Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273865 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9135 on: December 27, 2018, 01:36:58 pm »

burnt through most of the campaign as snake when i unlocked him. on hard.
for crib-somewhat-spoilery notes, the story involves running around doing fights. except each of these fights as a condition that works against you, like the opposing fighter starts with a permanent beamblade and does twice the damage with pickups. yikes. oh, more fun, its a stamina battle which means you have little choice but to beat him down, and he starts with 50 more hp than you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: December 27, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

Finally got a win outside a daily. As the Ironclad specifically, but like mentioned it was the first non-daily win. Ended up with around 65 strength.

Slay the Spire
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:19 am »

burnt through most of the campaign as snake when i unlocked him. on hard.
for crib-somewhat-spoilery notes, the story involves running around doing fights. except each of these fights as a condition that works against you, like the opposing fighter starts with a permanent beamblade and does twice the damage with pickups. yikes. oh, more fun, its a stamina battle which means you have little choice but to beat him down, and he starts with 50 more hp than you.

Does Ultimate have the same kind of dumb unlock conditions that Melee did? Like "leave the GameCube on overnight in order to get mewtwo"?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: December 28, 2018, 02:39:25 pm »

Does Ultimate have the same kind of dumb unlock conditions that Melee did? Like "leave the GameCube on overnight in order to get mewtwo"?

not dumb, but tedious. you have to spend 10 minutes playing in matches, with a 10 minute cooldown between unlocks. happily, someone found the way to exploit this which you can search for but it's only a little exploitery cuz the games been patched twice and they haven't removed this method for rapid unlocking
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: December 29, 2018, 06:21:09 am »

Dark Giggle, a virus that initially caused nausea and coughing, eventually evolved to bring coma, insanity, and finally total organ failure, wiped out the world in a year and a half. At its peak, worldwide deaths were nearly 200 million daily.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: January 01, 2019, 06:34:11 pm »

Double, but this was a pretty good one.

The seaport at Kavala had long been a problem for operations in the area around Kavala. It had a large garrison, 2-3 squads, and plenty of sight range around the port and across the bay. It had only one main entrance, well covered by the enemy. The worst was the attack boat parked at the seaport, which would shred any frontal assault(first-hand experience) from a position where itself was protected from attack.

A two-part assault, one part consisting of me, an autorifleman, and a medic, all in a machine gun-equipped truck, and the other a mortar team at an outpost about 1.5km away. First phase of the attack was to park the truck just a bit from the south side of the bay(seaport was the north side), and called in several mortar strikes on enemy positions spotted with my binoculars. Then I took out my MAAWS AT launcher and put a 75mm HEAT rocket into the side of that attack boat(a 300m-400m shot). A random street patrol nearly screwed the mission, wounding both my team members, but it wasn't serious damage. I call in some more mortar strikes for good measure since I saw some more enemy troops standing and some more on my map.

Getting to the seaport, I had no resistance. Nothing but bodies, dozens of them. The mortars cleaned the place out. I can only surmise that the enemies marked on my map were wounded, only to be finished off by direct mortar hits. There was one random rifleman who popped his head up only for it to be blown off by the truck's .50cal. Apparently the display was enough for Kavala to change its allegiance to my faction. The only other enemy stronghold left in the city is Kavala Kastro(castle).

While I was looting the base's ammo crate(rebreathers and scuba gear, neat), I hear an enemy helicopter flying in. It's a transport, carrying a full force to counterattack. I fire a rocket into it and the truck's gunner shoots a few bullets at it, forcing it to the ground. I had expected the rocket to destroy it, but that's fine. About half the troops on the helicopter surrendered immediately, while the pilots and the rest of them tried to fight and were immediately put down. Since the helicopter was now empty and only disabled, I tried using the commander menu to send it to the faction garage. It worked. The resistance now owns an armored transport helicopter.

In short, we took over Kavala, one of the largest cities in Altis, secured the vital seaport, captured a helicopter, took almost a dozen prisoners(they were released, which I think gives you HR points), and took NO losses. And did this with only 5 men - two of whom were the support unit and one of whom was me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: January 02, 2019, 05:16:24 am »

Had my first successful run with the Defect. It started really slow, with a random collection of cards that seemingly hardly worked together. There was a distinct lack of both offensive and defensive cards, but during the fight with Slime Boss I realized what I had - a budding Storm deck.

It really started taking shape in the second chapter after I got two additional Storm cards and a few other power cards. I didn't have a way to gain focus, but I managed to chew through the Collector by channeling electrodynamics-enhanced lightning orbs three at a time with every power card played.

In the third chapter things got out of hand. I finally got some focus giving cards, free cards that turned into free power cards, cards that gave me power cards every turn. I also had an item that made me retain my hand, so I didn't have to worry about wasting damage potential.
The fight with Time Eater was wild. How about I use another storm, channeling two lightning plus four extra lightning for storms I already used? How about I do it twice? At some point I had no idea what was going on, I just knew I had to channel more lightning.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: January 02, 2019, 06:12:40 am »

Moar lightning. MOAR.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: January 02, 2019, 07:09:54 am »

Atlas
It feels very, very good to stand at the helm under full sails, - on the ship built and customized yourself.

Yes, this game:
•   Had a horrible launch
•   Is ‘just’ a big reskin of Ark
•   Has so much combat-lag that it can feel like blind fighting.
But:
•   It’s a 20 EUR game, not 40 or 60.
•   There is no lag when doing server-independent stuff, - which is most of the time.
•   What you build can look quite good.
•   And again, - it really feels pretty good to be at the helm under full sails on a vast ocean.  :)

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: January 02, 2019, 09:19:13 am »

Farmed an Oni-goroshi. Took my entire day off and a portion of my sanity but i got it. A 6link, level scaling sword that powers up when i ignite enemies (even tho it kills me too)? Worth.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: January 02, 2019, 11:26:01 am »

Thanks to some mission-related bullshit, I ended up with a $20 bounty in West Elizabeth, and I've been hounded by bounty hunters when hunting pelts ever since.

I was just on my way to grab a couple boar hides when my horse tipped me off to another pair of hunters coming to get me. I immediately dove into cover and watched them approach from my hiding place.

They hadn't seen me yet, but they knew I was in the area... They split up to start searching for me, and that's when I struck. With a bit of caution and some tactically located boulders, I was able to freely lasso and hogtie both the hunters with barely a scratch on either myself or them.

I'd taken everything out of their pockets and was walking away from them, both tied up and angrily grumbling next to each other on the ground, when I thought about trying to see if I could talk to them. I walked back over, looked at the one, and saw that my options were "Defuse" and "Antagonize".

○ Antagonize

"Are you having fun?"

○ Antagonize

"I'm having fun."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: January 02, 2019, 12:00:22 pm »

That sounds much more functional than the ARMA 2 single player content.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: January 02, 2019, 07:30:32 pm »

Got my very first draft victory, going 7-2 with a BGU control deck. Basic gameplay loop was to slam down cheap deathtouch guys and trade aggressively in the early game so I could stall until I had half my deck in my graveyard with recursion from a couple of Rare sorceries to give me card advantage and my choice of card for the situation. I think it's my favorite color combo, since my first constructed deck I built from scratch was pretty similar but with more premium recursion from Muldrotha, the Gravetide and Journey to Eternity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: January 03, 2019, 04:21:23 am »

○ Antagonize

"Are you having fun?"

○ Antagonize

"I'm having fun."

Finally, a game that lets you talk to the monsters. And be terribly snarky at them.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: January 03, 2019, 12:18:31 pm »

Red Dead Redemption 2: The friendly spaghetti western where nobody has to die
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 708