Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289367 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »

No clue if this is the best thread to post this, but I'll do it anyways.

Me and a friend were playing the Spec Ops for Modern Warfare 2, one of the early missions were you have to kill swarms of enemies. Having died in that mission several times, having never played Modern Warfare 2 before, I eventually hit on a foolproof way to win the mission. I basically grabbed an infrared sniper rifle and camped a choke point at the edge of the map. My friend used an assault rifle and rampaged throughout the restaurant that I was hiding behind (which also helped to protect my back). Eventually he would get overwhelmed and start to bleed out. Amusingly, while bleeding out, you can still move around a bit, though rather slowly. Thus, whenever my friend was bleeding out, he would scoot the 10~15 meters towards me on his ass. After being revived he would then run back into the restaurant to repeat the cycle again. I can only imagine what the people who wash the military's clothes think...

If you're wondering, we finally managed to win that mission. It took several moments of badassery, such as stabbing two enemy soldiers, while at low health, while your friend is bleeding out all over the floor. I suppose that what troubled us before was that we'd always hang out in the restaurant proper, leading to deadly crossfires and want not. Who would have guessed that camping is a viable strategy in Call of Duty?  :P

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:08 am »

The Empire had been at war with the kingdom of Sarleon for a loooooong time and I was pretty much the only Empire lord who wasn't constantly crushed by the enemy. Actually I regularly trounced them and made quite a lot of money by capturing isolated enemy lords and getting ransom for them. Marshalls were changed constantly (usually after being captured by the enemy), each one failing harder than before and castles were falling one after the other. Finally, the Imperator wises up and says "Hey that guy has been the only one successful in this damn war, maybe he knows what he's doing". So I was appointed marshall. Almost instantly, peace was signed. 8)

Can't help but picturing the negociations being :
-Please guys, you have already 3 of our castles, just sign the damn peace treaty.
-NEVER, WE WILL CRUSH YOU AND DRINK YOUR BLOOD
-'Kay, whatever, but guess who is our war leader now?
-...alright let's make peace.

Problem is, I have no idea what I'll do with my badass army now that I have no enemies to capture/ransom/loot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:54:56 am by Alg »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2011, 10:52:37 pm »

Using my wooden trashcan shaped flying machine in an arena against similar things.  It was me vs 2 others the farthest one away threw a really big bomb while the other one charged at me with a blade.

I used my momentum to swing my own axe blade around knocking the charging opponent into his buddy's big bomb, it exploded and the force blew the poor guy off screen in the space of 3 frames completely stunned and at a parabolic trajectory  I expect him to be dead.  I focus on the one that threw the bomb, eventually smashing him into the ground and stunning him for a time, and getting ready to capitalize when the guy that got hit by the bomb (the map wraps around) comes flying in from the other direction, still stunned and smashes into the other opponent on the ground at the same speed he left the screen at.

The explosion was glorious, they both die.  I win.

Hammerfight.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2011, 03:26:55 am »

Assaulting The walls of Uxkhal with my ELITE army :D

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2011, 06:11:10 pm »

Stalking the cliffs above the road I see my prey. A lone man, armed and hostile. I quickly jump to a better vantage point as he gets closer.
Then I jump. I conjure a sword as I fall.
He spins to face me as I land. I crouch out of the way of his swing and thrust my pulsing blade through his chest. His soul is mine.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2011, 07:57:26 pm »

Stalking the cliffs above the road I see my prey. A lone man, armed and hostile. I quickly jump to a better vantage point as he gets closer.
Then I jump. I conjure a sword as I fall.
He spins to face me as I land. I crouch out of the way of his swing and thrust my pulsing blade through his chest. His soul is mine.

I thought you couldn't cast spells in mid air? Or dodge attacks by simply crouching (sneaking)?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2011, 08:00:42 pm »

A. Poetic license
B. I'm not sure if it hold true in Skyrim but in Oblivion you could cast spells in mid air so long as you had at least 25 Acrobatics.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »

A. Poetic license
B. I'm not sure if it hold true in Skyrim but in Oblivion you could cast spells in mid air so long as you had at least 25 Acrobatics.

I know about casting in mid air in Oblivion, but this is Skyrim. Acrobatics isn't a skill in Skyrim, nor are there any perks anywhere that allow you to cast spells in mid air :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:39 pm »

I get knocked out by a couched lance that deals 370 damage (I have around 90 health), so I'm locked out of giving orders for the battle. The enemy's horse goes around my archer line and charges them from the back. The archers kill every single one of them with no casualties.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »

Killed a raider boss who was armed with a high tech exosuit and a combuster hammer with my friend. I fried that f**ker alive with my tesla gauntlet.

Edit: HellMOO
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:55:02 pm by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »

Read the OP or don't post.

plskthxbai
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2011, 08:51:00 pm »

Read the OP or don't post.

plskthxbai
Sorry. Fixed my post
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2011, 08:52:44 pm »

Thank you. That tesla gauntlet sounded interesting  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:54 pm »

Used a bow with a cheathax Silent Moons Enchant up to 600 damage, at night.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »

Hurr durr, let's go into this shop. Oh hey djinn that followed me in OH MY GOD WHY AM I DYING EAT WAND OF TELEPORT oh sorry there shopkeeper i didn't mean to hit you oh shit why are you punching me

Dungeons of Dredmor
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 709