Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292513 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1905 on: November 24, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »

Oh I get like that sometimes. I'm rather surprised by how short some games I used to play actually are. I put it down to I used to explore a whole lot more, because I didn't know for sure whether or not there was something behind that permanently locked door or not.

Recent ownage... uh... I can perform a proper combo in "Skullgirls"? "lp - lk - mk - fwd hk -cancel into qcb - qcf kk" for Painwheel. Combo inputs and me have a "practice-then-get-finger-cramp" relation. I much prefer fighters which allow moves to be queued to a degree, unlike Street Fighter IV which requires insane timing skills to pull off regularly.

let's see... standard punch-to-kick combo, cancel into QCB something, i assume flight, QCF KK = Buer Overdrive? That air super?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 25, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »

I won Half Life 2: Episode 2

I despise striders with all of my being.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 26, 2013, 09:13:34 am »

I beat The End by tranquilizing him.  It was hard, but I finally beat him by following his footprints when he ran, then sneaking up on him and shooting him when he stopped running. An hour of doing this later, and I have received a shiny new Mosin Nagant as a reward.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 26, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

I beat The End by tranquilizing him.  It was hard, but I finally beat him by following his footprints when he ran, then sneaking up on him and shooting him when he stopped running. An hour of doing this later, and I have received a shiny new Mosin Nagant as a reward.

Did you remember to hold him up for his camo too? Free stamina in sunlight and 100% camo rating!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:55 am »

Never has juking as Genji felt so satisfying while dealing sneaky damage with his AA. People don't realize how powerful it is coupled with his mobility, even though the DPS itself is subpar. Hell, I didn't even rush my AA upgrades this match, wihch is what I usually do, instead decided to build into Cocoon (with lifesteal, droid morph and slow).

If you know how to juke peoples like Skolldir and Froggy you truly feel like a god.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 27, 2013, 12:46:45 pm »

Did you remember to hold him up for his camo too? Free stamina in sunlight and 100% camo rating!
I did hold him up at one point, but I shot him because I didn't know about the camo.  :'(
But now I know for my next play through, thanks.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 28, 2013, 10:10:50 am »

Beat the Rebel Flagship with the Mantis B cruiser, one of the harder ships to play successfully(you start with zero weapons. No, I'm not kidding, this is pure boarding actions in the beginning). Why ownage, you ask? I managed to snag, and bring online, a burst laser mk-3 in SECTOR 1!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 28, 2013, 10:34:22 am »

Oh I get like that sometimes. I'm rather surprised by how short some games I used to play actually are. I put it down to I used to explore a whole lot more, because I didn't know for sure whether or not there was something behind that permanently locked door or not.

Recent ownage... uh... I can perform a proper combo in "Skullgirls"? "lp - lk - mk - fwd hk -cancel into qcb - qcf kk" for Painwheel. Combo inputs and me have a "practice-then-get-finger-cramp" relation. I much prefer fighters which allow moves to be queued to a degree, unlike Street Fighter IV which requires insane timing skills to pull off regularly.

let's see... standard punch-to-kick combo, cancel into QCB something, i assume flight, QCF KK = Buer Overdrive? That air super?

Pardon, didn't see your reply earlier.

"lp - lk - mk - fwd hk -cancel into qcb k - qcf kk" for Painwheel.

Yes, QCB + K   I meant, Painwheel's helicopter thingy. QCF KK is Buer Overdrive, you should be able to catch the opponent with the air grab when they're bouncing off the ground from the FWD HK (That's the one where you hit up to 4 times with the pinwheel blades.

I'm pretty sure if I was nimble enough you could add another rotation in by hitting them with a normal air move, landing and repeating the "lp - lk - mk - fwd hk" or some variant.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:43:34 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 28, 2013, 03:00:08 pm »

Got a 1.2 km Critical Hit and destroyed the enemy aircraft in one salvo with my Lagg-3's cannon in arcade mode.

War Thunder

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 29, 2013, 12:59:01 pm »

Invaded Utopia. Sent three massive troop carriers, carrying well over 60 troopers in total. Parked them all in the same spot somewhere in Utopia's orbital path, then sent all three to attack the planet. Utopia's ion cannon disabled one, but the other two managed to reach the planet. All at once, the defenders of Utopia shredded the (now empty) transports, but left the disabled one alone, while the Ancient Guardians simply said "Stop attacking us!". While the ground battle was going fairly evenly, the third transport, still disabled, somehow floated right into Utopia, dropping it's load. The defenders of Utopia, who were previously outnumbered roughly 2-1, suddenly surrendered, giving me control of the best planet in the galaxy, about 50-100 ships with maxed out tech, and Utopia's massive space port and defense batteries. I proceeded to retire all the Ancient Guardians' ships for their tasty tech bonuses(most of them, for some reason, kept giving progress on Indestructible Compounds, which I wasn't really researching).

My tax income went from -~40k(tourism more than covered that) to over 1 million instantly.

In the meantime, I am building two abandoned planet destoryers, although my spies have discovered that the Boskara are building one of their own. And since the bugs have had no qualms about spying on me(badly), parking fleets in orbit around my worlds, and even one or two isolated attacks on freighters, I'm gonna use it on their homeworld.

Whenever I find a rival faction building a planet destroyer, I find the name of the construction ship building it and send spies to sabotage its construction.

After a few goes, the world destroyer blows up.
Funnily enough, I did sabotage it right away. I never found it again. Not sure if I blew it up, but even the marker on the map disappeared. It took some savescumming to pull of a 1-month operations map theft(because the success chance you're shown doesn't account for defending spies), but there was nothing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1915 on: November 29, 2013, 03:45:03 pm »

My guess is they finished it?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 29, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »

Playing as an American mechanized force against a soviet mechanized force, with the soviets on the defense.   I randomly select a location for a map.   It's mostly plains, with a single small town in the middle, but it's close enough to my side that it doesn't really affect the battle.  I have two platoons of mechanized infantry, two mechanized scout units, five self propelled mortar sections, one platoon of main battle tanks, one mechanized command unit, one heavy machine gun section, and four platoons of infantry (Don't ask why my mechanized infantry force had more regular infantry then mechanized infantry).   Neither side has air superiority.   I begin my assault.   My tanks bypass the town and travel along the southern edge, following behind my scout.   One of my mechanized infantry platoons goes along the northern edge, again following behind a scout.   One mortar follows each of these advances, while the rest of my forces quickly occupy the town to use it as a command and artillery post.   My two flanking attacks have differing levels of success.  On the southern approach my scout hears enemies ahead, and I dismount my scout section, who then continues advancing and spots a unit of enemy APCs.  While my four tanks get into position my mortars adjust their aim and get ready to fire.  I give the order, and while the APCs and their infantry are suppressed my tanks quickly take them out, beginning their advance, driving all the way through their southern defenses.  At this time my forces in the north make contact.  I order my scout to retreat while I begin retargetting my mortars and prepare my mechanized infantry, thinking this will be an easy mop-up.   They quickly advance up the road, but are ambushed by three soviet main battle tanks.  Two of my APCs are demolished before the infantry can dismount.  I attempt to have them take cover in the nearby trees, but only one can retreat before being gunned down.  I order all my mortars to open fire on the locations of the tanks, and leave them targeting there for a while.  At this time I order my infantry in the town to advance, attacking straight down the middle of the enemy defense line.   They make contact with a few scattered forces, which are taken down with few casualties on my side.   When they finally run into stiff resistance , I get my mortars into position and open fire, while my tanks continue their drive from the south.   Being in the open the soviets don't stand a chance, with machine gun fire from the west, tanks to the east, and my mortars raining down from above.   My victory is absolute, with the majority of my casualties being from the tank ambush.   
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:08:38 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »

I survived the second terror mission without losing any soldiers. Almost lost my colonel assault badass, after he got a facefull of chrysalid and an exploding car to top it off (a stray shot from one of my other soldiers ignited said car, btw), leaving him at one health and poisoned. Thankfully my support was nearby with the medkits.

There were soooo many chrysalids, dear god. We killed 20 aliens in all, including the zombies. Nothing but chrysalids, zombies, and countless civilians standing around waiting to be chrysalified into more horrifying chrysalids.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 02, 2013, 09:31:50 pm »

I'll continue spreading the word of SHIV.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:07 pm »

Team Fortress 2. Playing that Goldenrod City map. I'm a sniper, using the Machina. Only had a few minutes, so I go out and just start shooting. My god, I've never gotten so many headshots. And I was shooting about as fast as I could reload. Normally my aim isn't anything to write home about. I must have been channeling the god of sniping, himself.

BOOM! HEADSHOT!
BOOM! HEADSHOT!
BOOM! HEADSHOT!
BOOM! DOUBLE KILL!
BOOM! HEADSHOT!

I will probably never do that again, but it was incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 709