Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274157 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9075 on: December 02, 2018, 08:59:57 pm »

Took the Outstanding Builder trait. Normally when building something, every time the builder hits the building with a tool, it uses one building material and adds it to the building(adds two on a critical hit, the extra is free). With Outstanding Builder, if you are personally constructing it, then every time you hit the building, there's a 1% of the entire rest of it being built instantly for free. The only downside is that if after taking the trait, you only get half the spent resources if you cancel the building(much like if you demolish a finished one), and this hardly an issue.

I was building a large-ish indoor multi-workshop to replace the haphazard outdoor arrangement, and built up nearly all the (fairly expensive) workshop tables using this ability, creating resources I didn't even have.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: December 03, 2018, 09:52:35 am »

My wife was riding along with some game to feed the camp when she saw three prisoners on a chain gang gank their watchers. She fired on them and leapt off her horse. They died but a stray round fatally wounded her horse, Rosemarie.

She put her down and bought a new horse, spending the last of her money. She lamented to me how she was broke and I told her to check her inventory.

"I am so broke! All I have are these two enormous bars of solid gold!"

We had a good laugh over that one.

RDR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: December 04, 2018, 09:31:51 am »

Just think -- in Red Dead Online, those two gold bars are worth a whole $5! /s
Black lives matter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: December 04, 2018, 10:21:35 am »

Just think -- in Red Dead Online, those two gold bars are worth a whole $5! /s

Good thing I don't play online.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: December 04, 2018, 07:16:12 pm »

Had an almost perfect run with my least favourite class, almost managed to kill the past even :C

It started off super shittily and I bought the banner for no particular reason, as it turned out it made the run amazing. Along the way I picked up the super space turtle and the pig, as well as the charmed bow, all of which benefit from the banner buff. But then it got better, I got the science gun, which made the pig fire pretty powerful shots, then I got the pink guon stone which further buffed the charm bow and the angry bullets which meant I could charm two enemies with a single shot at times. The best part tho was getting the yellow chamber (I actually unlocked it this very run and it dropped shortly afterwards) which made the space turtle super strong and scary, my pig died along the way tho which kinda sucked, but what that did was make sure that the baby good mimic I found in the fifth chamber would copy the goddamn terror turtle. I barely did anything in the dragun fight, it was double-teamed by the damn turtle team of doom. Managed to put together the bullet too, shame I got sloppy in the past kiling bit tho, not sure if I'll have this good of a run anytime soon.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: December 04, 2018, 09:00:54 pm »

Finally, FINALLY finished all maps on Legend difficulty in Vermintide 2, both base game and DLC. Did them as various flavours of Kerillian, so no fancy skin, but whatever. It is done.

The very last one, War Camp was something. The game threw everything at us (I should note it was me, my friend, and two pubbies (party comp was Waystalker, Ironbreaker, Foot Knight, Pyromancer)). Hordes that never ended. A Chaos patrol that bugged in the middle of a tight area. Every single special non-stop in quick succession. Multiple Chaos Warriors during Böddvar Ribspreader's boss fight. It didn't matter. We just smoothily cut our way through the map, wrecked the boss and strolled to the Bridge of Shadows.

Best damn match I ever played in the game.

Warhammer Fantasy: Vermintide 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:03 pm »

In the first victory of glorious war, kicked the Brownpants out of Keepsake Bay.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: December 07, 2018, 12:02:19 am »

I started off with the clothes on my back, a pistol, some basic supplies, and a few good men willing to die for the cause.

Presently, I've got a party of over twenty soldiers, most of them equipped with rifles and capable of tearing through the lower-level bandit groups without much trouble.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: December 07, 2018, 06:44:49 am »

I have acquired the Sword of Khaine from foolish Alarielle. Glory to Archaon! Glory to Chaos!

I'm about to run a one man train on the entire Island of Ulthuan for starters.

TWW2
He's fucking with us.

Hotfire90

« Reply #9084 on: December 07, 2018, 02:31:20 pm »

Climbed a mountain and I've only died 1333 times.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: December 08, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: December 08, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »

Playing the Singleton event. My opponent has been having a bit of a rough game already - they missed their third land drop, and haven't cast anything but a Llanowar Elf that I reluctantly Banefired to keep them low on mana. I'm assuming at this point that they've got a hand of big green fatties just waiting to be deployed, and that I'll be overrun in a turn or two.

Then, out of nowhere, they cast Sylvan Awakening, turning all their lands into indestructible creatures so they can push a few points of damage. Normally, this would be a safe, if silly, play - it gives you a bunch of 2/2s for a turn, and seeing as how they're indestructible, they usually don't die.

Unluckily for them, I proceed to Vraska's Contempt one during combat, and then on my turn Plaguecrafter their empty board, forcing them to sacrifice a second. Now, this was probably an incorrect play - I turned two of my best removal options into Stone Rains and didn't have enough power on board to threaten lethal before they had a chance to rebuild. But sometimes the flashy play beats the correct play, and my opponent snap-conceded when I dropped them to three mana on turn 6.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: December 08, 2018, 07:52:15 pm »

Killed Elijah, walked out of the Sierra Madre, and will never ever see it again.

Thank fuck.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: December 08, 2018, 10:18:38 pm »

I dunno, I like just trapping him inside there... That way I can swing around every now and then, tune in to the radio channel, and listen to him rambling inside his tomb.

But then again, I'm also the kind of guy who smuggles every last bar out of the vault... And then just keeps them sitting around as a memento instead of selling them.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: December 08, 2018, 11:39:53 pm »

I dunno, I like just trapping him inside there... That way I can swing around every now and then, tune in to the radio channel, and listen to him rambling inside his tomb.

But then again, I'm also the kind of guy who smuggles every last bar out of the vault... And then just keeps them sitting around as a memento instead of selling them.

I'm given to understand you can't smuggle all of the bars out without carrying them in Elijah's decapitated head.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 708