Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1269917 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9570 on: October 07, 2019, 12:19:07 pm »

Finally went and finished the HD version of Blood (I never played the original). It was pretty good, though some weapons were pretty useless (I am looking at you, Flare Gun) and some enemies just way too beefy.

Still, that's something crossed off the ol' backlog. It's finally shrinking after eons of adding to it!

EDIT: I wrapped up Amid Evil too, so that's two out of the backlog in a single day!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:33:10 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: October 08, 2019, 11:57:23 pm »

Is reseller ratings still a thing?
Yes, reseller ratings is still a thing. Not sure how trustworthy it is as with all online reviews it makes complete sense for a company just to pay like 50 bucks to a bunch of random people to make up hundreds of reviews and drive their score up.
Nice, I just had to give up on Newegg after getting scammed. Do you have advice on a reliable seller?
In the end I just ordered from Newegg and Amazon (and a 2TB hard drive from adorama) because both have fairly good reputations.
I'm not all that worried about being scammed and I should just be able to get a replacement if something ends up not working. Maybe I *should* be more worried, but I'm not quite so worried because I'm planning on checking every part to see its what it should be and that it works, and if it isn't, Newegg's policy should protect me.

I could have ordered from outletpc for some stuff cause it was cheper for 4 parts, but. A) They just lower the price by 10 cents from the nearest rival, and then just up it as soon as they run out/raise their prices (which is kind of scummy), and B) They don't have as good reviews, which when I will be spending hundreds of dollars and will have to wait a significant amount of time if anything isn't working perfectly is kind of worrisome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: October 09, 2019, 08:29:10 am »

First, my success: I got to help out a sick coworker, and at the same time do a part of this job I still like. Got to feel useful 2 different ways.

In the end I just ordered from Newegg and Amazon (and a 2TB hard drive from adorama) because both have fairly good reputations.

The company nicknamed "Scamazon" has a good reputation? They're also the poster boy for California companies who are abusing workers and lying to customers. Newegg moving to be more like them is the problem.

I'm planning on checking every part to see its what it should be and that it works, and if it isn't, Newegg's policy should protect me.

Should protect me too, but that didn't happen.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:31:30 am by Iduno »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: October 09, 2019, 08:48:19 am »

The company nicknamed "Scamazon" has a good reputation? They're also the poster boy for California companies who are abusing workers and lying to customers. Newegg moving to be more like them is the problem.
Their reputation's good enough they shit on basically every other online seller in terms of scale, many of them combined. They're apparently doing pretty alright on the trust front. Never really ordered much from them, but what has been's never had problems, either. Business practices are pretty shit in some ways but that's most online retail so *shrugs*

That's literally the first time I've seen that nickname, incidentally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: October 09, 2019, 11:25:57 am »

The only issues I have ever had with amazon have been almost entirely due to Royal Mail. The other issues being from Yodel.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: October 09, 2019, 08:19:26 pm »

Looking up Scamazon returns a urbandictionary page about how easy it is to scam amazon into giving you free stuff thanks to how easy it is to get them to refund you stuff, not how likely they are to scam you. Which uh... seems to be exactly the opposite of what you are trying to argue.
The Scamazon hashtag on twitter links to a bunch of people hating the company for being evil to people that work for it or its other corporate practices, not for bad service to the end consumer.

I won't disagree that they treat their workers like shit, but in terms of customer service they are quite good.

Newegg is even better then them in terms of service, and although its obviously not 100% 5 stars across the board and a few people still get screwed over, its far less then with many other sites, amazon included.
Although as you show, even they are not perfect.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:29 pm »

This is all pretty off topic. I came to read about people kicking ass in games, and instead I find a lot of not that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: October 10, 2019, 12:56:43 pm »

This is all pretty off topic. I came to read about people kicking ass in games, and instead I find a lot of not that.

I've assassinated a lot of people in SW:TOR MMO. Like... a lot of people. This one guy killed his wife to escape the ire of the empire. And this other guy? I killed his wife. It was actually extremely unnecessary and I regret that breach of my professionalism as an assassin, but it got the job done. Sometimes I get conscripted to kill literally dozens or hundreds of people at a time.

Actually, now that I think of it, I've only failed to kill one guy, and he was a sith lord, but I blew up his ship so...

Does that tickle your ass kicking fancy?

Tonight I'll probably assassinate even more people!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: October 10, 2019, 02:57:11 pm »

I beat unquestionably the hardest boss in Code Vein, the Depths version of Cannoner and Blade Brandier. Not only are they harder than the mandatory story fight, killing one gives the survivor the other's elemental power, changing their moveset slightly. Here's my stats for the curious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

About to set up a reasonably smooth production line for red* circuits, and from that, blue* science, which is a gateway to a lot of later-game technologies. Last time I got this far, I mostly half-assed it and barely got anywhere.

This requires:
  • Oil production and refining, luckily there's a pretty good oil field right next to the factory.
  • Putting coal further up the production line than where the smelters(and power plant) are, since coal is needed for making plastics.
  • Engine manufacturing, which is fairly resource-intensive especially for steel. I actually had this set up already, the tricky part was moving that up the production line.

I've got a train running to a far-away coal field(with over 3 million in reserves) to bring the coal for plastic production. I've also got black* science production going as well, plus the beginning template for science labs that will eventually be able to carry every type of science to it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: October 11, 2019, 06:12:17 pm »

I didn't get brutally murdered in Death House on Curse of Strahd 5e as a Lawful Good Scourge Aasimar Paladin.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: October 12, 2019, 02:48:43 pm »

I didn't get brutally murdered in Death House on Curse of Strahd 5e as a Lawful Good Scourge Aasimar Paladin.
You got non-brutally murdered?
I don't have the context for why this is an Own.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: October 12, 2019, 02:52:55 pm »

I know very little about that campaign, though I am pretty certain it includes vast amounts of undead and probably a few banshees. And a typical Paladin isn't going to pass many stealth checks either so it has to fight.

I could be way off target of course.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: October 12, 2019, 02:59:46 pm »

But, wouldn't a Dexterity based Paladin with stealth have a huge advantage in such a campaign?
Hell, he doesn't need to be Dexterity based, just needs a Chain shirt and nonterrible Dexterity.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: October 12, 2019, 03:09:41 pm »

Well I said I know very little, also stealth doesn't help if a banshee is just randomly screaming as that hits every living thing in a radius.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 708