Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1273890 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9735 on: February 28, 2020, 11:23:15 am »

Was playing Dark Souls 3 last night, leveling a new character and a host summoned me and another dude to the Farron Swamp.

I thought he wanted to clear the area but after killing everything he just stood around.

So an impromptu fight club started.

And damn me....if I didn't kill the same 3 or 4 invaders 3 times a piece without dying.

I'm not the best at Dark Souls 3 PvP but I've gotten a lot better over time. I was using a very basic strength-based Knight build with the basic armor, Heavy Claymore +4 and about 1000 unembered HP.

And I was crushing these guys. Even beat a dude using the double door shields. The fight club finally ended when the host got killed while I was dueling someone else.

Easily the best sitting of PvP I've ever had.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: February 28, 2020, 05:44:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: February 29, 2020, 05:23:35 pm »

For reference, the numbers are seconds and 3500 is an hour. There be an achievement for passin' that.

Deep Rock Galactic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: February 29, 2020, 07:37:55 pm »

Started in 1970. Initial investments in industry and citizen welfare came to around 4-5 million rubles. It's mid-July of 1974, and I've managed to recoup my initial expenditures and bring my financial accounts back to their starting levels and then some. Primary exports are steel, fuel, and bitumen, with secondary exports of construction materials(mostly pre-fab panels) and electricity. Was selling coal, but now all coal goes to steel(and power, obviously).

I would say this has been...

*puts on sunglasses ushanka*

...a successful Five-Year Plan.

URAAAAAAAAAH!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: February 29, 2020, 09:09:50 pm »

Without consulting any guides, I have designed Ye Olde Drone, a fairly simple flying machine that is surprisingly potent at clearing all sorts of challenges. Without editing the basic framework at all, I can easily equip any weapons or tools required for any number of tasks. Some tasks require more specialized machines that YOD can't handle on its own, but YOD can absolutely trivialize multiple missions in a row with nothing more than a quick change in loadout.

Besiege
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: March 02, 2020, 02:01:06 pm »

In our Gloomhaven game, I managed to retire the Brute (fighter). The replacement fighter is...fine (spear symbol), but replaced the tinker/healer. We're at prosperity 3, so should I start the triforce magecharacter, or go with the cragheart/healer?

It's at least a thematic choice. Craghearts and the triforce character come from the same culture, but one got kicked out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: March 03, 2020, 09:28:18 pm »

Playin' my first campaign of DnD 5e.

Got myself a Monk. We are lvl 2. The big bad in the back of the dungeon was a wizard. He sort of heard us coming as we loudly butchered all of his stupid little cronies, and booked it out of his evil lair. I was fastest, so while the main party gave chase, I ran around another way to cut him off.

I got to him first, and I got to find out what happens when a wizard tries to fistfight a monk. Solo'd the boss before the rest could catch up.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:56 am »

Maybe this isn’t the thread for it, but I wrecked someone at chess.
Quiet and genteel I may have been, but he still got owned.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: March 05, 2020, 06:34:21 am »

Tamed and saddled a pternadon. I'm airborne now.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: March 05, 2020, 10:25:32 am »

Maybe this isn’t the thread for it, but I wrecked someone at chess.
Quiet and genteel I may have been, but he still got owned.

It's other games, not vidya specifically. So you're good.

Tamed and saddled a pternadon. I'm airborne now.

Everything I hear about that game makes it sound like quality.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: March 08, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »

From a recent trip into the swamp, I was able to tame a beezlebufos - a large frog that inflicts torpor damage(like a tranquilizer shot) and eats bugs and turns them into cementing paste - and a breeding pair of dilophosauruses. Upon returning I found a diplocaulus, which massively extends your time underwater while riding it, and tamed it as well.

The bad part is, I now have the Titanosaur camped literally a few dozen meters from my house, apparently stuck on a cliff.

EDIT: Bulldozed and reconstructed the absolute hot mess of garbage that was the main rail junction. Still looks like a hot mess of garbage, but should still avoid the previous rail junction's problem of occasionally having trains lock up because they've somehow ended up on the same track heading towards each other. ...That was kinda bad.

It also only cost about 200,000₽ to instant-build, not much at all. That's about the same amount of income from 4 loads of cargo that wasn't interrupted by the construction project.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 09:21:14 am by Akura »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: March 11, 2020, 07:20:19 pm »

Made it to the end, And I only died twice on the way there!

Not sure I can reveal any more details without also revealing spoilers.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: March 12, 2020, 01:02:41 pm »

I retired my Brute (fighter/tank, in as much as tanking works in Gloomhaven) in Gloomhaven, and brought in his replacement. Because we already had our tinker/healer replaced with another warrior, the brute's replacement Craig Hart, a genderless idiot rock person who can use the power of earth/leaf to heal sometimes, but is considered a failure among rock people because Craig apparently can't control any elements. Craig also throw rocks at stuff, causing splash damage (which ignores armor), and has the old PC attacks we're aware of that ignore the normal "you can't harm allies" rule, and only one enemy we've seen can do it.

The win was I was able to hold back enough to keep to exactly 7 xp gained (my in-mission goal was 7 or fewer xp, which gives double the credit of a normal goal, with a character who can earn 20 fairly easily), and weaken but not kill enemies to let our Scoundrel kill all 15 vermilings in one mission that she needed to retire as well. Also, I got to use the phrase "Hulk Craig is strongest there is!"

Craig's retirement goal is to become a hero and defeat 4 boss monsters (we have seen 1 so far), because they saw a cloud and thought it was a dragon. I'm not sure why seeing a cloud or a dragon makes you want to be a hero, or why killing 4 boss monsters is the exact way to be a hero, but Craig is dumb as hell.

The now-retired Scoundrel will become a Diviner, a class which does not normally attack enemies, which will be wild.

In conclusion, Gloomhaven is a great game if you put a nonzero amount of effort into roleplaying.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:13:41 pm by Iduno »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: March 13, 2020, 02:28:28 pm »

Finally finished Strafe. That's the third backlog game I finish this month too (the others being The Incredible Adventures of van Helsing and Thief 2014). So that's nice.

Can't believe my total play time for Strafe was only 6 hours though. (Compared to 22 for van Helsing and 29 for Thief 2014).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: March 13, 2020, 10:03:52 pm »

B4-D4 is the best Star Wars character, and he [lie] assures you he will cause no trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 708