Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260349 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9435 on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:11 pm »

an annoying fighter who got herself killed early after telling some bandits to "Cool it"
Me, when playing with friends: "Telling people to COOL IT basically never works..."
Literally all of them: "Tell them to COOL IT!"

I have seen it work, though. About one time out of fifty.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: June 20, 2019, 12:16:12 pm »

an annoying fighter who got herself killed early after telling some bandits to "Cool it"
Me, when playing with friends: "Telling people to COOL IT basically never works..."
Literally all of them: "Tell them to COOL IT!"

I have seen it work, though. About one time out of fifty.
IIRC, you must survive 3 or 4 "COOL IT!"s first, then it will work, once. Rather tough to pull off, all things considered.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: June 20, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »

I remember there being a few early encounters where "cool it" didn't really hurt you any, but it's been a while since I've played.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: June 20, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »

If you're finished with them, you can tell one of the merchants (preferably not a weapon merchant) at a trader camp to "Cool it!" which will help charge it up.

There's a few other places where "Cool it!" works, but I don't know when since I don't play Irritating characters very much.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: June 20, 2019, 04:17:35 pm »

My favorite time was when I was about to die anyway (no supplies, no car) and I got a prompt for the dog (out of three possible people) to tell the bandits to Cool It. I had to do it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:40 pm »

Someone in the wtf thread was complaining about scam callers, it reminded me to post here about the fake microsoft call I got yesterday afternoon where I wasted their time for about 30 minutes.  It was fun, essentially all I did was follow their instructions, but I pretended my right(main) monitor didn't exist and was following their instructions on the left screen.  They got basically nowhere with me until I think they finally realized I was messing with them and hung up.

All it cost me was 30 minutes and a few seconds of closing windows.  Next time they call asking for my father (who has been dead half a decade) I'm going to set up a virtual machine or two to really waste their time.

The game of Life HD VR Now featuring dante from the devil may cry series & knuckles Gaiden
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:33 pm »

Similar story to @Greiger, a lady with a noticeable Indian accent called and told me that she was from Microsoft and informed me that she was following up on a problem windows 10 had alerted them about.  I said "okay, and which one of the 3,238 errors windows has reported in the last two weeks are you calling about?"
     *click* beep, beep ,beep, beep.  Didn't even say, "have a nice day", people have no courtesy these days.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: June 22, 2019, 09:34:52 pm »

Someone in the wtf thread was complaining about scam callers, it reminded me to post here about the fake microsoft call I got yesterday afternoon where I wasted their time for about 30 minutes.  It was fun, essentially all I did was follow their instructions, but I pretended my right(main) monitor didn't exist and was following their instructions on the left screen.  They got basically nowhere with me until I think they finally realized I was messing with them and hung up.

All it cost me was 30 minutes and a few seconds of closing windows.  Next time they call asking for my father (who has been dead half a decade) I'm going to set up a virtual machine or two to really waste their time.

The game of Life HD VR Now featuring dante from the devil may cry series & knuckles Gaiden
That was me. Problem was they were all recordings, so unless I hit buttons to respond (which almost certainly would have caused them to redouble their efforts) I couldn't do such a thing :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: June 23, 2019, 08:11:08 am »

When your team just can't win.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it's second time me seeing such hideous score. First time i was, ahem, part of the cause. I kid you not, this guy back then was reported for being only fine player in the team. Because noob rage. I'm yet to end up understandably furious pro with 30+ kills.  :P

On more owning side, i ambushed lone veigar with w+e+r from a bush just after shouting "just you get into my ult range, VEIGAR!" in chat. Not to other team, sadly.

League of legends.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 08:26:17 am by MCreeper »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: June 25, 2019, 08:16:28 pm »

Managed to finish my first big speedrun. Sure, it was a practice run and thus I didn't record it, but I managed to finish all base game levels of Vermintide 2 (solo with bots, recruit difficulty) in 1:45:27,88.

I can probably hit around 1:30:00 if I practice more. I blundered quite a bit in a few levels.

Also I totally didn't completely make a goof out of myself and post this in the wrong thread.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: June 26, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »

When your team just can't win.
I think it's second time me seeing such hideous score. First time i was, ahem, part of the cause. I kid you not, this guy back then was reported for being only fine player in the team. Because noob rage. I'm yet to end up understandably furious pro with 30+ kills.  :P

On more owning side, i ambushed lone veigar with w+e+r from a bush just after shouting "just you get into my ult range, VEIGAR!" in chat. Not to other team, sadly.

League of legends.
I had something like that in DOTA.  An enemy bloodseeker (speedy melee glass cannon, peaks early, falls off late) was the only one on his team getting kills, and I was a support with a single target ult that could shut him down consistently.  Poor guy got flamed when he went in and got disabled and he got flamed when he hung back and waited for his chance.  Didn't carry his team hard enough I guess.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: June 29, 2019, 07:11:46 pm »

Completed the game on Normal without purchasing any weapons. Just the .32 revolver and whatever other things I could lay my hands on.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: July 07, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »

I think I won.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: July 09, 2019, 01:08:59 am »

Could also qualify for the death thread.

In a fairly long game, I managed to get to the point where I had 3 fascination and was about to lose by the fascination event (AKA you go insane).  Also most of my actions were tied up doing things that would take a while.  In fact the only two things I could do before I lost were work and dream.  Dream + health could save me, but it would be a luck based.

In desperation I
My actions were horrifying enough to produce dread, which saved me from insanity with 7 seconds to spare.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: July 09, 2019, 01:33:23 pm »

It was a 1 on 2, admittedly, but I had a kill streak of 3 while playing spy.

Gang Garrison 2.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 708