Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1275087 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9480 on: July 24, 2019, 03:50:19 pm »

Good god, that still exists? And still has players?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: July 24, 2019, 05:02:35 pm »

It often has only me and someone else, usually peaks at 4 players, and I've never seen more than maybe 13 total at a time, but yes, there are still players.
They still have game updates, though I don't know how often. The last one was domination being added.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:05:07 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: July 24, 2019, 05:21:26 pm »

I finally had both a barrel bomb in the transport, and occasion to use said barrel bomb in X-Piratez.

That farmer's barn (and the sides of the nearby buildings; glad I hid far enough away) never saw it coming, and I got 184 tokens.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: July 24, 2019, 07:04:53 pm »

Might be cheese, but I attacked the DWG's Sinner's Outpost, capturing it(and the Sea Cobra protecting it) with relatively minor damage all around.Because I forgot I had disabled the Corsair's AI's attack controls.
Immediately got attacked by a DWG attack force consisting of a Marauder and an Antlion. Captured both of those very easily.

Not sure what I should do with the Marauder though, redesign or scrap. It's... a decent ship for the most part, but with a lot of glaring design flaws. While the frontal cannon is pretty devastating, its side weapons are a line of simple-cannons that very easily disabled. It also lacks any rear or anti-air firepower. The redesign I have in mind would address those. As for scrapping it, it's a >20kmt ship, quite a lot for this early in the campaign.

In the meantime, I also created an spy plane that actually flies(at least, it stays in the air) and give decent map coverage, while costing only a little over 1000mt. It's also powered by an RTG/electric engine combo, and flies perpetually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: July 27, 2019, 11:58:52 pm »

Got myself the Suit Only, Silent Assassin challenge in Marrakech on Master difficulty (which is nice because it means you don’t have to do it on the easier difficulties ‘cause you’re amazeballs) and it was the easiest one so far.

Halfway through with the original missions, and I even got Silent Assassin on the Elusive Target, though that involved a great deal of cheesing.

Going to do the bonus mission for Marrakech before moving on to my least favourite of the originals, Bangkok. Hopefully it goes quickly...

Hitman 2
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: July 29, 2019, 07:28:28 pm »

Using a bow made from random sticks tied together from scrap cloth with arrows similar make, I hit a fairly distant rabbit through a tree sapling. The arrow cut down the sapling(yielding a stick), and then hit the rabbit.

A little while later, I saw a couple more rabbits scurrying about. I fired two arrows, thinking I probably missed with both. I crept closer, saw a rabbit come close, and dropped it with a snap-shot. As I went to retrieve the kill, I saw two more downed rabbits nearby, arrows sticking out.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: July 30, 2019, 03:06:18 pm »

I FUCKING DID IT. I figured out how to play Elder Scrolls: Redguard at an okay framerate under DOSBOX. It's not perfect, it still stutters (especially the sound) but it's miles better than how the game comes from GOG.

For those on Google in the future, the secret seems to be in the CPU cycles. It has to be set to around 50000-70000; anything higher or lower (including cycles=max) and the game very quickly becomes a slideshow. I also installed the latest version of nGlide and deleted any instances of glide2x.dll in the installation folder.

Literal weeks of fiddling and chasing down rumors... so that I can finally play a game that most seem to agree is forgettable at best?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 03:16:38 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: July 31, 2019, 11:06:58 pm »

Got myself the Suit Only, Silent Assassin challenge in Marrakech on Master difficulty (which is nice because it means you don’t have to do it on the easier difficulties ‘cause you’re amazeballs) and it was the easiest one so far.

Halfway through with the original missions, and I even got Silent Assassin on the Elusive Target, though that involved a great deal of cheesing.

Going to do the bonus mission for Marrakech before moving on to my least favourite of the originals, Bangkok. Hopefully it goes quickly...

Hitman 2

Fucking stupid mission, but I got SA/SO in Bangkok, when even the fucking exits require you to distract someone so you can leave.

So much stupid. I think I spent half of the 15 minutes the mission took just looking for something to throw to get the guard away from the door so I could finish it.

I think the next mission might be a little easier to get SA/SO in, and that is literally a militia compound in which even getting spotted will get you shot.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: August 01, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »

Retrieved a plot-critical item out of pile of dead, rotting, naked people. Nearly died to the (blue) Armsy guarding it, though. It tanked two dynamites, two molotovs, and an arrow, and I didn't see it moving. I went down only for the monster to charge at me. Took out 5 layers of stealth armor(weak protection) and brought me down to about 40% health in seconds. It was about strike a killing blow before I finished it off with my axe. I am now wearing its skin to replace the lizardskin+leaf armor it destroyed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: August 02, 2019, 02:46:37 am »

I completed not one, not two, but three non-trivial quests after the starting dungeon. This is officially the furthest I've ever made it in Daggerfall. I'm not sure that I'll beat the main quest yet, but it's a damn good start.

Also why is everybody naked in the Temple of Dibella?

DF Unity.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: August 02, 2019, 02:50:52 am »

Also why is everybody naked in the Temple of Dibella?
Because the natural form isn't obscene, it's natural.  As is the dance of desire.  "I am yours, and you are mine, eternally intertwined."

Also bewbs lol
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: August 02, 2019, 03:19:16 am »

… snip …
Also bewbs lol
     AKA "Baffle 'Em With Bull Shit"
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: August 02, 2019, 04:54:45 am »

Because old TES lore has Dibella as basically the same thing as Greek Aphrodite, who is not only goddess of beauty but sex as well. Oblivion tones it down a lot and retcons Dibella as being more about "pure" beauty.

Skyrim starts going back the other way; the temple of Dibella actually has sex classes - which you can't attend(without mods) because they're booked months in advance - and one quest has you getting so drunk that when you come to in the temple, you've got an angry priestess(the one who tells you about the sex classes in fact) yelling at you for fingering the statues of Dibella. Hilariously, she's not that angry about the defilement of her goddess if you apologize and help clean up, and there's a separate quest that lets you get ahold of one of these statues yourself.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: August 03, 2019, 08:00:11 pm »

Played Fallout 4 for the first time in like a year, and had a blast.

Went for a barbarian esque character, and I decided to hell with it any sort of planning or optimisation. Pumped points into strength, endurance, and luck ( I still wanted Idiot Savant ).

I proceeded to spend the next 4 hours just killing everybody I could. Used all the violent and aggressive dialogue options, killed a trader for some decent armour, did not care at ALL about settlement building or Minuteman stuff. Hightailed it to Diamond City.

Playing on very hard as a melee character without blitz is tough. One of the best fights I had was in the Combat Zone. Too many raiders with guns for me to handle at once, so I stayed in the initial foyer area and baited them in a few at a time.

The best part was when I was able to kill them just outside the door. I'd literally drag their corpse into the foyer, close the door, then eat them, because I had the cannibal perk. I felt like a horror movie monster. Whittled them down, killed the last, looted and ate them all.

Now I have Cait as a companion, who likes pretty much every violent, aggressive, and criminal thing I do, apart from the cannibalism. Once I get her perk, I'll find Strong and get his.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: August 06, 2019, 04:07:45 pm »

After several attempts over the years, I finally managed to break open a long-dead PS2 in order to recover the game disc trapped inside: the original Star Wars: Battlefront. Sure, I have little doubt I will never play it again, but I also wasn't going to leave it there. Took me way too long to find where the screws to open the case were.

EDIT: Fighting Arch-Curate Vyrthur*. First against his minions which, as the fight drags on, Vyrthur will tear open the ceiling to attack you. Eventually, he tore enough the roof that Durnheviir was able to crash into the party. I had Shouted for him a long time prior, and either the mass of minions defeated him or his duration expired, but he was able to turn the fight around.

Then came the fight against Vyrthur himself, which has some spoilerific awesomeness to it. And naturally, I FUS'd him off the balcony. Then after some more spoiler-stuff, I used Become Ethereal to dive off the building myself to loot that sweet-looking armor.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:53:38 pm by Akura »
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 708