Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1274391 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9690 on: January 12, 2020, 03:26:04 pm »

Shot Hitler in the ass, and the bullet exited through his testicle, killing him instantly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: January 12, 2020, 03:29:37 pm »

You fool, you damned fool! You've just turned Hitler into Einstein!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: January 12, 2020, 05:33:41 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: January 15, 2020, 09:43:56 am »

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Endless Sky, I'm digging this
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: January 15, 2020, 09:31:48 pm »

A massive room full of witches, which I needed to deal with to loot the area(called a conservatory, but more akin to a museum) in peace. They were already suspicious since I entered the area via elevator, which has a very loud bell on it. Nearly walked into five of them at once when they came to investigate the elevator. Eventually got them to separate, and one by one I ambushed and choked each witch out or dropped down and slammed their head into the floor.

Was hanging out on a giant stuffed owl overlooking the room, looking down at the last remaining witches: a pair just chilling by a display, making girly talk. One was sitting upside-down looking straight up at me, but didn't see me or any of my antics in the room. The problem was that because they're next to each other, I can't drop attack or choke one without alerting the other. I hit the one looking up with a sleep dart, and drop-slam the other. I nearly panic when I look up from my attack and see one last witch right next to me, looking away. Somehow she didn't hear anything. I had to use another sleep dart because for some reason I couldn't hit her with a choke-hold.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: January 16, 2020, 10:51:05 am »

Ah the joy of victory.

Previously on Mindustry the "Salt Flats" mission of the campaign was utterly destroying me as obviously not being as fast as when i was younger anymore i was suspecting i was simply too slow to make my defenses and at the same time build up my various troops generators (as the enemy troops each waves were outclassing and outnumbering my poor few robots trying to get to the core) and all the industry chains required for them and their maintenance.

So satisfying after this mission was just crushing all my attempts previously :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: January 17, 2020, 05:54:14 pm »

Playing as Prince Liu Chong on the standard campaign, I got the announcement that Dong Zhuo died from narrative reasons. I immediately rushed his faction's (now led by Dong Min) capital of Chang'an and took it.

Look at me, I'm the Han Empire now.

Total War: Three Kingdoms
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: January 17, 2020, 06:14:39 pm »

Second time encountering an Ultimate-stage Digimon(and wasn't aware that a previous boss was the first time I fought an Ultimate), ended up one-shotting her.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: January 17, 2020, 06:15:44 pm »

I immediately rushed his faction's (now led by Dong Min) capital of Chang'an and took it.

So you shot first?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: January 17, 2020, 06:35:33 pm »

Second time encountering an Ultimate-stage Digimon(and wasn't aware that a previous boss was the first time I fought an Ultimate), ended up one-shotting her.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: January 18, 2020, 10:58:15 am »

I immediately rushed his faction's (now led by Dong Min) capital of Chang'an and took it.

So you shot first?
Chong shot first
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:18:13 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: January 18, 2020, 11:09:57 am »

That... is a remarkable level of entendre.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: January 18, 2020, 01:59:33 pm »

I'm playing through early ascensions with the new Slay the Spire character.

Ascension 3, and I killed 2 bosses (I hit The Guardian in spike mode because I had hitpoints to spare, and it's a bit faster to always attack, but I could have probably avoided damage there as well) and 3 out of 6 elites without taking damage. I think I might be getting the hang of this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:24 am »

i did it because i thought i was balls to the wall donkey insane but-

disco elysium. if you are patient with reading, its a goddamn great game.

The only issue I have with Disco Elysium is that you can't really play 'type' because everything is spread so oddly across the stats. I want my inland empire and shivers guy to have conceptualisation and drama to go with his savoir faire, but it just ain't gonna happen.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: January 19, 2020, 02:23:37 pm »

Without enough fuel to actually get captured by Kerbin and descend more gently, I managed to use careful maneuvering (and a lot of waiting and luck) to go straight from Duna orbit directly into Kerbin's atmosphere.

The actual reentry was pretty uneventful, but it was conceptually awesome to go from an 11km/s interplanetary trajectory directly to the surface of Kerbin.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 708