Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273633 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9450 on: July 10, 2019, 06:44:52 pm »

Got my first 9.9 Intensity completion of Classic Mode, using Wolf. Probably not so much because I'm better with Wolf, it's just that his Classic Mode stages are easier to cheese.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Found a rather funny way of making decent amounts of money. Or horrifyingly unfunny, depending on your ecological views.

Step 1: find an area marked as snow leopard grounds. Step 2: throw a bait, which spawns a predator if near a predator habitat; in this case it's pretty much guaranteed to lure in a snow leopard. Step 3: use a bow, 2-3 arrows from a reflex bow is enough. Step 4: skin the snow leopard; killing it solely with the bow(and/or knife) will yield 2 skins and bait, plus a little Karma. Step 5: repeat.

In less than 5 minutes, I got enough snow leopard skins to fully max out the crafting upgrades besides the quest-related ones. Plus the skins sell for 8,400 rupees each, which is a lot for animal skins. That's between mid-quality and high-quality loot from enemy corpses.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: July 13, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »

I achieve not just a victory, but a major victory.
At the cusp of victory I was under assault from three directions at once.
The immortal long that had been hounding my every step and forcing me to go ever higher ever faster the entire game finally came out of the shadows to strike at me directly.
The not immortal but extremely tough to kill connie long finally became competent, and over the span of minutes went from nothing but notoriety to damning evidence over 5 minutes, which was unusual compared to the last three hours where she failed like 10 times in a row to do anything even with notoriety.

Finally time itself was my third enemy. I had put together the raw materials needed for the ascension and gotten roughly half way through the penti-ultimate step. Getting everything perfect for the ritual took roughly half a hour, and if I stopped now it would require starting over again from the beginning. Plus, even if I did delay it that didn't mean that the same exact problems wouldn't happen the next time.

Dealing with was simple. Dealing with two at once difficult but within the realm of possibility, but dealing with all three? Nearly impossible.

To make it all worse I had had no less then 6 curses (many from bad luck, some from the long) flung at me over the course of the game draining my stats which meant that my window of error for dealing with the long was small.

In the end I made it, barely. I had to throw summon after summon at the long sacrificing precious irreplaceable lore and ingredients, and even a few tools to complete the rituals in time and even then I was half dead, had three seconds left to resume the ascension rituals, and the detective took one of my followers to prison.
But I made it through, and compared to the difficulty of fighting off the long and the detective and acquiring he cloud the final step was trivial, and honestly a massive anti-climax.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:04 am »

Got me the Silent Ninja (kill both targets and leave no evidence dressed as the ninja throughout) and Silent Assassin, Suit Only (kill both targets, leave no evidence, do it all in your suit) on Hokkaido on Professional difficulty.

The ninja one was harder, seeing as there are some areas that you’re allowed to be in with your suit, and you’re not allowed anywhere as a ninja. Also there are so many cameras, like wow Big Brother is watching.

Also, that god damn handyman. Fuck that guy.

Hitman (2016)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: July 15, 2019, 06:32:04 pm »

I just powered through 8 levels of Baba is You in a row, half of them on the first try. Mostly rocket and Fall levels, but still.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: July 16, 2019, 08:11:55 am »

Doing a crosspost because I really want to brag.

I guess I am a speedrunner now? Still waiting for verification on the leaderboards (and if accepted it will make it a world record thanks to there being no other runs of the sort), but I am pretty damn proud of my almost two-and-a-half-hours of suffering.

Will anyone actually see the video? Probably not, but ol' ego still appreciates it being out there.

Game is Vermintide 2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: July 16, 2019, 08:25:31 pm »

A full stack of Goblin Butchers(their pikeman unit) is surprisingly powerful. And tanky, despite their whole racial statline is the exact opposite of tanky.

The same army cleared two Legendary difficulty dungeons. The first time it was against an army with an Orc Succubus, Goblin Succubus, Ogres, and some support troops. One Succubus managed to seduce one of my units, which causes them to change teams and I failed to dispel. Killing the Succubus clears it, though. The rest of them just got rolled over. No losses and decent loot.

The second one was a lot of tankier troops led by a Manticore Rider. The battle probability was listed as "probable defeat"... and I clicked auto-battle. They won with zero casualties.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: July 16, 2019, 10:56:49 pm »

I made it to Oregon and nobody died of dysentery.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: July 17, 2019, 11:14:00 am »

Not really a major accomplishment, but I felt pretty good beating my first terror mission in a new marathon game without taking any casualties.  I've been trying to go a game without losing any soldiers, and I was worried this would be the breaking point of this game because I knew I'd be going up against chryssalids, and because it's a marathon game I'm still on basic weapons and armor.

Sure enough, the first thing I ran into were two chryssalids, and an entire squad on overwatch managed to do 1 damage total between them.  I didn't see any way of possibly killing them without losing anyone, since I had a lot of wounded in the last mission and thus a lot of noobs on this mission.  Luckily, my gunslinger sniper managed to hit and do 3 damage to the wounded one, and my heavy brought it down 1 health, but I wasn't sure what to do after that.

Until I remembered all of my noobs had grenades!  There was no way to drop grenades on them without hitting friendlies, but by spreading the damage out between them I managed to finish off the chryssalids while not killing anyone on my side.  A week in the hospital is worth it compared to guaranteed death and zombification.

XCOM: Enemy Within.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: July 17, 2019, 01:04:08 pm »

I made it to Oregon and nobody died of dysentery.

My group made it to the border on a diet of nothing but bacon and whiskey and then everyone but me died when i forced them to push the wagon up the last hill repeatedly.

I rode it down to the bottom like a go kart by myself, became a wealthy banker and got elected mayor.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: July 17, 2019, 01:19:30 pm »

a diet of nothing but bacon and whiskey

You say that like it's supposed to be problematic?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: July 17, 2019, 02:42:27 pm »

Just need beans and lard, and you're covering the four basic food groups.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: July 17, 2019, 03:00:35 pm »

I was able to hunt enough meat to trade for enough bacon and whiskey to subsist on literally nothing else. Did you know that in the very first town you can leave a shop, walk a few screens down the street, then come back and the shop will restock? This is how you leave town with 2000lb of bacon. For illnesses, the option was always present to either A) Drink whiskey, or B) Eat more food. Aka Bacon, the only food. I think I once had an option to help a person recover from almost drowning by feeding them extra bacon.

It was awesome, not problematic.

Edit: Apologies, I embarked with 2000lb of bacon, similarly volumetric quantities of liquor, and also as many guns as I could carry.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: July 17, 2019, 03:40:02 pm »

How many oxen did you HAVE!?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: July 17, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

How many oxen did you HAVE!?

I dunno, 8? I'm pulling that number out of my ass. Hold on I'll load it up.

EDIT 1 - 16 Oxen will let you leave town with 2500lb of bacon, 100 gallons of whiskey, 100 16oz bottles of brandy, and a lotta guns and gunpowder. I still got cash left time to see what else I can pack in here.

EDIT 2 - Turns out the selection of mind expansion products at the pharmacy FAR exceeds that of the General goods store. Got me some Laudanum. Anyway we have 150 gallons of whiskey now, and the amount of firepower we are packing can only be described as "More Gun". Also 2600lb of bacon. And some cooking implements for the bacon. We aren't savages.

18 oxen and 3 wagons, which is more than is needed.

Spoiler: My Diary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:39:23 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: July 17, 2019, 04:50:07 pm »

I thought Enemy Post was either joking about playing a game I haven't seen except on 5.25" floppy, or having taken a vacation.

It sounds like there is some new Oregon Trail now? Did they also reboot Odell Lake? Number Munchers?
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 708