Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 708

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1272621 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9990 on: December 28, 2020, 02:44:45 pm »

What game was this?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:01:05 pm by Loud Whispers »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: December 28, 2020, 09:56:30 pm »

Turns out that the throne dies pretty quickly if you're dual wielding cluster launchers. Who knew.
Nuclear Throne
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: December 28, 2020, 10:11:41 pm »

Turns out that the throne dies pretty quickly if you're dual wielding cluster launchers. Who knew.
Nuclear Throne

Gotta say, I love it when effectively the same post shows up in both 'How did you last own?' and 'How did you last die?'
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: December 28, 2020, 10:42:43 pm »

Heh, yeah. Steriods is fun, I should play him more. I play for the guns and often forget to use my character powers, and while it's kind of hard to get used to Steriods' power is pretty much just gun.

That run was bolt weapons + bolt marrow for a long time, but by the time I entered the palace I was running cluster launcher + grenade shotgun, which tore through palace enemies quite well. Right before the portal to the last level I was offered a second cluster launcher, which I passed up. Then the chest before throne was also a cluster launcher so I took the hint and dual wielded them against the throne. It died before it could even get off it's giant green balls attack.

Didn't try looping that run. Maybe later. I'm still not good enough to get to the throne anywhere near consistently.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: December 28, 2020, 11:23:51 pm »

Always dual wield if the game gives you two guns.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: December 29, 2020, 06:19:31 am »

Decided to make a swordsman in adventure mode. With the new ability to add whatever you items you want ( within a budget ) on character create, I gave my human warrior an iron scimitar, and a wooden practice sword.

I proceeded to use my iron scimitar to cripple large animals, and switched to my wooden sword to beat them like a moving punching bag. I was able to get my swordsmanship from Talented to Grandmaster in only like 6 hippos.

From there, I decided I needed to actually fight proper enemies to make the jump from Grandmaster to truly Legendary swords master. For the principle of it.

Effortlessly cut down two ogres, and several big cats that tried to ambush me. The real test was a fortress of goblins.

Nearly got killed on the first engagement. Gobbos had bowmen, so I immediately run to the other side of some trees for cover, while three melee fighters surrounded me. Somehow, I got one hand crippled, then a leg, then my other hand got bitten. I dropped my precious iron scimitar, but was able to scoop it up into my backpack, while simultaneously choking out all the goblins coming after me ( I'd already hamstrung most of them before I got crippled ).

I fled, and after resting, was amazing not permanently crippled. All either muscular or just sensory nerve damage. So it was back into the fort.

I'm up to 37 goblin kills. Not a single one of them can beat me alone, or even 3 on one, an their ranged fighters are missing. Green fish in a barrel ( so far ).

DF. Haven't had this much fun building up a particular skill in a while, and actually being able to survive long enough to use it. I'm hoping for even bigger and nastier opponents to cut down, but actually finding anything in adventure mode is so much harder than it used to be.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: December 29, 2020, 06:01:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: December 29, 2020, 10:22:44 pm »

Successfully completed the first objective of the task "Debut" in a run where I took down two scavs - one of who was a sniper scav (a scav who is spawned on a distant rooftop with a rifle). Also received a good bit of loot, enough EXP for me to reach level 5, and a good deal of praise from the person who I was buddying up with - who had previously gotten shot down when fighting a scav one-on-one (I had been hanging back behind vehicles and terrain so I couldn't even see them).

All in all, a good day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: December 31, 2020, 09:52:30 am »

Meta, but... ended up finishing 130 games this year, finally making a dent in the old backlog. Making a list helped a lot in this. As did just sitting down and doing it.

Here's to more backlog purging in 2021.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:59:23 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: December 31, 2020, 11:00:21 am »

Dear God! Were all 130 of those games worth it?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: December 31, 2020, 11:12:57 am »

Dear God! Were all 130 of those games worth it?
No.

Here's The List. Most games were fine or good, but there's actual garbage in there.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: December 31, 2020, 11:46:01 am »

I just skimmed your list. I'm surprised by just how many games I heard about before.

Breaks my heart to see you give teleglitch a 2/5, but I understand perfectly. The game would have been so much better if it actually randomized the loot and room layouts. As is, each run lacks the variation needed to justify permadeath.

How many games do you have left?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: December 31, 2020, 11:49:54 am »

I just skimmed your list. I'm surprised by just how many games I heard about before.

Breaks my heart to see you give teleglitch a 2/5, but I understand perfectly. The game would have been so much better if it actually randomized the loot and room layouts. As is, each run lacks the variation needed to justify permadeath.

How many games do you have left?
Too damn many. The many free games this year didn't help either.

But I have finally had my steam backlog dip below the completed number, so that's nice I guess.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: December 31, 2020, 11:56:37 am »

Was Freedoom that good ? I mean you gave it 4/5
I toyed a bit with the wad but went quickly back into playing another one that interested me more, should i have persevered to see that it was great ?
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 708