Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260353 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9210 on: January 31, 2019, 12:09:57 pm »

I finally beat the final arena fight in the Colosseum of Fools. I thought I was pretty much doomed at 3 different points in the fight, but I prevailed, beat the giant boss roly-poly and got my reward (I'm a fool).   :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »

("The Gentle Caress of Ultimate Oblivion")

As someone who's read entirely too much FATAL & Friends, I was wondering WTF "Fuck of Ultimate Oblivion" was and where I could get one.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: January 31, 2019, 02:37:30 pm »

Completing that item was Something Awful, I tell ya.
(I forgot that I had to equip the item for 30-40 battles first, to spawn the Lover, then run floor one a couple dozen times to subdue all the non-marksman residents. Since it gets a tiny HIT bonus per level-up from being filled with marksmen.)
Built a craft capable of landing at sea-level on Eve and then returning more effectivy than the massive abomination that I created before. This one costs 500K credits as opposed to over a million credits, which also opens up the possibility of actual profitable Eve missions.

Kerbal Spehss Program
A trip like that inevitably takes a long time, right? Months at least? I did eventually reach Duna last time I played, but it felt weird "skipping" so much time. But it's hard enough for me to make it at all, particularly with payload, much less waste fuel accelerating and decelerating...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: January 31, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »

Depending on planetary alignment, you can get to Eve fairly quickly!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: January 31, 2019, 03:24:18 pm »

I ran into a common sea monster during a ferrying mission, and took half health before I killed it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13:50 am »

Table tech items aren't terribly great for the most part since they aren't reliable, especially in bossfights where no tables are usually present, and the table spawning active isn't that great either since it has like 3 uses, and takes the spot of a potenitally much more useful item.

Regardless, sometimes you can get a couple of them (yay synergy drops), that won't have an explicit synergy, but will work wonderfully together. In this case it all started with table tech money which flips all the tables in the room and adds some cash drops to them. It was followed by table tech blanks, which triggers a blank effect whenever a table is flipped, so trigger one flip and you chain a bunch of blanks in quick succession. Then I got the beehive which actually has a synergy with the blank effect in that instead of destroying enemy bullets, it turns them into fucking bees that then go and attack enemies for a little while. Last one I managed to get was rockets, which launches any flipped tables forwards until they explode on impact.

The only real gamebreaking thing I was missing was one of the ammolets which add further effects to blanks, which would make any room with enough tables a single button clear in most cases xD

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: February 03, 2019, 10:20:25 am »

Gave in and downloaded it again. A few months away, and I actually did pretty well. Somehow found myself behind an NC tank line in my Lightning, was damaged killing off an ANT(whose driver managed to C4 me), and dunked on an enemy Lightning and damaged another before dying.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »

I was playing MoO2 as a custom hyper-research race. I colonized only the best planets, so my empire was a strung out series of distant single colonies. The Mrrshan and Bulrathi explosively colonized everything they could find, and I found myself a surrounded by two massive empires that shortly went to war with another as I quietly researched.

A few turns into their war, the Mrrshan attacked a newly set up colony of mine. They bombed it off the map and went home.

I built a battleship and a few cruisers. My forces were mostly missile destroyers specced to kill that pesky Guardian and Loknar's unique ship. I was vastly outnumbered.

It wasn't even a fight. A fight implies they somehow had a chance of winning. I brutalized them. I killed a fleet of cruisers and destroyers with a single cruiser. My battleship cruised to their homeworld and blockaded it while I obliterated all their colonies. Then I bombed their homeworld to a single population unit. I didn't accept their frantic pleas for peace and instead am waiting til they get a second population so I can do it again.

Go ahead, fuck with the quiet nerdy fragile bugs.

After that the Bulrathi declared war on me also (because apparently stupidity is contagious.) Since apparently turning another space faring empire into an endangered species that is perpetually pruned down to replacement levels wasn't a clear enough message, I captured their capital world after annihilating their fleet.

Then I made that planet start building transports and ships. I sent out armies and fleets of turncoat Bulrathi to each world they owned, butchering their defenders and exterminating their populace with pogroms and starvation, then I shipped new, loyal Bulrathi to populate these stolen worlds. I fought them down to a single world, a backwater, nameless shithole with a pop of 3, then I permanently blockaded it with Bulrathi crews and Bulrathi troops. I let this nascent holdout of what they once were remain as a reminder of their mistake and the sheer malevolence which I would defend my empire with.

MoO2 btw
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: February 03, 2019, 04:05:37 pm »

"How... How could you do this? How could you even conceive of these atrocities?"

"I told you, we're Creative."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: February 03, 2019, 05:16:09 pm »

♪ Now let's all agree to never be creative again ♫
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: February 03, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »

♪ Now let's all agree to never be creative again ♫

I don't destroy my enemies, I bind them, break them, and make them regret ever existing within the orbit of my hatred.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: February 03, 2019, 10:20:13 pm »

There always was something about MoO2 that brought out a sadistic streak.  Maybe because of how arbitrarily bloodthirsty the AIs can be, particularly on harder difficulties.  Depopulating entire planets with nuclear fire on a whim, without anyone batting an eye (but bioweapons?  You MONSTER!)

It's also just super satisfying to assimilate aliens into your empire, though, yeah.  I like that they're a lot faster to convert if you're a democracy, or if they were under feudalism.

Not that it matters, if you have psychic powers~  What an eerie game.  And then there are the interdimensional marauders, escaping exile, who may have killed the precursors...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: February 04, 2019, 04:37:10 am »

I usually just rolled out the stellar converter and disintegrated their homeworlds. Doesn't really have the same punch to it, though...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:32 am »

Built a small house out of planks and beams, as opposed to the half meter-thick blocks, except for the fireplace and foundation of course. Not particularly hard, but it's also less simple than just blocks and looks cooler. Also possibly cheaper, as planks are significantly longer than blocks.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: February 04, 2019, 09:23:08 am »

Huh, so it's actually playable now? As in, there's stuff to do? Neat. Rising World's been lurking around on Steam for ages, and it never really seemed to either develop enough for me to snag it, or get bad enough reviews for me to ignore it.

Nice to see it's actually come a long way from pure "Terrain Deformation Simulator 2000".
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 708