Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273643 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9675 on: January 02, 2020, 07:06:03 pm »

I made it to the Mun again! No matter how often I do it, it always feels like an achievement in a new game.

This time I brought a scientist and a probe core instead of a full crew, because I couldn't make a lander can work with the engines and fuel tanks I have. I probably could have made it with a few more tries, but cutting out the crew areas gave me some extra wiggle room.

Bringing a scientist instead of a pilot made it so that I wasn't leaving any science behind on the surface, but I don't really like using probes. My communication "network" is one crappy antenna in a very uneven Kerbin orbit; I would like to have Kerbin covered from all angles, as well as a few in Mun orbit. Unmanned rovers and science transmission, rather than retrieval, are gonna be a big part of my mid-game strategy.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: January 03, 2020, 10:21:38 am »

Got the skill point for beating Gnasty Gnorc with a perfect in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

Doesn't really feel like much of an achievement considering how underwhelming the bosses of the first game are, but beating the level was good regardless.  It's honestly probably one of the most annoying in the first game, since it involves a lot of chasing things around in places where you can fall to your doom and have to start over completely.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: January 04, 2020, 01:35:18 am »

I don't remember there being skill points in Spyro, is that something they added to the Reignited thing?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: January 04, 2020, 07:52:58 am »

Hellebron did an underground intercept on my somewhat weaker army, she had some higher tier stuff specifically made to murder infantry while all I had was spearmen and archers for the most part. Luckily the archers are good at murdering things before they get close and Alith himself is a sniper lord without equal, murdering both Hellebron and one of her heroes before they did critical damage. It would've been a perfect win against all odds had I not lost my brand new mage to a rush of murder sisters and then somehow managed to kill my own noble while he was chasing down their routing hero. Turns out the reason Alith is so good at sniping is because he fires goddamn railroad spikes out of his bow and the noble just happened to be between him and his target :V

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: January 04, 2020, 02:41:36 pm »

I don't remember there being skill points in Spyro, is that something they added to the Reignited thing?

I think so.  To be clear, it's like the skill points that were in Spyro 3 (and maybe 2?), which were effectively just trophies / achievements for going out of your way to do certain things.  I don't think they were in the original game, so that must have been added in the Reignited Trilogy.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: January 07, 2020, 04:59:32 pm »

I just got the rarest achievement in the game on Steam, Murderous mixologist, within 15 minutes of finding out it's the rarest.

Streets of Rogue

Edit:I now have the second most rare achievement at 05:07:49 pm, Fountain of Life.

2nd Edit:And now I have the forth rarest achievement at 05:08:58, Creature Feature.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:09:40 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: January 08, 2020, 05:05:56 am »

I just got the rarest achievement in the game on Steam, Murderous mixologist, within 15 minutes of finding out it's the rarest.

Streets of Rogue

Edit:I now have the second most rare achievement at 05:07:49 pm, Fountain of Life.

2nd Edit:And now I have the forth rarest achievement at 05:08:58, Creature Feature.
Oh, shit, that has cheevs now? I'll have to load it back up.

Edit: Apparently I already have quite a few.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:08:52 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: January 08, 2020, 12:25:08 pm »

It's got a lot of achievements now, yeah. Part of why several fairly simple achievements have such low rates on them is because of the game's lengthy stint of being in mostly-complete Early Access without any achievements implemented. A number of players who own the game have already more or less gotten their fill of the game, so while they've probably done everything mentioned by the achievements; they're counted against the stats since they haven't actually booted it up since achievements were put in.

Like, I'm a bit annoyed that my "rarest achievements" box is perpetually just filled with a bunch of meaningless drivel from Guns of Icarus that I managed to pick up in the time between those achievements having been programmed in and the game getting shitcanned in favor of Alliance. "Buff 125 parts, buff 60 guns" is not a particularly staggering accomplishment, despite a 0.2% rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: January 08, 2020, 01:33:42 pm »

Yeah, I have a few games where "achievements" like "complete the first chapter" is at 50% or less.

Also some from Caves of Qud where you need to kill an NPC in a town that you can't really allow to become hostile towards you, to collect their weapons. The players who have been around long enough to know that's where you get the weapons have also been around long enough that they make better character-building decisions than me, and use a better weapon type.

Getting shit like the diamond badges from DoomRL really felt like you achieved something impressive.

On-topic: I've completed some more quests in Graveyard Keeper, including two from a weekly NPC that I completed the same day I was given them. Because I noticed I could buy a diamond, so it's probably needed at some point, and I didn't already have one, so why not?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: January 09, 2020, 07:07:02 am »

I have mastered siege cheese, no walled settlement is safe from me now. A tough and protracted war with Naggarond was flipped into a mop-up job once their two biggest and baddest cities that were continually pumping out full stack armies were taken. Plus all the cash and resources I get from them now. Once they're done with I think it'll be time to turn south and stomp on the Cult of Pleasure a bit.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: January 09, 2020, 09:06:29 am »

This happened quite some time ago, but I just now remembered an experience I had back when I was playing Windforge (before it was decidedly deadified).

"Hah, this ultra-light material makes for some super mobile armor! I'm so much more agile now, haha!"

"...wait, the higher-quality versions weigh even less. The armor pieces are starting to have negative weight. Wearing the full set would more than cancel out my own bodyweight. Does this mean..."

"..."

"Oh fuuuuuuuuu

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: January 10, 2020, 04:01:40 pm »

I encountered a werejackal, who summoned allied jackals, and I became trapped in a room. There were enough enemies to almost fill the room, and to surround me on all sides... except a door to my left. I fought ineffectually for a few moments, then decided to go through the door. I tried to open it. It was locked, and the attacks next turn would surely end me. I frantically searched my inventory for some way out. The only option there was to take a chance on an unidentified scroll I had picked up from a bones lootpile... 80% chance of being cursed. In desperation, I read the scroll, hoping for a teleport or at least a scroll of earth (to shield me until I regained health, then destroy one boulder so only one enemy could attack at a time.)

It was a scroll of tame monster.

Every single monster in the room is now peaceful and allied.

PRAISE RNGSUS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:03 pm »

My cousin and I played around 10 games of Dead By Daylight, and we each escaped in 9 of them.

The first three games, every survivor (2 more than myself and my cousin) escaped, including from a camping Michael Myers.

This was most amusing because it was my cousin that was hooked, the other two survivors went to a different door to escape, opened that while I was opening my door - opening doors starts a timer that instantly kills survivors when it expires - and then, as I was running to unhook my cousin, they drew Myers away and every one of the three non-cousin survivors helped block Myers from downing my cousin prior to him escaping. A bit toxic, but the Myers didn’t have to camp or tunnel my cousin on the way out.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: January 11, 2020, 10:07:01 am »

I have beaten Dark Souls 2. Didn't beat Vendrick, Freja, Darklurker (because i forgot where old geezer sits third time) and DLCs (Jack Sprat could eat no fat. First boss of third dlc haves more hp than any vanilla one (broke three swords against it, vanilla ones rarely get to 1). And later there are two of them, i don't have enough swords, damn it. And between them there is a grand horde of huge knigts, who each have hp and damage like npc phantom. Nooooope).
Upgraded desert sorceress set to +10.
Beaten NG+2 Lycia (12000 hp) to death with fists (50 damage).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:10:14 am by MCreeper »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: January 12, 2020, 09:17:32 am »

Normally, this game does not just spawns infinite enemies at you. But when it does, you are in for a wild ride. How that "most boring and infinite rollercoaster ever" on 4chan was named? Yeah, that one.
After 1.5 hours of slaughtering zombies and being confused anout why half of my dudes have 0 damage (silver weapons. Normally -1 strength after usage is irrelevant), half of the party got about +5 levels and i have won the mission. Next plot mission is the faceless again! Two times less of them than there were present at any time in previos mission AND wastly weaker. The terror!

FE Fates.
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 708