Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289446 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1200 on: February 23, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »

I always found a source of reflection and magic resistance to be of prime importance.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 23, 2013, 07:39:21 pm »

Saved the quarter master's life after he accidentally spaced himself when boarding a mining shuttle that just left by dragging him to medbay to be cloned. Was rewarded with a ripley for it and proceeded to strip that asteroid bare of its resources.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:11:38 pm by Dirg »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 23, 2013, 10:02:48 pm »

Had an amazingly good session last night/this morning, playing better than I ever have before.
I finally got around to switching to the micro uzi as backup for my sniper rifle, and good gods it is so good. Incredibly tired, my eyes sore and head aching, unable to really focus, I started to play more on instinct than anything and began to actually hold my own. I was managing to quickly scope in on people with my rifle and kill them on-the-go, and my uzi-based shenanigans were deadly- as soon as I got it I bought increased blindfire accuracy, so just blaze wildly as I charge towards someone, hopefully scoring at least a few hits, and then finish 'em off with a melee hit.
They try to run? Well, then I just hold l1 to actually aim. :P
I've also gotten better at stealth kills etc. One moment stands out, the idol (think flag) was right in the heroes' base, I rush through there, see an enemy tackle one of my team from behind and snap their neck. I run up, get behind him and do exactly the same thing, with an identical animation. Comedy!
I have improved immeasurably at this game. In one session I went from rank 38(or 39?) to 42. :P That's actually quite a lot.

Damn, this game is so bloody fun. I'm glad it still has a decent playerbase. Now I just need to recover so I can play it some more...
Apologies for my sleep-befuddled rambling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

deve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 23, 2013, 11:06:18 pm »

@Yoink: Incidentally, Grayswandir would fix your hallucination problem.

I've been trying time after time to get a demonspawn character past Lair in Crawl. In my most recent DsGl of Makhleb, I found an early +2,+4 spiked flail and found a +2 crystal plate mail of cold resistance in the Ice Cave. I lucked out with talons, nighthunter, and powered by death mutations, so I think I might actually win with this one.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1204 on: February 24, 2013, 07:37:38 am »

Got 6 kills plus 1 friendly fire kill by sneaking up on an enemy sunderer and using my tank mines.
-Planetside 2

That's not owning. People do that all the time. I had a guy run into like 3 of my squadmates and a couple blue-tags to plant mines on the sundy and I was the one who had to shoot at him to get people to realize there was an enemy running through us. Still blew up the damn Sundy anyway. I don't have enough certs to throw into Mineguard yet.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 24, 2013, 12:27:05 pm »

Got 6 kills plus 1 friendly fire kill by sneaking up on an enemy sunderer and using my tank mines.
-Planetside 2

That's not owning. People do that all the time. I had a guy run into like 3 of my squadmates and a couple blue-tags to plant mines on the sundy and I was the one who had to shoot at him to get people to realize there was an enemy running through us. Still blew up the damn Sundy anyway. I don't have enough certs to throw into Mineguard yet.
Newsflash: Ownage is subjective.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 24, 2013, 04:10:57 pm »

F:NV's been teaching me about SMG caliber... heheheh. I thought 9mm was amazing. Then I got ahold of a 12.7mm. They all drop dead. Their heads come off. White Leg, Marked Man, Fiend, Powder Ganger, Lobotomite, Legionairre.

I'm a walking armory. I do so love godmode.

H&H Tools Nailgun.
Laser RCS.
Red Glare.
Blade of the West.
Super-Heated Saturnite Power Fist.
A heap of useless Clean Atomic Knives.
I've got so many cool guns.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:38:37 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1207 on: February 24, 2013, 04:34:53 pm »

CHARGING THE METEORS SERIOUSLY WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM LATELY GOD

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 24, 2013, 04:37:56 pm »

Slayerhero was playing Fallout New Vegas. Probably.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1209 on: February 24, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »

CHARGING THE METEORS SERIOUSLY WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM LATELY GOD
Well it's pretty funny seeing the reactions. So I'd say that.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1210 on: February 24, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »

Slayerhero was playing Fallout New Vegas. Probably.
I know. Plus some sort of mod.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 24, 2013, 05:41:47 pm »

I just used the typo'd abbreviation. Rather than, you know, getting angry at someone for something you didn't see, perhaps you could use the eyes that hopefully still work for you.

There was no mod involved either. Just me, the console, and every DLC.
My tumblr.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 25, 2013, 11:51:30 am »

I just used the typo'd abbreviation. Rather than, you know, getting angry at someone for something you didn't see, perhaps you could use the eyes that hopefully still work for you.

Just as a note, but using abbrevations isn't that usefull. After all, most of the people that don't recognize the game won't recognize the abbrevation either. Especially if it's hidden in the  text, and wrongly spelled.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1213 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:00 pm »

Oh dear. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I did say I knew what game you were talking about (you would do well to listen to some of your own advice ::)), but like 10ebbor10 said, abbreviations aren't always helpful to all of the people reading this thread, especially when they're typo'd. Sure most of us will know what you're talking about, but its bad form to assume that every single person who reads your post will know what you're talking about right off. Does that make sense?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 26, 2013, 10:23:27 pm »

::)
But I did read the post you fit in before me. Nothing about what I said, at least to me, gave off any indication that I failed to follow my own advice. But look, I have a problem where I can't tell if someone's gonna have difficulties readingwhat I said. I know what it means and I don't know how to finish what I'm trying to say right now in words, so can you please infer?
My tumblr.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 709