Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292662 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2011, 10:38:46 am »

Was playing Pokemon red and enteded a cave that unlocks after you beat the elite 4 (or whatever they were in that game).
Had no idea what's inside... and i met a lvl 80 (or so) mewtwo.
Since my strongest pokemon was in it's 60's i decided to throw a pokeball (a normal one for 200$) and presto mewtwo was caught at 100% HP.

Was playing Navyfield yesterday as a CV.
My BB line got murdered by a charging Lion 1 (type of a battleship) he was partially blind and drove into my fireing range... so i charged it and finished him off using 3.9" deck guns.
Everyone in the room had a good laugh.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2011, 01:59:20 am »

Defeated the final boss, the commanding general of a second alien invasion force (which was hunting down the first alien invasion force), while his attack and defense power were super-charged. The general pilots a giant mech suit that Gundam would be proud of, with more weapon systems than I can easily remember. The funny thing is that I intentionally supercharged him, for more of a challenge.

Oh, and I managed to beat the game without a single kill.

Game: Iji

EDIT: Found a video of the final boss fight
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:05:29 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:33 am »

A bunch of gangers were clustering around a factory worker one of them killed.  They were freaking out about it, while one of their friends was walking back and forth, ignoring them.  There was another one doing something else, too, I guess.

Exactly as they finish their conversation, the patrolling one stopped, off on the other side of the room.  He's isolated, so, pfft, tranquilizer dart, and he's asleep.  Meanwhile, the others had just dispersed, back to looting or whatever since their convo was over.  Reload, pfft, one goes down about a second after he turned around.  Reload, pfft, another one down.  By then, the last two had noticed three of their friends were on the floor, and noticed me - but they barely managed to squeeze off a few shots before they were out too.

Less awesomely, right after that I snuck dat shit through some vents into a room full of hostages and a bomb.  After checking out the bomb, I turned around to see if the hostage wanted to talk - and accidentally hit the punch button.  Cutscene takedown.  POW!  Right in the jaw.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »

I shot an albatross in the heart on the first shot.

DF, with Genesis Mod
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:12 pm »

It did. Shortly after, I was mauled to death by a cheetah.
Not exactly how the story goes, but still. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Choose username

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:16 am »

Pistol round of de_3rrdstreet and I kill two CTs with my glock from across the subway tracks, then hopped over and killed a third inside the train station with a deagle I picked up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2011, 03:50:54 am »

I went on a killing spree in the Propaganda House in RO2. I must have killed 10 or so people, while numerous teammates died in droves around me. Scored MVP for the game and top scorer. Every time I turned the corner, 2 guys coming up the stairs, not looking at me. *POP* *POP* *POP* Delicious points.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2011, 12:19:35 am »

I killed Sigmund by confusing him and watching him jump into lava.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2011, 02:35:17 am »

Oblivion. I started a new character with "stunted Magica"
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2011, 02:50:28 am »

Oblivion. I started a new character with "stunted Magica"
Maybe I just haven't played TES for a while, but I fail to see the ownage  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2011, 04:58:01 am »

Was a changeling quartermaster and got lucky with snagging the HoP and getting his ID. Was wandering around to look for a secluded space to eat some assistants when I found myself getting acid spat at me by a geneticist. He was starting to absorb me when I woke up for half a second, during which I punched him in the face and injected him with venom. He fell unconscious and I had a delicious snack, including gaining all of the DNA that he had absorbed, too. Afterwords I had enough DNA to complete my objective, so I called the shuttle and just chilled out until it arrived.  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »

It's the end for us 7 Russian soldiers trapped at the top of the Stalingrad Grain Elevator. Our reinforcements are cut off. The lower floors are held by a German army that has suffered terribly to make it this far. There will be no quarter, no mercy. They'll kill every last one of us, and shoot the corpses to make sure we're not faking.

I set up behind a stack of lumber with another solider, my SVT 40 semi-automatic rifle in my hands. We arrange ourselves in a line waiting silently as we listen to German shouts and commands echoing from below. We hear a smoke grenade go off and the far end of the room is obscured by thick white clouds of smoke.

We wait without making a sound. Out of the smoke I see a silhouette appear, their domed helmet marking them as German infantry. I draw up and shoot him twice through the chest and he crumples to the floor.

Rounds come out of the smoke, hitting the soldier next to me. I hear him die. I duck behind the lumber stack and take a few steps back, knowing what's coming next. Rounds perforate the wood in a circular pattern, 5 of them, as someone hunts for me in my cover with a semi-automatic rifle. But none of them hit me. I count two and then stand up, and draw on a German advancing toward my cover as he reloads his rifle. I put two in his chest and drop back into cover immediately and reload. As I'm loading I suddenly realize my flank is open, and turn to see movement no more than 10 feet from me. Panicked, I draw up my rifle and fire 4 rounds straight into the head I see. It's a German soldier, crawling prone on his belly near some I-beams.

But the kill isn't mine. Someone else had shot him and I had merely blown his lifeless head to smithereens.

I stand up and see rounds coming out of the smoke again. I fire off a few quick shots and go back into cover, and am gratified by the screams I hear (and the kill notice on the screen.)

I reload again, knowing that this can't last, that any moment an assault trooper will sweep past my cover on my right and kill me, and all my brothers. I prepare to stand up into what will probably be a horde of advancing troops and withering rifle fire. I'm ready. I made them pay dearly for this Grain Elevator.

Suddenly the game ends, to a rising chorus of Russian male voices singing proudly. We have won, against all odds. Demoralized at their heavy losses and the drawn out battle, and out of time before Allied reinforcements reach the Elevator, the Axis forces retreat at the cusp of victory, leaving our precious Grain Elevator in the strong grip of the Soviet Union. We're heroes (and I'm #1 on the scoreboards.)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:20:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2011, 11:30:13 pm »

Level 15, Dart Gun (Lvl 1 schematic), Assault rifle, 12 Deathclaws killed within a half hour tops with less than half my health upon arrival to town. All while wearing a vault (utility) suit and a shady hat.

Fallout 3
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:33:31 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 709