ONE generation, as Duke of Mumu--next stop, Britannia!

CKII
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:51:45 pm by RickRollYou2 »
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 708