Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273628 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9615 on: November 01, 2019, 09:02:21 am »

Wait, you fight the heart now?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: November 01, 2019, 10:35:43 am »

I don't, because I have a mod that gets rid of the keys. It was pretty cool once or twice, then it just got annoying.

You also have to unlock fighting the heart. If you beat the third boss once, you'll probably figure out what's expected.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: November 01, 2019, 05:12:40 pm »

But yes, you can fight the heart, now.

Hell, with mods, you can play as the heart. StS has come a long way.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: November 01, 2019, 11:19:24 pm »

I don't, because I have a mod that gets rid of the keys. It was pretty cool once or twice, then it just got annoying.

Why bother? You can just ignore the keys, in which there's only one slight increase in difficulty.

Even if you do bother opening up the heart, taking out the third boss qualifies your run in terms of Ascension level raising, and I don't think you get a score penalty of any kind. The only downside that comes to mind is that it still clocks your run as a defeat (maybe adding a win/loss/partial filter would be good).
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: November 01, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »

YES YOU DO.
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. I AM UNABLE TO FIGHT IT WELL (this was taken last Oct 10)
Also I've no idea about mods and wonder if using any of them discount you unlocking achievements :v
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:23:52 pm by Tiruin »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: November 01, 2019, 11:28:07 pm »

YES YOU DO.
TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. I AM UNABLE TO FIGHT IT WELL (this was taken last Oct 10)
Also I've no idea about mods and wonder if using any of them discount you unlocking achievements :v

I did the heart on Ascension 2/3 with basically the same strategy-- lots of poison, lots of dexterity, a few After Images to counter the Beat, a healthy amount of draw cards, Flying Knees, and Blur. A lot of Blur.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: November 03, 2019, 03:49:43 pm »

I got no clue vis a vis cheevos and mods in StS. Don't care much about the things so I don't pay attention. Mods are great fun for the game, tho'.
Ask not!
Ask!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: November 03, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »

I love some of the more complicated board/card games, especially when I can make combos. We were playing Space Base (a faster, better Machi Koro) with the expansion. The expansion is mostly balanced, but allows more combinations than the base game, allowing brain-damaged people like me to set up weird rube goldberg machines.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The next player also rolled the same thing, netting me 6 points/40 to win, plus more than enough money to buy the 14 points I needed to win. Just setting up a potential combo that could pull that off felt like a win. Having it actually go off was amazing.

Why bother? You can just ignore the keys, in which there's only one slight increase in difficulty.

Even if you do bother opening up the heart, taking out the third boss qualifies your run in terms of Ascension level raising, and I don't think you get a score penalty of any kind. The only downside that comes to mind is that it still clocks your run as a defeat (maybe adding a win/loss/partial filter would be good).

I turned off the keys because there's no purpose to them existing once I quit fighting the heart. It's not very useful, but it feels cleaner.

I got no clue vis a vis cheevos and mods in StS. Don't care much about the things so I don't pay attention. Mods are great fun for the game, tho'.

Mods of any kind disable achievements. If you actually care, there's also apparently a mod that re-enables achievements.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:14:08 pm by Iduno »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: November 04, 2019, 12:07:32 pm »

Wait does this mean our characters can escape the cycle of life and death?

...nah don’t tell me, I’ll find out myself.

I should probably uninstall my mods.  I understand StS has plenty of great mods but something about modding a game makes me immediately lose interest.  I guess taking the game balance into my own hands makes it feel like the challenge is arbitrary?  IDK.

I maxed out the robot’s ascensions before, but if there’s new content now that + not having played for a year+ might be enough to keep things fresh.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: November 04, 2019, 01:21:22 pm »

There's even a new official character, for what it's worth. Though I'm not sure if it's out of beta, yet.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: November 05, 2019, 10:50:43 am »

I went into the bathroom at Y'all-Mart, picked up a large, possibly human turd off the floor and threw it at a crowd of zombies.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: November 05, 2019, 11:08:55 pm »

There's even a new official character, for what it's worth. Though I'm not sure if it's out of beta, yet.

I don't think so, and the newest update on it was "we were doing bug fixes instead." Probably good, but when I played the beta branch a month ago (I played through the A/B testing they were doing on powers) it seemed like it was in a mostly-ready state. Should be out soon.

I went into the bathroom at Y'all-Mart, picked up a large, possibly human turd off the floor and threw it at a crowd of zombies.

Is that new? I've mostly thrown shopping carts, skeletons, boxes, chairs, and the like at them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: November 06, 2019, 03:37:48 am »

Is that new? I've mostly thrown shopping carts, skeletons, boxes, chairs, and the like at them.

Yoink's culture is slightly different from what most humans are used to; he thinks skeletons are turds.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: November 06, 2019, 05:57:20 am »

Nope, I'm pretty sure there were some skeletons in the bathroom as well but this was definitely a bona fide, genuine, 100% authentic turd.

It wasn't terribly aerodynamic, though. I think more of it got on me than on the zombies.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: November 06, 2019, 05:36:27 pm »

Completed the Deadlier Road mode.

While Russell, Clyde, and Merrill didn't make it (they died in the City of Crushed Hopes), Vincent survived - and that's what's most important.

Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 708