Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272137 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9090 on: December 09, 2018, 01:11:21 am »

You can if your carryweight and stealth are high enough.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: December 09, 2018, 07:23:00 am »

I was heavily encumbered coming out of there, but with judicious application of drugs (turbo) and savescumming, I was able to make it out in time.

You just have to be a bit careful, because the triggers don't necessarily make sense. You can be completely undetected when walking out, but if you move before he's all the way at the console then the shutdown will trigger anyways.

I don't remember all the details too clearly, I just remember a lot of quickloading, a lot of consumables, and a lot of swearing.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: December 09, 2018, 07:39:39 am »

Had a very silly game just now. Cranked up the starting tech level to 40(reaching ~20 takes hours with an established empire) and opened all research. The enemy started with ships at scale 150k. I built up a couple of ringworlds, and mass-produced ships of scale 1048576(I like using 2^x for ship sizes). Most of the enemy ship losses were actually caused by my ships carrying a pair of scale 1.0 Mind Sappers, which is more than enough to instantly brain-dead the crews such puny ships.

After I get the notification the enemy is wiped out(not really, they still had actively fighting ships), I celebrate by detonating the star... which did absolutely nothing, even to the unshielded space station right next to it. So I decided to detonate the galactic core. After building a hundred more scale 1048576 ships which literally took one second from a ringworld, and opened fire. The resulting explosion set off a chain reaction in every other star in the galaxy, resulting in a cascade of supernovas across space... and did a couple billion points(out of ~150 billion) of damage to the shields of the ships right next to the singularity collapse, and was regenerated before even half of the galaxy finished exploding.

Oddly enough, very few planets were even affected by the chain reaction, none were destroyed that I could tell and only a handful were even damaged. Only major consequence is the permanent loss of jump drive function(which requires a star to lock on to).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: December 09, 2018, 08:33:56 am »

"We killed every star in the galaxy. It was a mild inconvenience."

I killed Malekith and Morathi and both their armies in one battle, with one stack of (mostly chosen and manticores) Chaos and Archaon.

Get the Sword of Khaine for Archaon. He's basically invincible and I haven't got his armor yet.

TWW2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hotfire90

« Reply #9094 on: December 09, 2018, 06:41:06 pm »

Completed the B-Side of the first three chapters, I already miss having a floor to stand on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: December 10, 2018, 12:34:17 am »

First ever run using the Defect, and I won!

(Of course, I may have cheated a bit by watching hours and hours of the game before ever playing it.)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: December 10, 2018, 04:27:57 pm »

Rip and tear

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: December 11, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

Landed on and returned from the Mun with my crew and experiments intact for first time ever. I feel so proud of myself. I can into space!!

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: December 11, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »

I hope you rode something more substantial than a can into space.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: December 11, 2018, 05:05:09 pm »

No no no, he said "I can into space", meaning he can use an into to propel himself towards outer space.

And "into" is just Nito turned slightly inside-out, and since Nito is a powerful death-titan, that means he used the insides of a giant death titan for his orbital vessel.

Which is perfectly substantial and makes more sense than necessary.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: December 11, 2018, 05:21:16 pm »

Clearly you know nothing of Kerbal Space Program.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: December 11, 2018, 07:39:57 pm »

You take all your used bean cans, fill 'em up with solid rocket fuel, and weld 'em to the bottom of your crew-can which you bought off ebay.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: December 11, 2018, 08:08:16 pm »

You bought it off eBay?  Definitely a high roller there; we just used parts we found lying by the side of the road.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:40 pm »

There just aren't too many cans large enough for crew lying around here. You need a pretty developed space program nearby before you can scavenge crash sites.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: December 11, 2018, 08:39:21 pm »

There just aren't too many cans large enough for crew lying around here. You need a pretty developed space program nearby before you can scavenge crash sites.

That's what tin snips and duct tape is for---just get a few cans and then make one that's large enough.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 708