Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272457 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9150 on: January 03, 2019, 09:52:02 pm »

Took over the castle near Kavala - solo. Bought a mortar, and a quadbike. Disassembled the mortar and packed it into the quadbike's inventory(it barely fit), drove it to the objective. Assembled the mortar, and blanketed the place with shells. Ran in to deal with any survivors - there was exactly 3. One surrendered, one was a completely unaware mortarman, and the last went full auto when he saw me, and missed every shot.

...They counterattacked pretty hard for that one. They took over the quarry that was my main income source up to that point, and judging from the messages I was getting there might have been permanent damage to the place. Then their helicopters did an extended flyover of a major outpost that I had placed a 9-man garrison beforehand(just before the attack on Kavala Kastro). Based on the amount of bullets they dropped on the outpost, I'm surprised only three of them died. But to add a note of success to the battle, I did shoot down one of the helicopters with my 75mm MAAWS.

After dropping off the loot crate from the castle, I was informed that I unlocked the Mk200 squad machine gun, plus it's ammunition, in unlimited quantities. Now maybe my autoriflemen will stop spawning with PDWs and SMGs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: January 06, 2019, 05:32:43 am »

Ah nice, I never did get active hunting to work out for me... Always had more luck with trap fences.

The fun thing about the kota is that you can technically just tear it down and pack the furs on a beast of burden, and take your home with you to someplace new so long as you cut down some more young trees for poles. That's always been a personal goal, but actually getting the requisite number of pelts was crazy... I first started trying when you needed three undamaged large pelts per each tile of kota you built, meaning the smallest usable size would require 33 large animal skins. Easier to build a damn cabin...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: January 07, 2019, 10:31:19 am »

I've made all the satchels but two and the Legend of the East. I need more perfect deer hides, a perfect badger, and a perfect iguana.

Accidentally got a perfect panther and raccoon while hunting badgers south of Braithwaite farm last night.

Rdr2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: January 07, 2019, 01:44:05 pm »

Performed my first manned Eve mission. Jesus Christ that was hard.

Kerbal Space Program

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:21 am »

Njerpezit. I'm not sure why that stuck in my head, I haven't played the game in years...

More commonly known as Njerps, redshirts, or (according to the wiki) "archery targets".

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: January 08, 2019, 04:43:27 am »

Also, hunting animals via pursuit predation is easier in the snow since you get to ski on top of it and they have to tire themselves plowing through it.

It might be the vodka, but I'm mildly disappointed that it isn't what I read it as the first time: hunting animals via fursuit... which is somewhere between alluring and horrifyingly disturbing.

I need to dust off my copy of URW; haven't touched it, despite the lifetime license, since they started shifting away from the overmap system. Does it still have the memory problem where you could only have like 255 (or some other programming-related number) distinct items in a single area (which lead to like half my camp disappearing when I zoned)?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: January 08, 2019, 04:54:06 am »

I apparently revived my squad's two snipers often enough, they both separately decided they were willing to run up and revive me no matter where I died.  Teamwork makes the dream work.

We still lost, but we lost as the closest squad to the final objective.  So it was a moral victory.
I really like that feature, honestly. I don't have a PS4 myself so I've only played occasionally at a friend's place, but BF5 is pretty fun.
Woulda been nice if the "drag downed team/squadmates to cover" feature that I remember being mentioned had made it in, though...   

○ Antagonize

"Are you having fun?"

○ Antagonize

"I'm having fun."

That's pretty funny, but it woulda been even better if you'd ditched 'em on the nearest railroad tracks afterwards.
Leaving bounty hunters alive... kind of an evil deed, y'know? :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: January 09, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »

More like "how did 4A Games last own?"

That watch.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:46 pm »

That watch.
I've always wanted that lighter.

I don't even smoke.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: January 09, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »

3 stock Free for all items on. At the end it's down to 2. 3 minutes remain.  I have 1 stock and am at 30%, they have all 3 stocks left and are at 80%.  I'm Pokemon Trainer, they are Link.

Link dies to Squirtle back throw to Ivysaur down air spike, 1 stock.

Link dies to Final smash, 2 stocks.

Link dies to screw attack jump times 2 into charizard Up B. 3 stock.  Game

Yet somehow this link had twice my GSP.  I ended the match at 130%.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate quickplay.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: January 10, 2019, 09:15:12 am »

After ten tries, mostly getting caught but a few instances of alerting someone, running away, and coming back later, I finally stole the penultimate car. The only job in the game that got my heart racing. It was amazing. And now it's over. The only things left to do are ravage the rest of the dude's house over multiple trips so that I can level up enough to unlock the final hacking skill, and then use that skill to break into the final compound and steal the final car.

My favorite part of the game was possibly when my wife first saw me playing.

Mrs. Mephisto: "What are you doing?"

Me, currently on a job to plant a package in some dude's desk: "Reverse stealing." Mephisto places package in the desk "See?"

Mrs. Mephisto: "But after you did that, I saw you steal his computer. So now you're just actually stealing?"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:20:27 am by Mephisto »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:35 pm »

Well... I won't say it was a victory, but it wasn't one for the enemy either.

Remember that land attack on Aggelochori I was having trouble with? Turns out there was and air component to it. Oh yes, indeed. But I'll get back to that.

Previous attempts, I had been attempting to ambush them with 4 large IEDs. This only immobilized the lead APC, if that, and gave them an instant lock-on to my position, even if it is completely illogical to make the connection between a roadside bomb and the location of the face of the guy detonating it. Switched it up with 4 satchel charges instead... which may have been a bit overkill(especially since they're not unlocked yet). Instead of the usual dumbasses I have tagging along, I used the Commander menu to spawn two independent-ish AT squads.

I bring a truck, load it with my goodies: 4 satchel charges, a PCML(Person-Carried Missile Launcher), three field packs carrying 2 missiles each, a Mk200 LMG and another field pack carrying a couple extra boxes of ammo. I used the field packs because I figured it would simplify swapping out stuff once the battle started. They come in different colors/camo patterns so I could color-coordinate them. As a secondary rifle because the Mk200 and PMCL are heavy(impossible to run carrying both and ammo), I grabbed an AKS-74u.

Then I set up the ambush, placing the charges on the road. Stashed the MK200 and extra ammo on the second floor of a building specifically chosen for its good coverage. The AT squads barely made it into position before the enemy APCs started to arrive. Lead APC is well and truly screwed by the satchel charges. Second one takes a missile to the front, but it parked behind the first APC wreck and popped smoke. It wasn't there when the smoke cleared. After that, things got really chaotic, really fast. The first helicopters were arriving.

This time it wasn't as bad as with Panochori, where it was basically Ride of the freaking Valkyries(unless this is your preferred helicopter attack music). Still, there was shooting and explosions all around. I know my AT teams took out at least one landed helicopter. I got pulled away from the fighting behind me by the infantry push coming from in front. Grabbed my Mk200 and began laying fire on whatever enemies I could see. A third(at least) APC showed up and wounded me, but I put a missile into its side hull and destroyed it. Pretty much gave the battle up as lost when I saw jets flying overhead. Like, seriously, jets?! Also, one of my bases reported it too was under attack by a random patrol.

...That said, I got suspicious when I was hearing far more explosions than I think could have come from the helicopters, and it certainly wasn't my AT teams, they wouldn't have had the ammo. Then I remembered that the castle near Kavala had two static mortars set up, and the garrison there was using them to hold off the enemy. Probably completely stopped them from taking Aggelochori entirely. Even better, the last sitreps I got from the AT teams showed, out of 10 men total, only three died, and two more from the base being attacked. Unfortunately, I got flattened by either an airstrike or friendly mortar, but I respawned at HQ and immediately saved. Hopefully when reloading I'll be in a better position. As an added bonus, during the battle, my resource mine reported repairs to the facility, roughly quadrupling my income.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: January 10, 2019, 11:17:34 pm »

That watch.

Huh. So I was curious about the contents, and as it turns out, it's actually not all that pricy for roughly approximate stuff at retail: A 4-tube Nixie watch seems to range from about 300-1200, depending on the source and case, bullet lighters of similar type are available for <20, gas masks range from about 20-300 (mostly the 50s, unless you actually intend to be working with a vat of pesticide...), leather scroll cases are down to around 30 (anything cheaper was either marked as or looked synthetic), and a steel tag is also around 20, custom engraved. ...The cheap watches really don't look as nice, by a longshot, though.

(...And the whole Andrzej Sapkowski/CD Projekt Red controversy lead to another fun offshoot...)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: January 11, 2019, 03:28:13 pm »

-snip-
Just curious, is this with mods?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: January 11, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »

Just the Antistasi scenario, which is self-contained but does integrate at least parts of certain mods into itself.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 708