Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274567 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9495 on: August 08, 2019, 12:17:28 pm »

I've become a seeker. Looking forwards to bricking my account.

Fallen London
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: August 12, 2019, 08:28:36 am »

After hours of searching, a few guide lookups, and hunting down informants, I finally found every single Riddler trophy, challenge, and riddle. The last was a pain to find since there's no apparent hints for it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I applied liberal amounts of fist to the Riddler's face.

That's it, not counting AR challenges, I've 100%ed this game. Actually 120% since the Season of Infamy missions count for the story progress percentage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: August 12, 2019, 06:16:16 pm »

Wish that game worked.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: August 14, 2019, 06:49:08 pm »

While waiting about 5 hours for the cable guy to install internet and TV service throughout the house, all I had was my Switch.

Managed to pacify Jevil, and only took two attempts total to do so.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: August 14, 2019, 07:09:04 pm »

Having beaten him and having watched videos of the fight with Sans, I'm inclined to agree that he's much easier than Sans.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: August 15, 2019, 12:44:56 am »

Jevil a chump.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: August 15, 2019, 01:03:15 pm »

Supposedly there was a bug where on certain computers full-screen would make fights faster. I would assume people saying Jevil was harder than Sans fell afoul of that bug.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: August 27, 2019, 07:53:44 pm »

Started with a spectacular opening move, where the fireteam's sniper completely missed what would have otherwise been a clear headshot, then got rushed and shot down by an enemy shocktrooper, followed by me sending the fireteam's engineer to rescue him* followed by her immediately getting gunned down(but rescued).

Wasted 2 command points trying to run over an enemy lancer(anti-tank soldier), only to run out of movement sooo close I couldn't angle the machine gun(I shot his friend in the head), then wasted 2 more finding out that running them over with a tank doesn't (at least, necessarily) kill. It just throws them. On his turn, the lancer stupidly, stupidly ran right in front of the tank's MG and promptly got his face ventilated.

It turns out the two shocktroopers I brought, Hannes* and Wendy, are the psychos of the unit. They scored more kills than anyone else during the battle, all while laughing maniacally. Def gonna bring them in future battles. Although Wendy did hipfire an entire magazine into a bridge railing, then took a not-lethal bullet to the head from the intended target.

EDIT: Killed three tanks in one turn. One was crippled from pretty early in the battle when I sniped a fuel tank it was parked next to. The second, I force-marched a lancer behind it for a direct hit to the radiator(which is usually a one-shot-kill, as the radiator is volatile for plot reasons). The third tank was a one-in-a-million shot, I didn't expect to kill it. Despite a mostly frontal shot, I scored a direct hit on the radiator with my command tank. The radiator was barely visible, and the tank cannon has relatively poor accuracy - enough to hit a target in general, but hitting a specific part of the target requires close range(or luck).

The next battle, I sniped an AT gun with my command tank. Took several shots(and my attempts provoked the boss to appear), and the AT gun nearly killed the second-in-command, but I killed it before it could fire on the command tank. Also during that battle, scored a twofer while assaulting the main base. A scout tried to gank an enemy soldier during a flank, hurt them, but got shot down by him and his buddy. I moved a shocktrooper to perform the same attack, killed the first guy, and took out the second with the last bullet.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:31:35 pm by Akura »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: August 30, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »

Playin' Starbound.

Created an infinite well of healing water.

I'm sure this has been done many times before, but I felt super cool. I'm calling it my lazarus pit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: August 31, 2019, 06:33:02 pm »

Not too much of one, but I discovered a good way to clean up after dropping a meteor storm "a safe distance" away from my colony: put down a metal and a polymer depot, which are free, then send a drone commander over there with a few drones and wait for them to grab everything in range, then have a transporter ship it back to the colony proper.

A few very odd things I've noticed about this colony, though. First, one of my potential applicants was a Chinese national named "Ping Pong". Second, the colonists are smuggling pets onto the colony somehow. Cats are okay, but the first animal I noticed was a goddamned horse. I know pets don't really do anything, but how do you bring a horse on a cramped passenger rocket and how do you expect to be able to feed it in a strictly-controlled environment?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: September 01, 2019, 09:20:18 pm »

I know pets don't really do anything, but how do you bring a horse on a cramped passenger rocket

Very carefully, I would expect. :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: September 01, 2019, 10:44:02 pm »

I know pets don't really do anything, but how do you bring a horse on a cramped passenger rocket

Don't talk about SJP like that … she has feelings ya know ...
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: September 02, 2019, 03:21:33 am »

I can understand the goats they bring and the cats/dogs but deer, llamas and I think I once saw a cow is a bit questionable as to how they brought those.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: September 02, 2019, 05:08:41 pm »

I finished the base game of Descent 2. While much less dickish than the first game, the final levels just spammed the hardest enemies in the game at me. And the final boss... ugh. Not only it fires the a very high-power homing rocket, said rocket splits into smaller instances of itself (also homing) on detonation, it also could only be damaged from behind and that was not obvious at all. I ended up having to spend my many, many lives and do suicide runs on it until it died.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: September 02, 2019, 08:27:21 pm »

On a routine bounty mission in moderately hostile space, I took two destroyers (my personal Hammerhead and a Vanguard), a heavy frigate, a Mora-class carrier, and slightly refurbished Legion-class battleship up against three pirate fleets comprising almost 80 combat-capable ships in a minor oopsie.  For my part, the Vanguard was destroyed but proved salvagable, especially with the 200k credit bounty.  For their part, on the other hand...

Spoiler: The game (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 708