Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292763 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:45 pm »

CrimeCraft: Bleedout

I discovered the cloak skill.  I'm now owning all the pansy snipers and machine gunners with my pistol :)
(Like 1st or 2nd place on my team using the pistol almost exclusively.)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:08 pm »

I am the Orc Messiah.
...or going to be soon, anyway.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2011, 04:48:18 am »

After giving my buddy the locations of fuel trucks, I went to a place where cars were repaired to destroy a garbage compactor. As soon as I found high ground to snipe from, it started to rain and fog up. I couldn't see shit. I dashed foward, performing a full assault on the place. Eventually, my rifle jammed. I just dropped it and got a shotgun. I was blasting away at everything until there was finally nobody left.

I found the garbage compactor. In the room, there was a small gas tank and a large gas cylinder. I moved a fuel barrel into the room and shot the small gas tank. It flew around the room before exploding and detonating the fuel barrel, which activated the large cylinder. The large cylinder flew around the room and eventually blew up right next to the compactor, destroying it. I then ambushed a squad with my buddy, killing the soldiers with a flamethrower.

FarCry 2

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:53:54 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:39 pm »

Invaded Korea, playing as the Japanese. Had to first cross the sea between Japan and Chosun(my geography fails me at the moment, I forget what it's called). I meant to take Inichion, their main port, and right in the center of their territory, but the presence of their army pushed me towards the city further out. Had to bring in reinforcements from across the sea, which resulted in a nasty running battle as the Koreans sent their fleet to intercept. It resulted in the loss of my navy, but most of the transports made it through.

Following this was a constant slaughterfest as I fought to first take Inichion, then lost it, then took it and kept it, then fought to attack Seoul. With about 15 minutes left on the clock(started at 90), I managed to break through and captured Seoul. At that point, that seemed to just run out of effort to counterattack, and I held Seoul until they were eliminated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2011, 12:49:04 pm »

After giving my buddy the locations of fuel trucks, I went to a place where cars were repaired to destroy a garbage compactor. As soon as I found high ground to snipe from, it started to rain and fog up. I couldn't see shit. I dashed foward, performing a full assault on the place. Eventually, my rifle jammed. I just dropped it and got a shotgun. I was blasting away at everything until there was finally nobody left.

I found the garbage compactor. In the room, there was a small gas tank and a large gas cylinder. I moved a fuel barrel into the room and shot the small gas tank. It flew around the room before exploding and detonating the fuel barrel, which activated the large cylinder. The large cylinder flew around the room and eventually blew up right next to the compactor, destroying it. I then ambushed a squad with my buddy, killing the soldiers with a flamethrower.

FarCry 2
Can you throw people into the trash compactor in that game? Or even the barrels themselves?

Wait... why were you attacking a TRASH COMPACTOR?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 20, 2011, 02:33:04 pm »

My small army of about 5 musketeers, three horsemen, roughly 15 infantry of various skills, and me, finally catches up to a group of bandits we'd been chasing. Unfortunately, another group of bandits was in the area and joined the fight, bringing the total up to 60 bandits versus my army of roughly 25.

As luck would have it, we were positioned on top of a small hill (more of a bump, really), and the bandits had to charge through open ground to get to us. I ordered the entire army to hold position while I went in to harass and delay the enemy. Firing a few carbine rounds managed to get their attention, and I soon had roughly fifteen infantry chasing me while bandit musketeers did their best to hit me. I had to keep attacking them however, or they'd give up the pursuit and go after my troops instead. A few tried, only to get cut down more or less simultaneously by an exceptional round of shooting.

All this time, I'm firing my carbine whenever I have a decent shot, and swooping in with my sword whenever a nearby bandit was busy reloading. I order my men to charge the decimated scum, only for the bandit reinforcements to arrive. I can't disengage long enough to order them back to their places, and the musketeers are nearly out of ammo anyways, so I charge directly into the new bandit army, breaking their ranks enough for my fellow horsemen to punch through as the infantry move in as fast as they can.

When the final totals came in, I had only lost a single mercenary halberdier. All 60 bandits died.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 20, 2011, 02:36:51 pm »

My small army of about 5 musketeers, three horsemen, roughly 15 infantry of various skills, and me, finally catches up to a group of bandits we'd been chasing. Unfortunately, another group of bandits was in the area and joined the fight, bringing the total up to 60 bandits versus my army of roughly 25.

As luck would have it, we were positioned on top of a small hill (more of a bump, really), and the bandits had to charge through open ground to get to us. I ordered the entire army to hold position while I went in to harass and delay the enemy. Firing a few carbine rounds managed to get their attention, and I soon had roughly fifteen infantry chasing me while bandit musketeers did their best to hit me. I had to keep attacking them however, or they'd give up the pursuit and go after my troops instead. A few tried, only to get cut down more or less simultaneously by an exceptional round of shooting.

All this time, I'm firing my carbine whenever I have a decent shot, and swooping in with my sword whenever a nearby bandit was busy reloading. I order my men to charge the decimated scum, only for the bandit reinforcements to arrive. I can't disengage long enough to order them back to their places, and the musketeers are nearly out of ammo anyways, so I charge directly into the new bandit army, breaking their ranks enough for my fellow horsemen to punch through as the infantry move in as fast as they can.

When the final totals came in, I had only lost a single mercenary halberdier. All 60 bandits died.
What game were you playing? Sounds awesome

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 20, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »

sounds like Mount and Blade : Fire and Sword ;)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »

Bingo. I'm sorry, I honestly forgot to mention the game name ._.;

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 20, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »

I read up. The review says it is an excessively complicated game that takes an extremely long time to learn.

FUN

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 20, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

I read up. The review says it is an excessively complicated game that takes an extremely long time to learn.

FUN
In some ways, it's like Adventurer Mode 3D except everyone is human. You start with some basic equipment, get assigned quests from local leaders, and gain companions in a vast, living world full of wars, commerce, and characters. Combat, even with guns, is physics based - the game tracks individual bullets as they fly through the air, and mounted combat is brutal thanks to the horse's speed adding to your melee damage. The battlefields are procedurally generated.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 20, 2011, 08:04:12 pm »

In Mount and Blade (Trial Version) I was beaten up by thugs, I then hunted them down and murdered them all.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »

So in the original M&B, which nation sucks the most? I'm thinking the Rhodoks were. Crossbows are bad enough, but they don't have any cavalry and they live right next to two nations who are KINGS of mounted combat.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 20, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »

Dunno much about the Rhodoks, but it seemed that in every game I played the Nords would get their asses handed to them. This was a major problem, since I liked the look and feel of the Nords more than the other factions and tended to side with them. This led to the game rapidly becoming unplayable as they lost more territory and I couldn't even recruit some peasants without being mauled by 200-man armies.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »

At least the Nords have a great siege capacity. Thats what you do with them. Grab an army, join up, lay siege and assault as quickly as possible. Then do that with the next city. And so on.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 709