Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1259895 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9180 on: January 16, 2019, 07:01:01 pm »

So, some easter egg spoilers for RDR2. Don't read ahead if you're planning on grabbing everything in the game and fully expect to be able to do this thing on your own without tearing anyone's hair out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: January 18, 2019, 01:03:48 pm »

Finally completed the Pagan Reformation achievement: It was a long and frustrating road, but now the whole world shall tremble before incestuous Balts!

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: January 18, 2019, 04:10:29 pm »

I got a Tidal Talisman in FFXI-Nasomi.

There was an event, it required not only a bunch of tomfoolery in my home city, but then 5 trips to Jueno and back. I completed it and now can just teleport me and some buds to Jueno. Super useful.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: January 18, 2019, 04:45:10 pm »

Finally managed to win a match in Endless Space 2 despite my mediocrity in 4X-type games. Got a Science Victory as the Vaulters.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: January 18, 2019, 06:41:30 pm »

Received a new treasure map, with directions starting from a shallow cliff that looked vaguely like the profile of a person's face. The location didn't ring any bells, but I started snooping around likely areas based on the vegetation indicated. Looking more closely at the rough grass shading and the tree sketching, I had a little thought in my head say "Hmm... Kinda looks like some of the trees down around Lemoyne", so I headed off in that direction.

Later on I was delivering a fish to a post office in Lemoyne, when I noticed one of the posters decorating the inside of the office:

"See: FACE ROCK the natural mystery
and other famous Lemoyne landmarks!
Experience YOUR HOMELAND'S beauty by rail!"

So I actually noticed one of the subtle little clues they throw around in the game, which is pretty impressive for my distracted ass! From this, I managed to work out that not only was it definitely in Lemoyne like I'd hypothesized, but it must logically be somewhere visible by the railroad.

...that's when I pulled out my map to check the surrounding terrain for potential locations, and noticed that there was actually already marked and written out "Face Rock" on the map, because I'd already been there at least once... While my attention to detail may be on the up-and-up, my memory still clearly isn't all that great. Ah well. Managed to head over there and get the treasure in any case.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: January 18, 2019, 08:16:28 pm »

I've got good news and bad news from my current campaign. Bad news, in the span of about 10 minutes I lost three major strongpoints: a city, a factory/power plant, and a resource pile.

Good news is, I hijacked a frigging tank. And brought it back to base.

EDIT:
Got roped into a commission I can't actually complete. 4 days left, and in order to make the two items I need, I need to:
This? Not only did I manage to pull it off, I did it with time to spare AND completed a number of other commissions in the process.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:38:45 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9186 on: January 19, 2019, 12:08:40 am »

I AM BECOME TIBET
DEVOURER OF WORLDS

This was the 6th attempt. The only thing keeping me from annexing the entirety of China was infamy & truces. Besides the glory of Tibet, I am incredibly pleased with how I managed internal affairs to ensure rebellions were an increasingly rare occurrence despite being transitioning from a theocracy -> absolute monarchy -> fascist dictatorship. I'm more accustomed to rebels falling from the skies like raindrops, to have everyone pleased with my administration whilst I cull millions of them and repurpose their states for tank manufacturing is a first for me. Thus while I fell short of my two goals of turning China Tibetan (the % of Tibetans in the total population was still just 2%, or just under 900k men), or uniting all of China under Tibet, I am happy and complete with this enduring challenge. From a mountain Kingdom of 180k sheep herders the Qing Empire was incinerated

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: January 19, 2019, 05:13:28 am »

Oof, man, Author's Dream's some tough shit even without any Idols, but somehow, I've made it with 5 idols and got an achievement. I can't imagine how tough it'll be with 10 idols.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: January 21, 2019, 12:27:52 pm »

Karl Franz headed east to stem the tide of vampires into his stomping grounds rightful lands, with a full stack of medium tier units and a light mage with exorcism.  He first attacked the Von Carstein faction, taking over a minor settlement with 0 losses to his army.  This put him in a settlement for the rest of the turn, meaning his army would die if he was attacked and lost.

The Vampire Counts and Von Carstein had a defensive alliance.  The Vampire Counts reacted immediately, with about 30 units, the majority pretty advanced like blood knights and grave guard.  At their head was Mannfred von Carlstein, their legendary lord.  What followed was a bloody pitched battle that saw pretty much all of my units pushed to the edge of routing and an Empire Captain killed, but in the end they broke before we did, collapsing into dust.  My unit's health bars were pretty low, but the actual losses were "only" a quarter of my army, which would indicate more soldiers were wounded than were killed.

Then the Von Carstein faction sent their legendary lord, Vlad von Carstein, with a full stack that was half black knights.

Now that battle was a clusterfuck.  I set my crossbowmen and muskets in a line, put my halberdiers in a second line basically inside those units, and pretty much prayed their calvalry charge wouldn't annihilate us.  It didn't, but in the scramble to intercept all the knights my pretty line lost its cohesion and several ranged units ended up melee fighting on their own.  Much like before, my men's will to fight lasted longer than the enemy vampire's ability to maintain his undead and they all collapsed.  However unlike before, we were pretty much losing when that happened.  Two thirds of my army died.

800 men entered the swamps.  In one night (one turn), all but 250 were killed.  Around them were the remains of a couple thousand undead, as well as two legendary lords.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: January 24, 2019, 08:34:14 am »

Clear the first floor, got two blanks left so I enter a random chest room to check for secrets (since I don't have a gun that can reveal the passages it's pretty much blind luck). First one I check is empty, second one gets me a room with 1 brown, 2 blue and one gold chest, all of them unlocked, two great guns, one good passive and a passable active, have a feeling this might be a good run.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: January 24, 2019, 08:50:55 am »

Killed a whole load of wildlife, some of which were intelligent-ish, and stole their things. Which they had stolen from us shortly prior. It was amazing.

You look at My Time at Portia and what you don't see is a dungeon-delving boss battling game. But it handles a light version of that super well. That one dungeon with two bosses was possibly the most fun I've had with the game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:18 am »

You look at My Time at Portia and what you don't see is a dungeon-delving boss battling game. But it handles a light version of that super well. That one dungeon with two bosses was possibly the most fun I've had with the game.
It does slightly annoy me that you actually have to go dungeon-diving for certain things. Probably because the sole music track for combat gets very grating after a while. For much of the game, valves, for instance, come only from the Chemical Dropout boss, and he only drops two. There's other places later on, sure, but for several early quest that you need them for, it's one of the more irritating grinds to go through. It's not even hard, you can easily no-damage the fight once you figure out his attack patterns.

It's also rather interesting how much the Research Center is like the WH40k Adeptus Mechanicus minus human cyber-augmentation. They basically spend all day trying to recover ancient technology from Data Disks(which operate very much like STC fragments), and seem to be utterly incapable of creating anything new for any situation whatsoever - you need some kind of new old-tech to fulfill a request? Hand over some disks and we'll see if there's anything on them that will help. That said, Petra is bae as hell. They also have a significant respect for machine intelligences.

I'm also finding it pretty funny about how a lot of people are screaming about how they recently nerfed fishing income. I've barely touched fishing at all, and I have no issues with money. If all you're doing is sitting on your ass waiting for a fish to bite, you're missing about 95% of the game's content.

EDIT: Handed the mayor my contribution to the upcoming Day of Bright Sun holiday - basically this game's version of Christmas except it's in Spring. The gift was worth the second-best amount of town-wide friendship gain(+10, best is +15). This caused a massive cascading explosion of relationship points, since reaching certain milestones of relationship points will give you bonus points with people related to that person, thus making friends with people can help you make friends with the friends of your friends. So much so, the game scrolled through it too fast for me to see, probably the entire town and then some.

The best part was the mayor's opinion on the gift: "A lot of people will be wanting this. Let's see who the lucky one is."

I gave him a triple-barreled shotgun that shoots poison darts. One that is banned by the church. Firing it for the first time loses -20 relation points from the pastor, Lee, and -10 from Nora, his assistant.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:10:19 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: January 26, 2019, 02:20:05 pm »

I beat Ifrit solo after 4 tries in FFXI.

Ifrit, I'm here to bargain.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: January 26, 2019, 10:32:22 pm »

Took the tank out for a joyride. Drove pretty far behind enemy lines, decided to shoot up the AAF's airbase near Therisa. Surprised by the announcement of actually capturing the airbase. War level went from 7 to 9, skipping 8 entirely(this is... not exactly a good thing). And gained a bit of aggro from CSAT(definitely a bad thing). No armored vehicles appeared, and there wasn't any kind of aircraft stationed at the base. Maybe their endless flock of assault helicopters finally gave out, eh?

I was about to get out of my tank to examine the base's lootbox, when I get missile lock warnings. I tell the driver to move it, and somehow dodged multiple AGMs from a jet doing an airstrike. I(as the tank gunner) turned the turret around and fire a burst from the coaxial MG, which I know hit because I saw a tracer ricochet off. I did not see it turn around, and a short while later hear a distant explosion.

Unfortunately, I died trying to secure an MRAP, meaning I lost the lootbox(had some nice stuff), but not before I stashed the tank away. Shortly after respawning, I get the message that the town of Therisa also joined my side.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: January 27, 2019, 10:10:09 am »

Looks like Paradox have changed some shit regarding banishing/ransoming prisoners: I've successfully spied on several subjects of mine, and not a single one of them has changed their court, resulting in me drowning in money very early game.

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 708