Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275439 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9225 on: February 04, 2019, 11:13:46 am »

Completing that item was Something Awful, I tell ya.
(I forgot that I had to equip the item for 30-40 battles first, to spawn the Lover, then run floor one a couple dozen times to subdue all the non-marksman residents. Since it gets a tiny HIT bonus per level-up from being filled with marksmen.)
Built a craft capable of landing at sea-level on Eve and then returning more effectivy than the massive abomination that I created before. This one costs 500K credits as opposed to over a million credits, which also opens up the possibility of actual profitable Eve missions.

Kerbal Spehss Program
A trip like that inevitably takes a long time, right? Months at least? I did eventually reach Duna last time I played, but it felt weird "skipping" so much time. But it's hard enough for me to make it at all, particularly with payload, much less waste fuel accelerating and decelerating...

Because of the way the orbits are, getting there was actually pretty quick compared to a Duna trip, but returning was significantly harder since I had to wait for a return window while on a severely slanted orbit relative to Kerbin and with limited dV.

But yeah, that's really just how interplanetsry missions are in KSP, and understandably so. You can minimize the amount of time it takes, but it'll most likely still take well over a year ingame even for the quickest trip possible.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: February 04, 2019, 12:21:14 pm »

Finally got my Blacksteel Katanas; now I can use them like a true weeb!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With some excommunication and duchy claim requests, I've came very close to uniting the British Isles. All what I need to do now is to expand into Wales, and I'll get the achievement.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: February 04, 2019, 12:47:46 pm »

Powerstancing is lots of fun. I did it myself with spears once; good times.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:41 pm »

Pressing the power button would be a better option /oh I’m so edgy I shave without blades
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: February 04, 2019, 05:55:17 pm »

I play Skyrim on normal so... (Also be a mage on Dark Souls. They're so easy.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: February 04, 2019, 06:11:20 pm »

Mage? ...

Or Poopoomancer?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: February 04, 2019, 06:54:22 pm »

what are u casual level str noob

((oh great this is the pageroll))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: February 04, 2019, 07:12:49 pm »

Reached the Apex of the first pyramid as regular Redneck, in about 3 hours of play time.

Immortal Redneck. It's a good game and I sure ain't done with it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: February 04, 2019, 07:17:59 pm »

In own related news, I subsumed the Human Republic on MoO:CtS.

One cruiser of mine had 68/85 rating. Their frigates had 14/14. It was a hilarious fight. I had to micro my missile batteries cuz a single shot from one bank of 4 mirv missiles MORE than killed a frigate. My guns basically just existed to dissuade them from coming closer between barrages.

Then I sent troops down onto Sol I. It was 11 on eight, their favor. They probably needed 11 more, because not ONE of mine died. Then I proceeded to bring them up to my level because Benevolent Alien Overlords.

Now I'm trying to decide between walking into the Bulrathi-Klackon War, or heading for the Core and Uninhabited Regions. I'm leaning toward the War cuz on the other side of that is the Mrrshan-Darlok sector, and I vastly outrank everyone on territory, research, and population. I'm thinking I should overextend myself and see if they can take advantage.

... Or maybe both...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: February 04, 2019, 10:42:47 pm »

Played the first six months of my rookie year, then decided to remind myself how to actually play the game by watching the tutorial videos in game and in the following six weeks won more races than I had in the preceding half-year, including my first G-race win, at G3.

This got me to a magical 30 wins, opening up G1 races. Got my first one the next week, I was the #6 favourite on a front runner, a style of horse I am not particularly good at because of the need to get a good start. Get to the paddocks prior to the race, the favourite is all like “oh hey cool this is your first G1 race, but my horse is awesome so see you at the finish line loser nyeh”  because he’s apparently a shitebag.

Get to the race, get myself a god damn flying start, lead for the entirety and cross the line a half-length ahead of second place. My first G1 win at my first G1 race.

The favourite was a little more humble after that.

Shitebag.

I also won the Leading Apprentice award, as well as having the highest winning percentage of all riders ‘cause few people were actually giving me horses, so I ended up with 52 wins in 194 races, finishing 10th overall.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: February 05, 2019, 09:01:41 am »

First floor chest had the 7-leaf clover. Among other things this got me the railgun which made bossing trivial, the super hot watch which made everything trivial, the particulator which made things easier still and finally the goddamn yari launcher all of which got me trough the dragun fight without a scratch (was expecting an unlock of some sort from that tbh). But that's not the own here, that's just crazy luck, the own is that I finally managed to kill the bloody HMS Absolution. As it turns out, if you stop and observe the pattern it isn't all that hard. What gave me the most trouble before was dodging the beams but as it turns out you don't really need to dodge those, much easier to stay in the middle and dodge the smaller bullet patterns, all the while doing damage to the thing.

All that's left is the convict, kinda funny since she's the first character I reached the past with but hadn't been able to clear it back then.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: February 05, 2019, 10:15:06 am »

I was not the first to die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: February 05, 2019, 12:24:52 pm »

Is it actually titanfall based? AFAIK it's made by the same devs, but from what I've seen it's doing its own thing as far as the lore goes.

Looks fun as far as BR games go, tho it has the EA taint so I'm kinda hesitant to touch it (even tho everyone says it's doing the 'cosmetics only' monetization)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: February 05, 2019, 01:47:15 pm »

Is it actually titanfall based? AFAIK it's made by the same devs, but from what I've seen it's doing its own thing as far as the lore goes.
*Playing Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

"This is the weirdest Monkey Island game yet..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »

My understanding of it is it's by the same devs, in the same universe, and that's where the connection ends.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 708