Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1260305 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9810 on: April 21, 2020, 09:20:48 am »

Was playing vic2 with the HPM mod, trying to form the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as usual. Only this time I was playing with my Polish friend. Did a pretty standard run as the Qing Empire, racing with our Japanese rival to conquer southeast Asia whilst a fourth player controlled Russia. Japan very unwisely tried to conquer too much and went above their infamy limit; of course we as the Qing Empire ignored our infamy limit, but we were deliberately trying to destroy our state power. Japan gets declared war upon by many European nations, none declare war upon the Qing, Russia tries to save the Japanese player. We manage to spread the Heavenly Kingdom's control far and wide before the rebellion begins, upon which we start with a fairly decent army.

I have won and lost many Taiping heavenly Kingdom runs, but this one was set far above the rest by one of our first generals. He had obscenely good stats and two traits - "masochist" and "bootlicker." My polish friend put him in charge of our elite army which he called the "footsoldiers." They were all cavalry.
Our degenerate general led us to death and glory

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: April 22, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »

After several frustrating attempts, I gave up and spent a bunch of time trying to upgrade everyone's gear. I was able to equip two people with rifle specializations with hilariously overpowered sniper rifles, three melee people with wakizashis, one person with a Desert Eagle, and one with a Saint's Gun(a near-endgame pistol). Everyone was armored with Red Devils.

A mission against literally dozens of human enemies armed with random weapons of the previous tier that I just upgraded out of, with so many enemies that you're explicitly told to avoid combat. This proved to be nearly impossible since there's just to many to avoid and their patrols tend to gravitate toward you, at such inconvenient times that it can't be random behavior. I ended up killing all of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: April 23, 2020, 01:22:16 pm »

Jiangshi aren't that uncommon in games, for what it's worth. There's one in the Darkstalkers series (hsien-ko), ferex, just as an idle example. Pretty sure some in touhou stuff, seem to recall some in the disgaea junk, or at least something by the same devs, so on, so forth. They're not super common but a lot of stuff that includes reference to eastern/chinese mythology and/or undead will include something either called that or clearly inspired by it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: April 23, 2020, 10:31:10 pm »

Did Doom Eternal's Master Level on Ultra-Violence without dying. Felt damn good.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: April 24, 2020, 01:47:37 pm »

On the first mystery, I've found Police Revolver and 5 bullets.

Then got an extra pack of cigarettes, a compass, and only one Student ally... with +1 Perception.

Then I've landslided through the mysteries, even rescuing Dog from botched forest festival.

One-shot-whipped Scissors Woman in one turn, and Takashi-San got the same treatment.

Doom? Only 72% at the very end.

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: April 24, 2020, 02:28:37 pm »

A minor one, but a really funny one at the end. In order to leave Talmberg, I had to disguise myself as one of Talmberg's soldiers. To do this, I had to break into the armory over the castle gatehouse. To do that, I had to sell one of my semi-limited items that let you save the game(a feature I loathe - even worse, saving makes you drunk because the item is the PC's favorite booze) in order to purchase a lockpick(twice, actually, I screwed up the first time) in order to pick the lock on the chest with the armor. After fumbling with the lock, I armor whose individual pieces were worth far more than literally everything else I had combined.

I slip on the armor and walk out of the armory. I turn around to close the door and walking out two steps right behind me is Lord Divish, Lord of Talmberg. By the by, I'm under strict orders not to leave town. Not a care was given, he just kept on walking.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: April 25, 2020, 09:43:25 am »

Played a game of Overwatch on the Dorado map, which is a single payload map that you just have to push to (or keep away from) the goal. My team was on attack. Before the match even started, one of our lovely opponents took it upon themselves to spam "ggez" in chat - Overwatch filters it out to say random self-deprecating nonsense instead, but everyone can always tell what it really is anyway. The damage was done. We were out for blood. Not really. Just me, I think.

We had a hangup just outside of our spawn point where we couldn't get hold of the payload and move it very far but after that we more or less steamrolled them and won the map with little issue. My personal own was getting four gold medals - which denote doing the most of a certain thing out of your whole team - for kills, kills on or around the payload, time spent moving the payload, and the overall amount of damage I dealt (as well as not dying even once, which isn't a medal) but the real cherry on top was that the spammer from the beginning quit as soon as the post-match results screen appeared.

Game is Overwatch, of course.
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: April 25, 2020, 04:11:26 pm »

Run ragged across central Bohemia trying to gather wedding gifts. Adventures included dying repeatedly trying to recover a gem for a piece of jewelry, eventually succeeding because one of the bandits killing me decided to flee instead of fight(which might have been a glitch). Then I lost a sizable amount of money playing dice while waiting for the gem to be set. Won an archery contest despite horrible archery skills(archery was involved with the bandits). Then I learned to sing to horses.

One of the rewards I got for all this? Short answer: a linen shirt.
Spoiler: Long answer (click to show/hide)
The other reward: "You have gained a level in Vitality."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:54 am »

Got to wave 30 with the barbarian, Witch's Knife, Onk's Lockpicks, Chestplate, and Onk's Fist.
I got tons of attacks on my dice, along with two vampires.
I was basically unkillable after I got the vampires until I suffered from success by hitting a damage reflector so hard I one-shot myself.

Circadian Dice
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: April 28, 2020, 04:02:51 am »

FE3H. Finally managed to beat Balthus's paralogue on maddening. I put Shamir in that one spot closest to baron Ochs, and as soon as she disposed of the two lackeys surrounding her, I had her take out the head honcho with Hunter's Volley.
When the baron turned into a monster, I rushed him with Shamir, Cyril (wyvern rider archer) and I believe Sylvain (paladin with the Lance of Ruin). He went down quickly, but I was't sure if I could clear out all the bad dudes that had sprung out from the following ambush. Fortunately Catherine and Sylvain had much greater staying power than I thought, swinging the Thunderbrand to the very end. Of course she couldn't have done it without Marianne who was running around, trying to avoid physical attackers.while casting Psychic on whoever was in range.
Byleth, Balthus and Dedue were still stuck on the other side of the map,desperately fending off enemies from Hapi who, despite amazing firepower, is ridiculously squishy, even for a mage.
Finally I've prevailed and claimed my relic.

Next, I've tackled Constance's paralogue. I've had trouble with this one on hard difficulty, but this time I had a plan: flier rush. Ingrid and Petra (pegasus knights), Cyril (wyvern rider), and Constance (dark flier) rushed to hold off demonic beasts  to buy time for the infantry.
I had no intention of fighting the Agarthian commande before pacifying the beasts; I needed as many gambits as possible, as soon as possible. As soon as the non-fliers cut and burned their way through the enemy foot soldiers, they joined the monster mash. It was kind of a hot mess. Squishy guys (most notably Yuri) got trapped in the cluster of monsters, while more tanky units picked on more isolated targets. In the end it all turned out well; wvwn Lysithea managed to come out of it alive and as well as someone in her situation can be.
The cleanup work was a piece of cake.

The only paralogue left was Anna's, but screw Anna, I'd rather go hunt monsters for that sweet wootz steel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: April 28, 2020, 12:47:00 pm »

Finished Warhammer 40k Mechanicus killing both bonus bosses (the DLC and the secret mission-chain ones). No achievements because I dared to use the custom difficulty options. But it made the game far more enjoyable for me, so screw the dev(s) that decided that people shouldn't use the many, many nice options that are in the game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: April 28, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »

Granted this wasn't Monsoon since fuck that noise where you get ganked by squads of angry mobs right off the bat and you don't have any dps to kill them all before they just overwhelm you, let alone trying to kil a double boss at the same time. Also got lucky with that legendary drop so early which made clearing much faster. Past a certain point it got so dumb too, I'd kill a single random mob (and thanks to so many guillotines elites had like a fifth of their original HP) and the ensuing wisp/gas canister AoE would wipe out everything on screen and then some, which would then chain to clear the entire freaking map. Teleporters would start and the bosses (like dozens of the damn things) would die before their spawn animation was done. And my HP, holy crap, base was like 5-6k and then with the shields and other stuff it'd jump to 20k+ the moment I started killing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: April 28, 2020, 05:13:00 pm »

Got to wave 67

Circadian Dice.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:19:59 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: April 28, 2020, 05:14:31 pm »

wow, i don't think i got further than wave 10 i Circadian Dice.
Have you unlocked the hard mode items to get that far in the endless mode ?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: April 28, 2020, 05:23:02 pm »

Just witch's knife, Windrider's bow, Chestplate and Onk's lockpicks on the barbarian.
I have unlocked every item I am aware of though. For all I know there are secret items.

As it turns out, a die face only show up to 9 symbols, if it has more a plus symbol is placed on the die along with the first 9
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:25:18 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 708