Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260013 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9120 on: December 21, 2018, 06:42:20 am »

I killed five Lemoyne Raiders in their camp with one round of deadeye.

Then I slit the throats of the two who were away. The last one saw me coming, the poor fuck.

RDR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: December 21, 2018, 10:07:39 am »

I harvested the shit outta that canola field. Now it's time to spread shit onto the field.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #9122 on: December 21, 2018, 10:12:42 am »

Completed the first two C-Sides. I even managed to complete the first one with less than 100 deaths.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: December 21, 2018, 05:24:21 pm »

Despite level deficiencies, took my team all the way to the finish. The final matchup was Typhlosion vs Lance's Charizard. What does Charizard do when faced with a Thunderpunch that removes half of its HP? Hyper Beam. The move that freezes it in place for a turn to get punched in the face again.

And thankfully, the battery lasted until the game autosaves.

I harvested the shit outta that canola field. Now it's time to spread shit onto the field.

Heh, if you're relying on actual shit to fertilize your field, remember that canola leaves no hay(at least, in FS13 and 15, and I assume 19 is the same), so you won't have anything to feed your cows to produce fertilizer.

EDIT: Made a full trip through the Aurora, including picking up the blueprints for the PRAWN, the Neptune, and also repairing the drive core. Had a close encounter with a Reaper - and by close I mean I saw it on the very edge of my visibility swimming the other way and that is too damn close.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:35:59 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: December 22, 2018, 12:50:01 am »

I apparently revived my squad's two snipers often enough, they both separately decided they were willing to run up and revive me no matter where I died.  Teamwork makes the dream work.

We still lost, but we lost as the closest squad to the final objective.  So it was a moral victory.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: December 22, 2018, 07:00:06 pm »

Secured the final blueprints for the Cyclops, was only missing the engine section. Two of the engine pieces required swimming very uncomfortably close to a Reaper Leviathan.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: December 22, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »

As a suggestion? Grab the PRAWN first. PRAWN is massively useful in a number of situations, and once you get the grappling hooks it's actually very mobile. The Cyclops is mostly a glorified PRAWN taxi for the times when you don't have full ion cells yet and/or don't feel like undersea Tarzan'ing your way from A to B, and really only comes into its own much later in the game once you've got a bunch of upgrades and spare materials.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: December 23, 2018, 09:50:08 am »

As a suggestion? Grab the PRAWN first. PRAWN is massively useful in a number of situations, and once you get the grappling hooks it's actually very mobile. The Cyclops is mostly a glorified PRAWN taxi for the times when you don't have full ion cells yet and/or don't feel like undersea Tarzan'ing your way from A to B, and really only comes into its own much later in the game once you've got a bunch of upgrades and spare materials.

Due to the cheaper cost of the Cyclops, I had to build it first. Then I used it to establish a scanning base in the bulb zone for ruby. Got a decent supply, enough to finish the PRAWN, and a few other things down the line.

Hotfire90

« Reply #9128 on: December 23, 2018, 04:19:39 pm »

Completed all of the C-Sides.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: December 24, 2018, 09:59:35 pm »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: December 25, 2018, 06:06:44 am »

Fun fact; the Cyclops is the only vehicle you can construct which is actually invisible.

If the power is off, there is only one single critter in the game that can detect it without physically bumping into it, and that's the lava larva. Everything else is completely blinded by the giant brightly-colored stealth submarine.

When you're puttering around, critters will only detect it based on how much sound it's making. They still can't "see" it like they can see you when you're swimming or in a different vehicle. This results in some funny occasions where large animals will literally swim into the sub and bonk their heads on the hull.

Note that animals (even tamed ones) will reflexively attack anything that gets shoved in their face, so it's possible to still get hit when the power's off by virtue of them bumping into the sides, but they can't properly aggro the sub and make repeated assaults. So if you're in leviathan-heavy waters, one of the safest things you can do is to actually take the keys out of the ignition and just sit there like a dead duck.

Otherwise, the energy shield blocks 100% of damage and silent running is also pretty good. Be aware that the thermal generator for the Cyclops is made out of repurposed ass and is entirely incapable of recharging the power cells. You're better off just installing another energy efficiency module (last I checked, they did actually stack. May not be the case anymore though).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: December 25, 2018, 09:53:30 am »

Be aware that the thermal generator for the Cyclops is made out of repurposed ass and is entirely incapable of recharging the power cells. You're better off just installing another energy efficiency module (last I checked, they did actually stack. May not be the case anymore though).

Engine Efficiency doesn't stack according to wiki, and I'm disputing that the thermal reactor is completely useless.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: December 25, 2018, 11:15:29 am »

Finally finished the game in the same run that I got the Spider Rune. Assault Shield (paired with mutations that reduced cooldown and healed on parry) pretty much carried me to victory.

Dead Cells.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: December 25, 2018, 12:37:31 pm »

Be aware that the thermal generator for the Cyclops is made out of repurposed ass and is entirely incapable of recharging the power cells. You're better off just installing another energy efficiency module (last I checked, they did actually stack. May not be the case anymore though).

Engine Efficiency doesn't stack according to wiki, and I'm disputing that the thermal reactor is completely useless.

Well then there must have been a post-release patch that massively upgraded it, because it used to have an efficiency of about 0.05 points per second when sitting in a lava zone hotspot, rendering it effectively pointless. The prawn generator has always been decent, but of course nothing matches the hilarity of the seamoth solar panel.

The engine efficiency has both stacked and not stacked through the years, but the wiki has always said that it doesn't. It's possible they changed their minds and made it non-stacking again, but the wiki has always been a teensy bit neglected.

If it does actually charge now, that's great... beats having to keep a locker full of spare ion cells whenever you go somewhere.

...I still think that ideally, the Cyclops should have a large room hardpoint in it, so you could just slam a biogenerator or nuclear engine in there... But eh.

Can you still block reaper attacks by holding a fish? That used to be fun.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:16 am »

Completed an entire Arcade run without getting a game-over, which is actually a first for me.

Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 708