Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289439 times)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1515 on: July 13, 2013, 11:55:39 pm »

I killed ??? in less than 10 seconds in a crazy damage heavy run

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 14, 2013, 12:32:00 am »

A minor one, and may end in failure, but for now things are going well.  My swordsman, whom I've trained extensively in stealth, throwing and wrestling, and with quite a lot of armor, was sneaking around, until he encountered a goblin camp.  There was about 12 of them, one crossbowman, the rest a mix of sword, spear, lasher, axe and macegobs.  I started by killing their leader, who was very isolated, by disarming him and slicing him into bits.

But then I had a problem.  Te majority of the goblins were grouped together, and with that crossbowgob, one single bolt could end me, or cripple me.  So I immediately began sneaking around, taking out the more separate goblins using rocks.  Eventually, I managed to kill about 5 goblins, and I had a clear shot to the crossbowgob.  I broke his ribs with a well placed throwing stone, and I dashed in, cut his head off, and dashed out, with no one noticing.

I figure, now it's safe to reveal myself, I could probably take them one by one in melee.  I unsneak, and then the goblins start fleeing

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 14, 2013, 04:16:41 am »

Potence 5+Celerity 5+Fortitude 5+Theft of Vitae 5+Ainkurn Sword+90 DEX+70 STR=managing to kill the Underprince of New York in one shot and thinking you broke the game somehow as a result. I had to search around for five minutes just to make sure that wasn't the case.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 14, 2013, 06:11:32 am »

Was trying to catch Rayquaza. Was down to my lvl 26 Swablu whose only purpose is flying me around. Thought to throw a normal Pokéball because, I mean, it was at full health and I was gonna have to reset anyway, so why not?
Yeah, I actually caught it. At full health. With a normal ball.

Pokémon Emerald
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1519 on: July 14, 2013, 06:13:47 am »

Was trying to catch Rayquaza. Was down to my lvl 26 Swablu whose only purpose is flying me around. Thought to throw a normal Pokéball because, I mean, it was at full health and I was gonna have to reset anyway, so why not?

Pokémon Emerald
Fuck you. My brother and I had to Ultra Ball for hours before we got Ho-Oh. Yeah, we haven't played pokémon since.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 14, 2013, 06:54:24 am »

Pokémon Emerald
Fuck you. My brother and I had to Ultra Ball for hours before we got Ho-Oh. Yeah, we haven't played pokémon since.
Regular poke balls actually work very well against legendaries.  But even then I still have recurring nightmares of trying to catch legendaries in my sleep. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1521 on: July 14, 2013, 06:56:33 am »

Pokémon Emerald
Regular poke balls actually work very well against legendaries.  But even then I still have recurring nightmares of trying to catch legendaries in my sleep.
That's awful. D: I dream about riding Yoshi when I sleep. And I always hear this song whenever I have those dreams.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 14, 2013, 07:12:05 am »

King of Denmark, in Personal Union with Norway, Sweeden, and England, with vassals of Finland, Scotland and a unified Ireland under Munster. Exist as a peaceful nation with strong diplomatic ties, exerting military force normally only to maintain status quo or to prevent any agressive actions in northern or central Europe. Suddenly, I Inherit all of Scandanavia and England, prompting me to Diplo-annex Finland and Scotland, and form Scandanavian Empire, just in time for my second National Idea which naturally is "Quest for the New World". I leave the Hansiatic trade network and build my own centre of trade in darkest Finland, to ensure everyone will pay the sound toll, nice and safe behind my Baltic fleet of galleys. I use my leadership of the HRE and diplomatic contacts to dissolve it once and for all, sparking multiple wars in central Europe as people start squabbling over land. Standing astride northern Europe like a behemoth, my settlers stream over the north Atlantic to Greenland and Canada, slowly making our way down the coast to New England, peacefully assimilating the natives as we go. I am expecting to run into Portugal or Castille once I get near Florida, but as of yet there is no sign of them. I might make it all the way to Mexico unopposed before running into the Aztec, who probably wont put up much of a fight before I repeat the process through south america and the Inca. Heack, if nothing else all of North America is mine, along with northern Europe.

EUIII. Never before have I had so many plans all come together at one short stunning moment.
This is a blank sig.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 14, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »

Killed two badass raiders at point blank range with my Jakobs shawtgun. One shotted both of them in quick succession before reloading like a badass and looting the corpses.

"I feel awesomer already!" -Mechromancer

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 14, 2013, 01:21:08 pm »

Pokémon Emerald

Rayquaza has a capture rate of 3. This means, at full health, you had a ~0.4% chance of capturing it at full health with a regular Pokeball.

Congratulations, you lucky bastard.  :)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1525 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55:49 pm »

Killed two badass raiders at point blank range with my Jakobs shawtgun. One shotted both of them in quick succession before reloading like a badass and looting the corpses.

"I feel awesomer already!" -Mechromancer

Yeah, I was just about to post something here about exactly that. Which is.. Kinda weird..

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 14, 2013, 08:20:44 pm »

I finally by CS:Source so I can play TTT as anything other than a mess of errors.  My first game I was a traitor.  I found a detective on his own and blew him away with my Galil.  I then found a Deagle and started headshotting people until we won, knowing that even if they were camping they wouldn't shoot me without warning me first.  My second game I was also a traitor, and I found few opportunities to do anything at first.  Then I found myself on a deserted rooftop, picked off two innocents in my area, than saw two innocents in a clock tower, one accusing the other of sniping while said sniper was aiming at me.  I sniped the sniper, then the other innocent grabbed his rifle but was completely wrong about where the shot came from, letting me miss three times before finally getting him.

My first two TTT games were traitor wins :D.  My fifth, I started out by setting an explosive barrel next to an AFK.    I turned out traitor and someone walked up to the barrel.  So I shoot it, then spin around to where a guy is calling out "holy shit, some dude just shot a barrel and" *headshot*.  Three kills, no witnesses.

This was followed by a streak of me getting RDMed, then four separate cases of me accidentally killing innocents in a semi-justified manner (seriously, if you announce over that chat that you're a traitor...).  This culminated in me killing a detective.  By accident.  Because FML.  Still, good start.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 14, 2013, 11:29:22 pm »

Remember the mega bitch guard on Noveria? I ended up fighting her, and unbeknownst to her I was level 25 at the time and had Wrex and Liara in my party. Cue her being exploded before she even finished her taunt.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 14, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

Galactic Punt, motherfucker

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 15, 2013, 01:07:30 am »

A 2000 damage per shot explosive rocket launcher + 150 stacks of Anarchy for 262.5% bonus damage = Everything dead in two shots or less. Also, lots of EXPLOSIOOOONS and LUDICROUS GIBS.

And if the 2 rawkets don't kill it, I can just chuck the rawket launcher at whatever's left standing for even more frakkin' explosions. The rocket launcher is its own rocket! Rockets fired out of rockets! Explosionception!

Explosions are pretty fun.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:22:30 am by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 709