Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292545 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1590 on: July 30, 2013, 08:35:40 am »

Playing in the Arathi basin battleground, a few of us go to assault the lumber mill. I get there first and get pretty much instakilled by the alliance dudes, who then run off to the hill to attack the rest of my team. I use Reincarnate which rezzes me on the spot with barely any health or mana, and use the distraction created by the rest of my team to cap the point. The alliance dudes notice this but see that I'm really low health, so they send one warrior over to kill me while the rest go to attack another of our bases. I use thunderstorm to knock the warrior off the cliff to his death and casually stroll away to assist in the defense of another point.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 30, 2013, 09:54:48 am »

Hello, Dracula.

Meet Shield Rod + Alucard Shield.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: July 30, 2013, 09:58:39 am »

I'm playing as Africa, with my only opponent being North America.  I concentrate almost all my defenses on the west and north coast, with only a single silo and two radars on the eastern cost.  I place my fleets so that I can immediately strike at the eastern coast, with only a single fleet to defend my shores against anything that gets through.  DEFCON 3- I begin my attack.  They have one mixed fleet of carriers and battleships and one fleet of subs defending their coast.  Both are swiftly annihilated, and I only lose one battleship and aircraft carrier. DEFCON 2 starts moments after I send in my fighters to start scouting for targets, while my bombers from Africa start to begin their journey.  I find two missile silos, a radar installation, and an airfield, but the fire is so thick that I can only speculate on the locations of the silos behind them.  DEFCON 1 then starts.  I  start selecting my targets, and my bombers open fire, annihilating the airfield and both silos, and devastating the eastern coast.  Then the heartland of the U.S lights up with missile launches.  I launch bombers from my carriers offshore, silencing them permanently at the cost of only about 15 million of my civlilians.  With the road into the U.S open, I get ready to convert my silos to ICBM mode, when I begin to wonder where the hell the rest of North America's fleet is at.  Moments later I get alerts that missile launches have been detected on the eastern coast of Africa.  I send my fleet over, and eventually take out most of their subs, but taking out their actual fleet proves much harder.  Their missiles hit, and with only one silo I lost nearly 30 million civies, along with one of my radar installations.  I am now running behind in points, so I take a gamble and trust my fleet to prevent any more bombers from taking off, and convert all my silos to launch mode, along with launching the rest of my remaining bombers in an all or nothing attack.  The U.S is devasated, with only a couple million civilians alive.  My fleet finishes moving into position, catching the remaining North American fleets in between them and my airbases, crushing them.  When the radioactive dust clears, I'm left with 30 million civilians alive and the Americans a mere 2 million.   With multiple bombers bearing on those few population centers remaining.  Not bad for my first game, even thou I'm sure having a bunch of other players would make it a lot harder.   
Did you get that for the Steam Summer sale too? Damn DEFCON is depressing.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 30, 2013, 03:34:31 pm »

I got DEFCON with Uplink ages ago because I am a real fan of Introversion *places on triple-layered hipster goggles*.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: July 31, 2013, 08:59:28 pm »

Healing as a medic on 2Fort Instaspawn 3H round. The red team were all very, very good indeed, and they had Braincancer playing Demoknight (He's the one who designed the Persian Persuader). I charge up an uber and go for it with the lone player left alive near me. A Huntsman Sniper. He charges straight into their defenses, cuts down three of them with a kukri, then headshots the heavy coming to get us with his Brass Beast. When the uber runs out, we back down into the sewers, charge up another Ubercharge, then head back out into the main playing field.

Sniper takes out a level 3 sentry gun with only a bow and arrow, then as my ubercharge runs out, that same Brass Beast Heavy runs straight past me.

I pull out my Ubersaw, dance around him, and slice him to ribbons with it. He gets maybe a few hits in, dropping me to 45 / 150hp.

Want to know the best thing about the Ubersaw?
25% slower firing speed, in exchange for 25% Ubercharge bar gained on hit. It took me five hits to kill Mr Brass Beast Heavy, by which time the Huntsman Sniper was heading back to camp.
A Scout on our team came out, dropped down to where I was, and I activated my newly charged up Ubercharge AGAIN. That's three ubercharges in two and a half minutes.

Scout rips holes in the oncoming team, sniper helping us all the way with his huntsman, and we manage to completely break their defense and they scatter like bowling pins.

We cap three times in the next few minutes, bringing our score up even.

One particularly memorable bit was waiting in a small room with a pyro for an enemy to pick up our intel, and I was taunting with the ubersaw (Slow attack animation, if it connects, OHKO + 100% ubercharge filled up)

I had only just got in place and done the first few frames of the animation when a Demoman ran in and promptly got impaled on my ubersaw.
It was glorious.

"Great heals, Medic. You did good, man".

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 02, 2013, 12:49:36 am »

The latest incarnation of the grey elven wizard Ilia De'Catense managed to get to the tenth floor of the Infinite Dungeon she is so fascinated with before being eviscerated by a dark elven priestess who was likely a member of the Wu Tang Clan due to her being "ain't nothin' to fuck with". That's a new personal record, though I am going to have to clone her for I think the thirtieth time now.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 02, 2013, 12:03:37 pm »

Hello, Dracula.

Meet Shield Rod + Alucard Shield.

Huh, I always just headstomp Dad to death.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 02, 2013, 10:06:54 pm »

Playing the part of Truth and Reconciliation with all the active camo elites (incredibly annoying mission for trying to keep allies alive)

So after a few tries, I start to get the hang of the ACElite's weaknesses. I take out my sniper rifle and que up three headshots before I pull out my plasma pistol and start working on the trash around the room. Unfortunately for me, one of the ACEs snuck up and knocked out two of my allies and started charging me. I kept missing with my sniper rifle, so when I ran out of ammo I switched to my Plasma Pistol.

Then I punched the motherfucker in the face

TKO, bitch died

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1598 on: August 02, 2013, 11:36:25 pm »

Beat a bunch of EX-OPS missions I hadn't tried and got an S on each one, with only a single try each.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 02, 2013, 11:45:58 pm »

Playing the part of Truth and Reconciliation with all the active camo elites (incredibly annoying mission for trying to keep allies alive)

So after a few tries, I start to get the hang of the ACElite's weaknesses. I take out my sniper rifle and que up three headshots before I pull out my plasma pistol and start working on the trash around the room. Unfortunately for me, one of the ACEs snuck up and knocked out two of my allies and started charging me. I kept missing with my sniper rifle, so when I ran out of ammo I switched to my Plasma Pistol.

Then I punched the motherfucker in the face

TKO, bitch died

that was one of the best parts of the game. just running around a bashing elites. (and grunts ;) )

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 03, 2013, 02:48:22 am »

The latest incarnation of the supple beauty known as Ilia De'Catense, or perhaps just Ilia, managed to make it down to the nineteenth level of what appears to be a seemingly endless cavern of some kind before being told to bugger off by a buttmad berserker king she made the mistake of throwing lightning at. That's a new personal record I suppose.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 03, 2013, 11:21:02 am »

The latest incarnation of the supple beauty known as Ilia De'Catense, or perhaps just Ilia, managed to make it down to the nineteenth level of what appears to be a seemingly endless cavern of some kind before being told to bugger off by a buttmad berserker king she made the mistake of throwing lightning at. That's a new personal record I suppose.

Supple beauty?

Pardon me, my good chap, have you seen the supple beauty Ilia about? No? Very well then, I shall be off home to bake my crumpets and so a toodaloo to you!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 03, 2013, 11:38:54 am »

Coming from Fluidics Control, located on a raised area above the main corridor, I hear a protocol droid below me. I drop down through the grav-shaft, barely dodging the psychotic droid as I run by. I reach the door, and turn around to fight the droid. Only, right behind me, I hear the tell-tale sound of a turret activating, so I run right by the droid again, and jump into the grav-shaft. The droid follows me, so I send down a literal blizzard of of cryokinetic blasts, destroying the droid. I jump out of the shaft and turn around just in time to see the robot's debris come slamming into the top of the shaft, propelled by the lift.

Supple beauty?

Pardon me, my good chap, have you seen the supple beauty Ilia about? No? Very well then, I shall be off home to bake my crumpets and so a toodaloo to you!
I would have thought "supple beauty" would have meant high Toughness and Appearance scores.

...Then I remember she's a Grey Elf, so high Toughness would be right out. And I don't know what goes on in my head.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1603 on: August 03, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »

Was working as an engineer on a ship for the Red Team, destroying the opposition for several matches. Blue team was underpopulated, and in the last match they managed with only 5 crew members of 15 to almost win. Afterwards, with Red Team having 14 of 15 and a couple people leaving Blue Team, I swapped teams to captain for the first time. A good number of people joined, and I found myself with a full crew and both side had almost full crews. I used the fastest and most maneuverable ship that I had equipped with a long-range artillery gun at the front, which was the only gun that was used in any significance. My gunner was deadly accurate and our two engineers found very little to do with how much success we were having outmaneuvering and constantly sniping the enemy. For three straight games we punished the enemy team, racking up a good number of kills on our own despite only using the single main gun. Our side didn't even lose a ship. Afterwards, I changed the ship to one that retained the same main gun but had two guns on each side, both sides having a set of chainguns/miniguns, just so the other crewmembers had something to do. Again, our side kept winning without taking a single ship loss and our ship dealt out just as much punishment as the others. This continued for another three games or so, until a Spire finally cornered us to take us out. We had been severely damaged throughout the match and the Spire was using a flamethrower which kept destroying our balloon and damaging the hull. Since we couldn't keep the balloon up, I decided to just dive and slip under or around them, but they were keeping their distance and diving just as hard, too. I planned to cut the dive just before hitting the ground and try to ascend and use the ground to bounce up and reposition the ship. This worked, as we hit the ground but weren't too terrible damaged, while the Spire tried to match us but smashed into the ground due to having a more vertically-oriented ship. The Spire was still flaming us and keeping with us, so I managed to get a broadside angle on them and ordered the crew to man the chainguns to fight it out to the death. None of us knew the condition of the Spire, we just knew it was do or die at that point. Suddenly, an allied Pyramidion that none of us noticed during our descending dance of death, came from behind us and I swear they were burning kerosene to ram the crap out of that Spire at more-than-normal-max speed, firing as many guns as it could at the same moment. The Spire was taken out as the winning kill of the match before my crew even managed to walk the handful of feet to the broadside guns. I ended the night on that note after thanking my crew and the crew and captain of the Pyramidion.

Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 03, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »

Raiding a regional school with my bow and arrow engineer.  I had been here once but didn't have the carrying capacity to grab all the books, so I had to make a second trip.

I fight my way through the school plugging kids that won't stay dead with a slowly dwindling supply of arrows.  I get to the library and start loading knowledge into my backpack when I see a hulk through the windows, and it's coming straight towards me.  I grab the last book I need and check my quiver.  All the ammo I have left are weak field points, for hunting rabbits.  I figure that ain't gunna hurt the hulk, and make for the exit wishing I had some adderall.

It smashes through the window, I'm not going to reach my car before it reaches me.  I do have one arrow that might fix this problem though...

I light up a flammable arrow and fire it at the hulk, hoping it will be slowed down by the fire, or maybe even burn to death.  Instead the dry half smashed library goes up in a fireball.   I decide, yet again, that it's time to make a quick exit.  I get out of the library, to a cacophony of smashes as the entire school begins to crumble.

The moment I get out of the front door the entire front desk area collapses into a pile of rubble, inferno close behind.

I get into my car and go around the school once, looking for the hulk.  It is nowhere to be seen through the thick smoke and flames.   

Me:1  Public Education system: 0

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:31:08 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 709